Jared Padalecki Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    like someone attacked him with a straightening iron or something, lol.
    That introduced quite the image in my head: lol
    He does look so much younger. I think one reason he looks quite a bit older now (apart from the fact that he IS older now, LOL ) is because he's bulked up a bit. I read an interview where he said he and Jensen would do a lot of weight lifting starting in S1.
    Yes, JP obviously did some serious weight lifting since the beginning of the show but I still think the change is more visible in his face. He looks a lot less like a boy any more.
    All that said - love the latest piccies you've posted! Yours too, Jenova! Please join in anytime!
    A HUGE pile of thank yous for posting the fantastic 'Malleus Maleficarum' pics, and of course feel free to step in and join the pic spamming, Jenova!
    twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
    sigpic

Comment

I hope you'll go easy on me for double posting when I bribe you with a few pics, will ya? *puts on Sammy's most adorable puppy dog eyes*

Spoiler:

twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
      sigpic

Comment

In desperate anticipation of tonight's episode I'll be as forward as risking a triple post... but all for thunk's sake.

Spoiler:

This is BTW the poster I've got framed

sigpic

Comment

Love all the pix you posted! Thanx!

Does anyone know how many episodes are left?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis View Post
            Does anyone know how many episodes are left?
            There are three episodes left, including the one tonight: 'Dream a Little Dream', 'Mystery Spot' and 'Jus-in-Bello'.

But if (and I dearly hope so) the writer's strike ends by the beginning of next week, they'll probably be able to film a couple more episodes before they call it a season, possibly two to four or five more eps, depending on how fast they are able to shoot them. Well, all things considered, I'd recommend for Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, plus the rest of the crew to speed up their beauty sleep and get ready for a long string of sleepless nights. Sorry guys, but you know we fans appreciate your hard work!
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry I haven't been here in a while - have been quite sick the past week But feeling much better today.

That said, thanks, Jenova, for all the screen caps from last week's episode, and your other piccies as well! I love smiley Jared pics... especially the ones of him with his doggies. I love a guy who loves doggies (I love them too and have a spoiled rotten doggy of my own).

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
              http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb58/TCBTwinchy/smilies/icon_roflmao.gif That introduced quite the image in my head: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...ies/whack2.gif lol
              Teehee... I guess it could, couldn't it!

Yes, JP obviously did some serious weight lifting since the beginning of the show but I still think the change is more visible in his face. He looks a lot less like a boy any more.
              Oh, I agree. He seems to have matured quite a bit and you can really see it in his face.

I hope you'll go easy on me for double posting when I bribe you with a few pics, will ya? *puts on Sammy's most adorable puppy dog eyes*
              I certainly will! Please feel free to do it all you want, if it means more gorgeous pics!! Oh, Sammy...

Since I'm feeling better I'll be making some more art - so I should have some more Sam-themed stuff done this weekend.

Comment

Some behind the scene piccies

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for keeping the thunk-boat afloat, Jenova, with those very lovely behind the scenes pics!

I'm also glad to hear you feel better, JessM! Please rest up properly before you overdo it, 'kay? It just gets worse if you don't really get rid of the bronchitis (spelling?).

Tonight my Twinchy and I watched 'Nightshifter', so enjoy a few caps from that.

Spoiler:

All caps shamelessly snurched at supernatural.tv
                  sigpic

Comment

Since I'm on major thunk-withdrawal I'll send in another set of pics to keep the thread alive. To my mind it's really kind of a shame that the Jared Padalecki Thunk thread has so few posts in comparison with the Jensen Ackles thread. Don't get me wrong, the guy is mega-thunkworthy too and I can see there are those who like the one or the other better for any reason, but I'm quite surprised by the HUGE difference between them.

And just because I couldn't resist, I snurched a few pics for 'Dream a Little Dream of Me'.
                    Spoiler:
                    Sammy looked so depressed in the first scene's screencaps. *hugs Sammy*

I wonder how depressed he's gonna look in the next ep. They are so mean to poor sweet Sammy this season; a bit more and he'll start tearing his hair out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Since I'm on major thunk-withdrawal I'll send in another set of pics to keep the thread alive. To my mind it's really kind of a shame that the Jared Padalecki Thunk thread has so few posts in comparison with the Jensen Ackles thread. Don't get me wrong, the guy is mega-thunkworthy too and I can see there are those who like the one or the other better for any reason, but I'm quite surprised by the HUGE difference between them.
                      I know what you mean. I like them both equally! Jensen is just hot, no arguing about that. Jared is hot, too, but adds a great amount of cute- and sweetness at the same time

Together we'll increase the Jared thread post count

Love teh hair!

sigpic

Comment

I know what you mean. I like them both equally! Jensen is just hot, no arguing about that. Jared is hot, too, but adds a great amount of cute- and sweetness at the same time

Together we'll increase the Jared thread post count
                        Nah, we must not forget JessM's posts! She's always doing some great artwork for the thread. But other than that, I can't agree more to be surprised that there is literally no one else around in this thread.

Yet, I don't agree fully on your opinion about Jensen Ackles. Besides the fact that "hot" always has such a "lusting after" ring to my ears, which I would rather step away from, and therefore prefer terms like "handsome" or "good looking", I think JA also has a vulnerability to himself that stands in stark contrast to Dean's outgoing and cocky behaviour.

But I'm still more fond of Sammy's often boyish perspective, his sensitivity and sweetness. You are absolutely right to say that he has a cuteness to him, and it shows in Jared Padalecki's whole demeanour when he plays the younger Winchester. Even when Sam is lashing out or behaving more brutal than expected, you can see he's doing so because he hurts so much, mentally. (And that is also the reason why EvilSammy is so darn scary when he makes an appearance!) No matter how far away he is from accepting that Dean will leave him in less than half a year, it's obvious that the deal is driving him insane, and he's getting more and more desperate every minute. And I wonder whether he comes to thinking that eventually everybody just leaves him behind, that everybody is dying because of him, like he said boozed up in 'Playthings'. This emotional turmoil and the kind of innocence he still managed to stick to through all of what happened, that's what fanscinates me so much about Sammy, and Jared Padalecki for portraying it so well.

Sorry for my lengthy post, I'll make it up with more pics...

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Nah, we must not forget JessM's posts! She's always doing some great artwork for the thread. But other than that, I can't agree more to be surprised that there is literally no one else around in this thread.

Yet, I don't agree fully on your opinion about Jensen Ackles. Besides the fact that "hot" always has such a "lusting after" ring to my ears, which I would rather step away from, and therefore prefer terms like "handsome" or "good looking", I think JA also has a vulnerability to himself that stands in stark contrast to Dean's outgoing and cocky behaviour.

But I'm still more fond of Sammy's often boyish perspective, his sensitivity and sweetness. You are absolutely right to say that he has a cuteness to him, and it shows in Jared Padalecki's whole demeanour when he plays the younger Winchester. Even when Sam is lashing out or behaving more brutal than expected, you can see he's doing so because he hurts so much, mentally. (And that is also the reason why EvilSammy is so darn scary when he makes an appearance!) No matter how far away he is from accepting that Dean will leave him in less than half a year, it's obvious that the deal is driving him insane, and he's getting more and more desperate every minute. And I wonder whether he comes to thinking that eventually everybody just leaves him behind, that everybody is dying because of him, like he said boozed up in 'Playthings'. This emotional turmoil and the kind of innocence he still managed to stick to through all of what happened, that's what fanscinates me so much about Sammy, and Jared Padalecki for portraying it so well.

Sorry for my lengthy post, I'll make it up with more pics...
                          Emo brat posted a lot at the beginning too... But she's not been around the forum a lot lately...

Well, since I don't know JA in person I can't say anything about him, just that he is definitely one of the sexiest men alive (judging the looks)
                          Dean is more a ladies man than Sam imo that's why I would refer to him as hot (since gorgous sounds a little strange when refering to a man imo) and Sam as cute/handsome. You are right, the different characters are very important, too, but as I said, since I don't know the actors I can only talk about the roles they play in this show...

And please, don't appologize for the length of your post This is a place where we can talk about stuff and if you feel you have to write 3 pages about what you think you write 3 pages And thx for the piccies!

I finally managed to cap the last episode:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Some more caps (I really loved the scene with Sam and Bela!)

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

And the last few caps

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Some behind the scene piccies

[CENTER]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3..._S2_214_06.jpg
                                Aw I'm always a sucker for behind-the-scenes piccies!! Thanks for sharing, Jenova

Thank you for keeping the thunk-boat afloat, Jenova, with those very lovely behind the scenes pics!

I'm also glad to hear you feel better, JessM! Please rest up properly before you overdo it, 'kay? It just gets worse if you don't really get rid of the bronchitis (spelling?).

Tonight my Twinchy and I watched 'Nightshifter', so enjoy a few caps from that.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...htshifter1.jpg
                                Thanks, Twinny! You are so sweet. It's been crazy - I'd go a few days thinking I was better and then just feel awful again. I had to get more medication but now I'm finally a lot better. It's about time!

I love those pics... especially the ones of him wearing the hoody early in the episode.

And just because I couldn't resist, I snurched a few pics for 'Dream a Little Dream of Me'.
                                Spoiler:

I wonder how depressed he's gonna look in the next ep. They are so mean to poor sweet Sammy this season; a bit more and he'll start tearing his hair out.
                                I know what you mean. When I first found both threads, I was pretty surprised that the Jared thread had so few posts, especially compared to the Jensen one. Don't get me wrong - I love Jensen too... I guess there just seem to be more Jensen fans within the GW community.

Anyway I'll help all I can to bring up the post count here. And I'll try to do some advertising on other threads as well (esp. the Supernatural one).

As for Dream a Little Dream of Me...

Spoiler:
                                I agree... I felt so bad for the guy in that first scene... drinking like that in the afternoon... I feel like I just want to come up to him and hug him!

Comment

Working...
                                X