Dean Winchester Whump Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
    lol.... yea... there's probably a bit good self-medicating going on with whatever they can find off the street/steal at pharmacies and booze... and Cas is their pocket Angel
    I feel bad for Cas, you know?? I mean, I feel like they use him and that bothers me.. lol..

Maybe it's just the whumper in me but sometimes I wish Cas wouldn't heal them and there was a tinge bit more whump continuity... But then again, how good could the next episode be if one of them is partially incapacitated.. right?

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Well, Cas has manipulated them, too. I don't feel too bad about them using Cas.
      sigpic
      Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
      --Angels in America

Comment

Originally posted by birthsister View Post
        Well, Cas has manipulated them, too. I don't feel too bad about them using Cas.
        True but they're always a bit self-righteous abut it.. It's kind of like, in the beginning they're the ones being manipulated and nearer the end they're the ones doing manipulating.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

karma dear... what goes around, comes around.... the Castiel/Winchester relationship is a classic, textbook example of karma with some genuine friendship thrown in in bits and pieces
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

karma dear... what goes around, comes around.... the Castiel/Winchester relationship is a classic, textbook example of karma with some genuine friendship thrown in in bits and pieces
            That's true...

Gah! How do people write Dean so well??? I applaud them, I do, and I wish they'd give me their talent cause I have this sneaky suspicion that I suck at it.. lol

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

it's all about getting into a character's head.... thinking the way they think.... when i think "what would dean do? how would dean react?" i actually "hear" dean's voice in my head.... it also helps to have SPN running in the bg while you work... basic facts: dean is a road junkie, if it's not greasy, sugary, full of preservatives, or pie, he's not interested.... dean is a hound dog, he'll tap anything as long as its attractive and of the age of consent, therefore he makes alot of innuendo.... he's a closet geek, not in the way sam is, but he does like his pop culture refences, particularly horror flick refs.... he's pretty tech saavy, even tho we really don't get to see it often on the show, most tech scenes go to sam.... he's a mechanic, and damn good one to keep Baby purring so fine.... he professes to hate kids and not know what to do with them, but he cherishes the innocence that kids have and will do anything to protect it, his way of balancing for the childhood he and sam never got to have.... if it's not human, he prefers to kill it; it physically pains him to let monsters walk, ie Linora the veg vamp, Crowley, Meg.... he doesn't trust easily, but once he does, you're family

eh, there's probably more i could tell you to help your dean voice, but i can't think of anything else right nao....
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                it's all about getting into a character's head.... thinking the way they think.... when i think "what would dean do? how would dean react?" i actually "hear" dean's voice in my head.... it also helps to have SPN running in the bg while you work... basic facts: dean is a road junkie, if it's not greasy, sugary, full of preservatives, or pie, he's not interested.... dean is a hound dog, he'll tap anything as long as its attractive and of the age of consent, therefore he makes alot of innuendo.... he's a closet geek, not in the way sam is, but he does like his pop culture refences, particularly horror flick refs.... he's pretty tech saavy, even tho we really don't get to see it often on the show, most tech scenes go to sam.... he's a mechanic, and damn good one to keep Baby purring so fine.... he professes to hate kids and not know what to do with them, but he cherishes the innocence that kids have and will do anything to protect it, his way of balancing for the childhood he and sam never got to have.... if it's not human, he prefers to kill it; it physically pains him to let monsters walk, ie Linora the veg vamp, Crowley, Meg.... he doesn't trust easily, but once he does, you're family

eh, there's probably more i could tell you to help your dean voice, but i can't think of anything else right nao....
                Wow, thanks! That does help. Although, with your summary it makes me wonder why we all love him so much

sigpic
                Coming January 2017

Comment

eh... it's what i do... i study human nature as a hobby i love him b/c 1.) he's so pretty, esp when covered in blood, 2.) he's broody, tho he won't admit it, and 3.) he knows how to kill stuff i always go after the killers
                  sigpic

Comment

eh... it's what i do... i study human nature as a hobby i love him b/c 1.) he's so pretty, esp when covered in blood, 2.) he's broody, tho he won't admit it, and 3.) he knows how to kill stuff i always go after the killers
                    I like those things too but I also like that he does care; just in his own way. He tries not to do both (care and show it) but he does.

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                      I like those things too but I also like that he does care; just in his own way. He tries not to do both (care and show it) but he does.
                      like i said, broody... he puts on a mask around ppl, but once he's all alone, or it's just Sam, he drinks and broods and guilts over stuff he possibly couldn't have prevented in the first place.... god, i love broody guys x3
                      sigpic

Comment

like i said, broody... he puts on a mask around ppl, but once he's all alone, or it's just Sam, he drinks and broods and guilts over stuff he possibly couldn't have prevented in the first place.... god, i love broody guys x3
                        There is a certain something about broody guys, that's for sure.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

I have to disagree about Dean not liking kids. He probably hadn't given it much thought until he met the kid in Dead in the Water, but then it turns out he's a natural with them. Maybe because he's a big kid himself. He genuinely liked Ben, and in the end it's Dean who wants to settle down and have a family, not Sam, although Dean is able to recognize how unreasonable a want that is, and mourns the loss.

He doesn't want to settle down anymore, but wants to BE ABLE to settle down. He knows that even if he were given the opportunity now, he'd never be able to make it work. The road is under his skin, like any other junkie with a drug, and Lisa had the foresight to tell him that as long as Sam as out there, he'd never be happy at 'home'.

I think it's important not to just look at a person's characteristics, but to understand how they got there. Yes, Dean is a horndog, but he made the comment once (I think in the ep with Adam) that they can never get ahead, and have to fight like hell just to hold onto what they got. If that's his life, then he takes his few joys when they come his way...a pretty girl, a good meal, and strong liquor. It's subsistence living because there's no room for anything else in his life, but a guy's got to have SOMETHING, so wine women and song is it.
                          sigpic
                          Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
                          --Angels in America

Comment

I have to disagree about Dean not liking kids. He probably hadn't given it much thought until he met the kid in Dead in the Water, but then it turns out he's a natural with them. Maybe because he's a big kid himself. He genuinely liked Ben, and in the end it's Dean who wants to settle down and have a family, not Sam, although Dean is able to recognize how unreasonable a want that is, and mourns the loss.
                            i didn't say he genually doesn't like kids, but that he'll say that he's not good with them, doesn't like them, ect... he's *****ing natural when it comes to kids, and it's really b/c of sam... i mean he practically raised baby bro by himself... he's gonna try to distance himself from "civilians" just so they don't get hurt by association... like what happened with lisa and ben....

I think it's important not to just look at a person's characteristics, but to understand how they got there. Yes, Dean is a horndog, but he made the comment once (I think in the ep with Adam) that they can never get ahead, and have to fight like hell just to hold onto what they got. If that's his life, then he takes his few joys when they come his way...a pretty girl, a good meal, and strong liquor. It's subsistence living because there's no room for anything else in his life, but a guy's got to have SOMETHING, so wine women and song is it.
                            he says as much when they faced Famine... sam asked why he wasn't "hungry" for anything, and dean said he's pretty much satisfied with what he already has... that he doesn't starve himself of what he really wants/craves... if he wants something, he goes out and gets it.... but really it was more of he was hungry for domesticity, which was hunger Famine didn't really know how to exploit and feed off of....
                            sigpic

Comment

i didn't say he genually doesn't like kids, but that he'll say that he's not good with them, doesn't like them, ect... he's *****ing natural when it comes to kids, and it's really b/c of sam... i mean he practically raised baby bro by himself... he's gonna try to distance himself from "civilians" just so they don't get hurt by association... like what happened with lisa and ben....
                              I almost cried for him when he found out that they'd been taken and what he did to their memories so they wouldn't know who he was.. Poor guy! He finally finds a bit of happiness then he can't have it anymore..

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                                I almost cried for him when he found out that they'd been taken and what he did to their memories so they wouldn't know who he was.. Poor guy! He finally finds a bit of happiness then he can't have it anymore..
                                [color=indigo]oh i know! it was completely heartbreaking![/olor]
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X