No announcement yet.

"Didja ever notice..." Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didja notice how bad Madge Carrigan (A Very Supernatural Christmas) is at torturing her victims? Usually, they do the gag with the knife cutting pretty well, but when she cuts Dean's second arm, it is blatantly obvious she isn't cutting him!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
      Didja notice how bad Madge Carrigan (A Very Supernatural Christmas) is at torturing her victims? Usually, they do the gag with the knife cutting pretty well, but when she cuts Dean's second arm, it is blatantly obvious she isn't cutting him!
      I know right? His arm bleeds way to soon, the blade's just barely touched his skin and there's this stream of blood pouring out.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        I know right? His arm bleeds way to soon, the blade's just barely touched his skin and there's this stream of blood pouring out.
        And you can see the totally healthy, UNcut skin underneath!

Comment

Not to mention the fact that when she waves the 'dagger' around you can basically see it doesn't have a sharp blade...

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

And you can see the totally healthy, UNcut skin underneath!
            Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
            Not to mention the fact that when she waves the 'dagger' around you can basically see it doesn't have a sharp blade...
            Yep.

Didja notice that in Asylum Sam says, "The man can't even work a toaster." yet he can hunt, shoot guns and...fix cars! I mean, how can a man who is an accomplished mechanic have trouble working a toaster?

I guess, at that point, they hadn't fleshed him out yet.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Maybe he was talking not about toaster per se but one of those modern toaster ovens with all kinds of programs and stuff... It's not unusual for manually adept people to be useless at electronic gadgets.

What irked me a lot more in that episode, or rather the beginning of the next one - didja notice that there was no trace whatsoever of the rock salt on Dean's chest when he woke up the next morning. If the shot threw him through a wall, you'd think at least some of those crystals would have broken the skin.

sigpic

Comment

Maybe he was talking not about toaster per se but one of those modern toaster ovens with all kinds of programs and stuff... It's not unusual for manually adept people to be useless at electronic gadgets.

What irked me a lot more in that episode, or rather the beginning of the next one - didja notice that there was no trace whatsoever of the rock salt on Dean's chest when he woke up the next morning. If the shot threw him through a wall, you'd think at least some of those crystals would have broken the skin.

My thoughts as well, on both points.

1). I have a brother who is a computer wiz, and has no clue how to turn on an oven. And my dad, who can fix cars, has no idea how to program a thing on his phone!

2). As a fellow whumper, that lack of injury from the rock salt blast also annoys me to no end.

Didja notice, that besides all the other reasons I think they miscast WeeDean, he has the wrong colour eyes!

Comment

My thoughts as well, on both points.

1). I have a brother who is a computer wiz, and has no clue how to turn on an oven. And my dad, who can fix cars, has no idea how to program a thing on his phone!

2). As a fellow whumper, that lack of injury from the rock salt blast also annoys me to no end.

Didja notice, that besides all the other reasons I think they miscast WeeDean, he has the wrong colour eyes!
                  Really? I guess I tried not to look at him too closely - that kid creeped my out.

Didja notice... in the Pilot, when Sam comments on Dean's cassette tape collection he shows him a tape labelled 'Metallica', but when Dean takes it and puts it in the player it plays AC/DC Back in Black.
                  Last edited by starg8fans; 20 July 2010, 09:00 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Didja notice... in the Pilot, when Sam comments on Dean's cassette tape collection he shows him a tape labelled 'Metallica', but when Dean takes it and puts it in the player it plays AC/DC Back in Black.
                    Really? Interesting...

Didja notice...that when ever Dean opens the trunk of the impala and lifts up the lid to the false bottom he always props it(the lid) open with a sawed off? It's cool.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                      Really? Interesting...

Didja notice...that when ever Dean opens the trunk of the impala and lifts up the lid to the false bottom he always props it(the lid) open with a sawed off? It's cool.
                      Did notice a few viewings ago about the Metallica tape playing AC/DC. And I also noticed the sawed-off holding open the trunk, which I also think is very cool!

Pretty common knowledge maybe, but I still think is awesome: Didja know, one of the coolest twists was that Dean wasn't saved from his deal and actually went to Hell, but if it hadn't been for the writer's strike, he WOULD have been saved? They didn't think of really sending him there until they realised they didn't have enough episodes to delve into Sam's trip to the Dark Side with Ruby.

Comment

Did notice a few viewings ago about the Metallica tape playing AC/DC. And I also noticed the sawed-off holding open the trunk, which I also think is very cool!

Pretty common knowledge maybe, but I still think is awesome: Didja know, one of the coolest twists was that Dean wasn't saved from his deal and actually went to Hell, but if it hadn't been for the writer's strike, he WOULD have been saved? They didn't think of really sending him there until they realised they didn't have enough episodes to delve into Sam's trip to the Dark Side with Ruby.
                        I knew about the writers' strike changing the original plan of saving Dean from hell, but I didn't know they were going to use that angle to get him off the hook. Do you have any more details?

sigpic

Comment

I knew about the writers' strike changing the original plan of saving Dean from hell, but I didn't know they were going to use that angle to get him off the hook. Do you have any more details?
                          or angel
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            or angel

sigpic

Comment

The original story was going to be that Ruby would get him addicted to the demon blood (they DID always intend for her to be evil, from the time she was introduced). Sam would then develop his powers to a point where he was strong enough to save Dean from the deal, but the big end-of-the-season twist was going to be the 'at what cost to his soul?' angle (angel ).

Comment

The original story was going to be that Ruby would get him addicted to the demon blood (they DID always intend for her to be evil, from the time she was introduced). Sam would then develop his powers to a point where he was strong enough to save Dean from the deal, but the big end-of-the-season twist was going to be the 'at what cost to his soul?' angle (angel ).
                                Interesting concept. Don't know if I would have preferred a whole season of Dean angsting about whether or not Sam is evil, though. And I guess there was no plan to go for an angel angle? Well, at least something good came out of the writers' strike, then - we got Castiel.

Speaking of which, it seems Castiel has not only the power to heal humans but to heal inanimate objects as well. Didja notice... when he made his appearance in Lazarus Rising his clothes were shredded with bullets from the shotgun, but when he came back in the next episode they were pristine again. So either he has a supply of 'divine tax accountant' attire, or he's a whiz at darning.
                                Last edited by starg8fans; 22 July 2010, 11:22 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X