Jared Padalecki Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
    Nah, we must not forget JessM's posts! She's always doing some great artwork for the thread. But other than that, I can't agree more to be surprised that there is literally no one else around in this thread.

Yet, I don't agree fully on your opinion about Jensen Ackles. Besides the fact that "hot" always has such a "lusting after" ring to my ears, which I would rather step away from, and therefore prefer terms like "handsome" or "good looking", I think JA also has a vulnerability to himself that stands in stark contrast to Dean's outgoing and cocky behaviour.

But I'm still more fond of Sammy's often boyish perspective, his sensitivity and sweetness. You are absolutely right to say that he has a cuteness to him, and it shows in Jared Padalecki's whole demeanour when he plays the younger Winchester. Even when Sam is lashing out or behaving more brutal than expected, you can see he's doing so because he hurts so much, mentally. (And that is also the reason why EvilSammy is so darn scary when he makes an appearance!) No matter how far away he is from accepting that Dean will leave him in less than half a year, it's obvious that the deal is driving him insane, and he's getting more and more desperate every minute. And I wonder whether he comes to thinking that eventually everybody just leaves him behind, that everybody is dying because of him, like he said boozed up in 'Playthings'. This emotional turmoil and the kind of innocence he still managed to stick to through all of what happened, that's what fanscinates me so much about Sammy, and Jared Padalecki for portraying it so well.

Sorry for my lengthy post, I'll make it up with more pics...
    No apologies necessary, Twinny! And thanks for the kind words - anything I can do to show my Jared/Sammy appreciation.

I think you summed up well the reasons he appeals to me, too. I've always had a very soft spot for guys who are quite boyish and sweet... even a touch geeky at times (I love Researchy!Sam, lol)...

He just comes off as this large, sweet puppy (I've never met him in person -though would really like to- but all the pics I've seen, the interviews, and accounts from people who've met him at cons seem to show that). And I guess that's really appealing to me.

And I love your pics That last one... it just screams "puppy" to me!

Love your caps too, Jenova! I found some nice ones on LJ and I decided to make some more icons:

(in spoiler space just in case)

Spoiler:

Oh, and here's an animated icon from the previous episode...

Not too happy about it - file size is quite large for one and I'm not sure how to knock it down a bit. But figured I'd share it anyway.

Comment

i remember him back on Gilmore Girls!

sigh
      Somewhere weakness is our strength,
      And I'll die searching for it.

Comment

Welcome to the Jared Padalecki thunk thread, Lilandra! (And if you aren't new to this thread but I simply don't know you yet: Hi, I'm twinny! Just started watching 'Supernatural' quite recently. )

Thank you a million times for the amazing pics from 'Dream a Little Dream', Jenova! Some of them are really caps to behold.

Also thank you, JessM, for the icons and banners/walls, I especially took to the walls. Your animated icon wouldn't show for me.

Anyway, I just happened to watch 'Hookman' again last night. Although it's not a particularly outstanding episode, I like it quite well, definitely one of the top five or eight of the first season. Sammy really had his cute moments in it, and I really liked the sweet guest stars; even though I guess "sweet" isn't the exact right term that springs to mind when you think of the Hookman himself, but I think the guy also had his appeal.

Unfortunately, I couldn't dig up too many decent caps from this episode. I just might have to get my lazy bum into capping the ep myself.

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
        sigpic

Comment

I made lots of Sammy caps from 'Mystery Spot'. Great episode for Sam imo!

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Second batch

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

More

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Still more

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

And the last few

Spoiler:

Poor Sammy, I felt so sorry for him!

He really needs a hug!
                  sigpic

Comment

Wow, the pics alone almost made me weep! Thank you for capping them, Jenova! What would I do without you?

And you are absolutely right by saying that poor Sammy was in desperate need of a tremendous hug. I'm positive though that the fans would have loved to oblige... The guy can get as mature as he wants, 'Mystery Spot' once more confirmed that he is still the master of the "all of four-year-old pleading look"!

Sam's hurt look reminded me of 'Bad Day at Black Rock'

Spoiler:

Plus a lost puppy look as an added bonus
                    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilandra View Post
                      i remember him back on Gilmore Girls!

sigh
                      Hi Lilandra, welcome to the thread!

Also thank you, JessM, for the icons and banners/walls, I especially took to the walls. Your animated icon wouldn't show for me.

Anyway, I just happened to watch 'Hookman' again last night. Although it's not a particularly outstanding episode, I like it quite well, definitely one of the top five or eight of the first season. Sammy really had his cute moments in it, and I really liked the sweet guest stars; even though I guess "sweet" isn't the exact right term that springs to mind when you think of the Hookman himself, but I think the guy also had his appeal.

Unfortunately, I couldn't dig up too many decent caps from this episode. I just might have to get my lazy bum into capping the ep myself.[/SPOILERS]
                      You're welcome, Twinny! I'm glad you liked them Sorry the animated icon isn't showing for you. Hmm, wonder if it's the file size. I could try and make it a bit smaller...

I agree w/you on Hookman. While it's not one of my all-time favorites, it is one of the better episodes of the first season. I really liked Sammy there and I liked his scenes with the girl in that episode (I can't remember her name right now, but she was the minister's daughter).

Love the pics! And I love your screencaps from Mystery Spot, Jenova! I agree, the poor guy so needs a hug there!

I made some more icons, one or two from Dream a Little Dream of Me, and the rest from Mystery Spot. I'll put them in spoilers just in case.

Spoiler:

I've also made a few banners/headers for the episode. Not much of a difference between them - I couldn't decide which font I liked best, lol... Again in spoiler tags:

Spoiler:

Comment

Don't worry, JessM, after rebooting my computer the animation showed for me as well. So I take it my comp just went into sleep modus before I had a look at the pics.

The new icons and banners are great again. I can't tell you how much I loved the "Broken" icon, apart from the fact that it is terribly sad, it has one of my favourite facial expressions of Sam. As for the banners, I like the font on colour of the last one best. The font colour of the first is too dark I think, and in the second too bright, too eye-catching, the last one is perfect, each colour melting into the others and supporting the banner as a whole. Thank you for making these.
                        sigpic

Comment

JessM, love your icons and headers! I have to agree with you here, Twinny (may I call you that? ), the Broken one is amazingly beautiful!
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't worry, JessM, after rebooting my computer the animation showed for me as well. So I take it my comp just went into sleep modus before I had a look at the pics.

The new icons and banners are great again. I can't tell you how much I loved the "Broken" icon, apart from the fact that it is terribly sad, it has one of my favourite facial expressions of Sam. As for the banners, I like the font on colour of the last one best. The font colour of the first is too dark I think, and in the second too bright, too eye-catching, the last one is perfect, each colour melting into the others and supporting the banner as a whole. Thank you for making these.
                            Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis View Post
                            JessM, love your icons and headers! I have to agree with you here, Twinny (may I call you that? ), the Broken one is amazingly beautiful!
                            Thanks so much, guys! I'm glad you like them. Twinny, I'm glad you were able to see the animation. I still think the file size is a bit huge so I'm going to play with it a bit.

Out of all the icons I'm most pleased with the Broken one, too. It is quite sad, though I think Sam's expression conveys it well.

I think I like the font on the last header the best too... I used an actual color from the background (in this case I believe it was Sam's jacket) and I think that worked better - made it sort of blend in more.

I should have more stuff to share soon. Plus some random pics...

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                              Thanks so much, guys! I'm glad you like them. Twinny, I'm glad you were able to see the animation. I still think the file size is a bit huge so I'm going to play with it a bit.

Out of all the icons I'm most pleased with the Broken one, too. It is quite sad, though I think Sam's expression conveys it well.

I think I like the font on the last header the best too... I used an actual color from the background (in this case I believe it was Sam's jacket) and I think that worked better - made it sort of blend in more.

I should have more stuff to share soon. Plus some random pics...
                              I'm looking foreward to it!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X