Jensen Ackles in consideration for Captain America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teal'c2006 View Post
    Yea i can actually see Jensen ackles as captain America, he would make a great captain America.
    People keep saying that, but as I've never read the comic - or graphic novel, whatever the PC phrase is these days lol - I don't know why...is there a particular reason people think he'd fit the role? And fangirls and boys, the answer isn't that he'd look good in spandex!

sigpic

Comment

I've never read the comics either, but JA fits the rugged American image I imagine Captain America as. Some of those other ones like Chace Crawford and Mike Vogel are too "pretty boy" for me. Course who knows what the movie will actually portray Captain America as....he might end up being some pretty boy pansy after Hollywood gets through with him.

I doubt JA gets it though and seems to be pretty much eliminated due to scheduling conflicts mentioned on one of those links...even though he is my biased pick to get it from those mentioned. I really don't see SPN going beyond a sixth season so this would be good for JA, imo, if it were actually possible to resolve the schedule conflicts.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
        People keep saying that, but as I've never read the comic - or graphic novel, whatever the PC phrase is these days lol - I don't know why...is there a particular reason people think he'd fit the role? And fangirls and boys, the answer isn't that he'd look good in spandex!
        Well, there goes my answer...

I agree with Lonestar1836 on the whole Jensen fitting the image thing.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          Well, there goes my answer...
          I'm just surprised no-one said it before tbh.... maybe I've spent too long around fangirls!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
            I'm just surprised no-one said it before tbh....
            It's like you knew what I was going to say.

maybe I've spent too long around fangirls!
            Heh, maybe...
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

There's a manip and a brilliant sketch with Jensen as Cap at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...4/news/?a=7934

sigpic
              Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Okay, I guess this thread can be closed. Chris Evans got the role.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=64459

I find it a bit strange to cast somebody who's already played a Superhero from the same universe (Chris Evans also plays the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four). Especially if they are planning on doing cross-over movies.

sigpic
                Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Probably because they are planning on rebooting the Fantastic Four.

I think Chris Evans could work. At least better than some of the other named as possibles.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                  X