Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge # 79

This week we are going Tropical to celebrate it officially being summer, at least in the northern hemisphere. I want to see ocean, sand, sun and palm trees!

Entries due to me by noon your time, Monday June 29th.
    sigpic

Comment

Great entries!

O.T.:
      Spoiler:
      I really wanted to make more for that challenge and I had me an idea (yesterday afternoon!) but I ran into a problem with my laptop. My battery is...I dunno what it is. I can't turn my laptop on unless I plug it in first and then it holds steady at 1% even though it states that it is "plugged in and charging". It's not really charging. And I checked the functionality of the battery and it says "battery is functioning normally". I really need Rodney. I'm afraid I'll need to buy a new battery but they cost $129.

I was all set to get crackin' on my idea until I noticed this battery issue while Googling pictures for said idea.

So, I tried setting up my sister's old dell laptop that she gave me last year and I managed to get it connected to the internet (my xfinity wifi internet) but when I tried to log onto the internet none of the browsers she has worked. Ugh! I could click on them but nothing happens. No spinny wheel, nothing. I can't get anything to work on it. I was so hoping to have it as a back up in case I have to bring this laptop in...which I still might...at some point...when I have some extra cash. As if that isn't enough I am still dealing with this crappy intermittent internet connection. Comes and goes. Really annoying!
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Why? Why is it that every time I come here I have to log in now? I have never had to log in before. Why now???
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Mrscopterdoc's little Lemming helper is out and about - here to present to you Art Challenge #80

Lemming-gif courtesy by Nolamom

She told me I could pick a topic or use her back-up should I fall short on finding something exiting to have you guys/girls play around with. And it is with pride that I announce I found a topic or a theme which you can build your artwork on: stamps! I'm a bit of a philatelist so there...

It's summer (or winter depending what hemisphere you're in but it's summer where I'm at and it's hot too for once) and that means holidays. Over here you can create your own personal stamps to put on letters and the likes, so create your own personal stamp. You can put anything on that takes your fancy - make it artsy or keep it simple. Whichever way you want to go... and if you feel it should be sticking to a postcard or a letter - then by all means make it so.

It goes without saying that you don't actually have to keep the size of an actual stamp, but make it a little bigger so we can all see what's on it (in grand detail).
          I know not everyone uses photoshop but I'm sure this tutorial on how to create an easy stamp could be used in any program (should you require some assistance on the how-to's).

Entries are due Monday the 6th! - Don't forget to PM your entry to FALCON HORUS instead of Mrscopterdoc as I will be the one to present your designs to the public on monday evening. Should you wish to know what time zone I'm in --> GMT +1 <-- and I generally post late so you have a lot of time!

Thank you for your time and off you go, be creative! Make me proud!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In challenge # 79 we went tropical!!

Raduzhok

~~~~~~~~~

FanGirl

http://i.imgur.com/QCwzDiI.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

copter

Taris-eirien

~~~~~~~~~~

blencathra

~~~~~~~~~~

RodneyisGodney

~~~~~~~~

A huge thank you to Falcon Horus for hosting the challenge for me this week!
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'm trying this tut in PS2 even though I hardly know how to use it...mainly use Gimp.

I am stuck on this part though...
              With the Rectangle Tool draw a white shape like in the image, call it Photo Frame Layer. Select the two layers and with the Move Tool selected press Align Vertical Center and Align Horizontal Centers so that you center the two layers. Merge the two layers and call the new layer, Stamp Layer.
              I am very confused as to how do draw the white shape. In the image the shape is behind the image but when I try to do that the white shape is in front of my image. The instruction here does not say how the white shape gets behind the image. I am confuzzeled!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                I am very confused as to how do draw the white shape. In the image the shape is behind the image but when I try to do that the white shape is in front of my image. The instruction here does not say how the white shape gets behind the image. I am confuzzeled!
                The shape behind the image, the rectangle, should be on a different layer. So, your starting image is on a layer (if it's locked, which shows with a lock, just double click to unlock), and the rectangle behind it needs to be on a second layer, which you then drag below it in the layer-tab.

The layer-tab looks like this, or similar since I use PS6:

As you can see I have three layers, with the bottom one locked to show you what a locked layer looks like. And where the rectangle should be in the layer-order.

I hope that clears it up. If it doesn't, just PM me and I'll be glad to assist some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  The shape behind the image, the rectangle, should be on a different layer. So, your starting image is on a layer (if it's locked, which shows with a lock, just double click to unlock), and the rectangle behind it needs to be on a second layer, which you then drag below it in the layer-tab.

The layer-tab looks like this, or similar since I use PS6:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...psjex6vjoh.jpg
                  As you can see I have three layers, with the bottom one locked to show you what a locked layer looks like. And where the rectangle should be in the layer-order.

I hope that clears it up. If it doesn't, just PM me and I'll be glad to assist some more.
                  I think you actually did clear it up. Thanks!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Challenge #81

This week for the challenge, Girls just wanna have fun! Feature your favorite female musician, singer, band, artist, or actress in your art or fan fic!

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday, July 13th.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Big thank you to Falcon Horus for hosting last week's challenge! She should be posting the entries for that later today.
                      ~~~~~
                      sigpic

Comment

Stamp challenge: I collected no stamps so none to post. So challenge neutralized, and onwords with the new one. (unless you were in the process of finishing your stamp - you may still send it in)

Comment

Stamp Collection
                          It seems we have at least one entry after all. A belated one... by a GW-newbie, who is still not able to send PM's since they have to go through probation first. Anyhow, here be the entry and it's a marvelous one if I may say so, quite the collection:

Ohalis

The Letters from Pegasus collection was originally proposed by Dr. Sokol, President of the Atlantis Philatelic Society. Shortly after the project was shelved, being deemed completely impractical by the rest of the expedition, as well as less zealous members of the society. Upon Atlantis' return to Earth, the plans were discovered hidden among the numerous items in storage.

Now available for the first time to the general public, this special collector's item commemorates individuals who helped shape Atlantis as we know it today.

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't make a stamp.

Reason #1) Since I'm so new the PS I get lost rather easily when following PS tuts. I didn't think I could covert the tut for Gimp which I am way more familiar with so I didn't make a stamp. Since I have never made a stamp before I had no clue what kinds of images would work best but after seeing Ohalis' AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL entry I want to give the tut another go. Think I'll go with a pic of Rodney since he is missing from the set up there. He "helped to shape Atlantis as we know it" too. But I understand why he is MIA.

Reason#2) I have gone through the Atlantis stargate on a fanfic reading mission.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

^Hey RIG! I don't think you have to apologize for having a life.

I'd go crazy trying to follow a tut in GIMP. Every time I see an instruction as " load something to alpha" my brain breaks down. It's like trying to make a complete speech in a new foreign language. It's doable, of course, but it requires time and patience. A lot of these.

The stamps are remarkable.
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                                ^Hey RIG! I don't think you have to apologize for having a life.
                                Thank you.

I'd go crazy trying to follow a tut in GIMP. Every time I see an instruction as " load something to alpha" my brain breaks down. It's like trying to make a complete speech in a new foreign language. It's doable, of course, but it requires time and patience. A lot of these.
                                You and me both!

The stamps are remarkable.
                                That they are.

Ooh, how about a pic of Jensen from SDCC 2015...

sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X