No announcement yet.

Supernatural: Impala thunk thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know! It was fantastic to see it again!

Comment

Impala's aren't exactly the pinnacle of performance cars from the 60s. They're heavy and ungainly with a soft suspension and scrawny brakes. I vote to recast a 69 Nova SS396 car as the main character.
      Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

Originally posted by onealwasoverrated View Post
        impala's aren't exactly the pinnacle of performance cars from the 60s. They're heavy and ungainly with a soft suspension and scrawny brakes. I vote to recast a 69 nova ss396 car as the main character.
        buh!
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

hdrp_0704_bosch_contest_03_z+1969_chevy_nova_ss+rear_quarter.jpg

I'm thinking this car would be a good option. It's tubbed, backhalved, has what looks like at least 4 inch exhaust, wheeliebars, and probably enough horsepower to require such hardcore equipment. It does get a -5 points for not having an NHRA approved master kill switch mounted on the rear though. Not sure why anyone would build a car like that without it. Unless it's a *gasp* street only car. If it has a 4-speed and can speak with a german accent it's a shoein for the role.
          Todd: Fish in a pond, busy busy, lots to do, here and there. Dry as a desert outside, no place to go. Eat up, get stronger, think and hope, think and hope. Don't look now! Oh, keep dreaming. There must be some other reason for your existence. Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Dirt is all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending. I know the future. Come inside. I'll show you your Destiny... John Sheppard.

Comment

I think I've stepped into the Twilight Zone!
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Onealwasoverrated View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]34202[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking this car would be a good option. It's tubbed, backhalved, has what looks like at least 4 inch exhaust, wheeliebars, and probably enough horsepower to require such hardcore equipment. It does get a -5 points for not having an NHRA approved master kill switch mounted on the rear though. Not sure why anyone would build a car like that without it. Unless it's a *gasp* street only car. If it has a 4-speed and can speak with a german accent it's a shoein for the role.

Yes, but will a body fit in the trunk?
              sigpic
              Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
              --Angels in America

Comment

That particular trunk appears to have a giant fuel cell in it, so no. A normal 69 Nova without the fuel cell shouldn't have a problem though.

Comment

So it doesn't fulfil the most important purpose they chose the Impala for.

For me it's like the Highlander: There can be only one.
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

What? You can see the Impala in the picture!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

So. Damn. Jealous.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

Finally! ^^ A little something from 7x23

Part one

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Part two

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

And part three

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

THE IMPALA CAME BACK!!!!!!! Was SOOO happy to see that. I squealed and totally rocked out to the music that played.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing Baby back in action too but... I HATED the tinted windows. Even though I know why they were there. We weren't supposed to see who it wasn't driving her. And I can't believe Dean let Meg drive his baby! He let a demon drive her!!!

Also, anybody notice the passenger in the car prior to it arriving at Roman Ent.?

Great caps Jen!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X