Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Indeed. Better safe than sorry is always my policy.

I think what bugged me about that post is that it wasn't an oversight and the post actually had nothing to do with a thunk thread - there were no pictures posted and the information given wasn't a continuation of or in relation to a discussion going on in the thread. It was just someone running in here shouting "I know something you don't!!" and slapping down information that, if you stop and think for even a minute, is obviously going to be something that would spoil the plot for anyone who hasn't seen that episode.

I'd like to put it down to a case of over-enthusiasm rather than any real malicious intent...
    guess i just didn't want to assume they were doing it to be mean or anything

but yeah you're right it should have been in spoilers
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      (((hugs))) thank you, cause i really am never sure and i'm a bit gun shy about making people angry with me at the moment.

see i wouldn't have thought the da thing a spoile cause the show is old but what you say makes perfect sense ((hugs))
      You're welcome And remember, "if in doubt, spoiler"

Comment

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

i think it was the information itself that made it spoilery, if he'd/she'd just said that jensen turned up in season 1 it wouldn't have given much away

Comment

Comment

Where's the pic of him with a girly towel on his head from?

Madeleine

Comment

Uh, I think it's from "Bugs" - season 1

Comment

Yes its bugs, when he's using the steam shower in the empty house

Comment

that was so funny, when he wants to try the shower n so cute

Comment

"Cute" is not the word I'd use... *daydreams*

Comment

TOMORROW IS THURSDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Spoiler:

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by firefly827347
                          Yeah, but a spoiler is still a spoiler

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Alipeeps
                          And it wasn't something posted by accident or that slipped out without realising - it was "Hey, look! Here's some major plot details in case you didn't already know them!"
                          [
                          Originally posted by Parisindy
                          agreed i just get excited sometimes and forget and sometimes its not always obvious what is a spoiler and what isn't... dark angel isn't a new show so at what point does a show quit needing spoilers? (honest question, cause this has always confused me) I really don't know. should i be putting spoilers on all season 2 and 1 supernatural picks? cause i know a lot of people that have seen neither.

I just think i would hate for you guys to get mad at me if i did something without meaning to is all
                          Guys, I am sorry. It wasnt like what I have highlighted above. I seriously didnt mean to do it like that. The spoilers thing didnt work and I didnt realize cause I had to go and shut down the page without looking at the post. I'm really sorry.

As for what Parisindy said, so true! DA is over 5 years old already! You all have had five years to see whatever you want. I didnt do anything wrong saying what I did.

Dont be sad, Pluto, I'm not a planet either.

Comment

Originally posted by FlaniganFan View Post
                            Guys, I am sorry. It wasnt like what I have highlighted above. I seriously didnt mean to do it like that. The spoilers thing didnt work and I didnt realize cause I had to go and shut down the page without looking at the post. I'm really sorry.

As for what Parisindy said, so true! DA is over 5 years old already! You all have had five years to see whatever you want. I didnt do anything wrong saying what I did.
                            I'm sure you didn't intentionally mean to spoil things for people, but the fact remains that a) the sole purpose of your post was to say "Hey, look, here's some plot information!" - it wasn't part of a discussion about plots etc (and this isn't a discussion post, it's a thunk post) and it wasn't e.g. related to a picture posted - and b) if you'd read through the thread at all before posting (as you are actually supposed to do under GW rules) you would have seen several people mentioning that they hadn't yet seen DA and were planning to.

Regardless of whether the series falls under GW spoiler rules or not, the general rule of thumb for polite posting is "better safe than sorry", especially regarding MAJOR plot details.
                            sigpic

Comment

Also, if you're on GW to talk about Stargate, you pretty much know whether you're gonna be reading spoilers depending on the thread you're in.
                              If you're on GW to thunk however - no matter who it is - you shouldn't have to expect to read spoiler info.

Comment

guy's he's still relatively a noobie, give him a break, he knows for next time now

Comment

Working...
                                X