• Time
  • Show
Clear All

And part thirteen

Spoiler:

Enjoy
    sigpic

Comment

Oh hi. My name's Grace and I've been MIA because of reasons.

Quick update about me:
      Spoiler:

Been working and doing my thing. Life's good, a bit busy, but good. Hospital work is never boring, and my night shift has been loads of fun.

*shameless self promo* I did write a SPN fic if anyone is interested, not Dean related. *shame on Grace* But it's Naomi's death at the end of season 8. Link to my fanfic page in my sig, and it's the one at the top of the list.

Season 10?:
      Spoiler:
      Don't have a tv, so I've got to watch it online the next day
      Demon Dean was really hard to watch (It's just a car, Sam. *sniffle*), and I'm glad they've finally fixed him though. Still curious what they're going to be doing with dying Cas. And I really like Hannah, which means they'll likely kill her off, right? *grumble*

Comment

hey Grace! good to hear from you.

RL/ SPN season 10 spoiler
        Spoiler:
        I'm on the same boat as you do, I have to watch the episodes the next day. Unlike you, I did enjoy demon Dean. I don't know: there is something liberating about a character who goes about doing whatever he feels like. Although Dean was behaving like a psychopath, he never seemed to attack anyone that wasn't rotten to the core. The baby part was hard to watch: just a car? It sounded soulless. As for Hannah, yeah, I think she is headed the way of the dodo. All interesting females in SPN are.

Your fic is on my to-read list. Unfortunately that's a mile long! But I'll get to it.

@copter

Dracula art is considered spooky? I watched Dracula Retold this weekend and I'm finishing a piece...but it's not exactly spooky.
        Last edited by JadedWraith; 27 October 2014, 10:37 AM. Reason: grammar issues
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          Jensen certainly doesn't like it. Tweeted that Deanmon needs a haircut, and that if it gets any longer he's gonna start growing moose antlers (with no offense to Jared).
          I've been staying off Twitter to avoid spoilers, so I didn't see that.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            hey Grace! good to hear from you.

RL/ SPN season 10 spoiler
            Spoiler:
            I'm on the same boat as you do, I have to watch the episodes the next day. Unlike you, I did enjoy demon Dean. I don't know: there is something liberating about a character who goes about doing whatever he feels like it. Although Dean was behaving like a psychopath, he never seemed to attack anyone that wasn't rotten to the core. The baby part was hard to watch: just a car? It sounded soulless. As for Hannah, yeah, I think she is headed the way of the dodo. All interesting females in SPN do.

Your fic is on my to-read list. Unfortunately that's a mile long! But I'll get to it.

@copter

Dracula art is considered spooky? I watched Dracula Retold this weekend and I'm finishing a piece...but it's not exactly spooky.
            Of course! Anything monster-ish or actually anything you want counts!!
            sigpic

Comment

Hey Guys!

I am extending the spooky/scary/Halloween challenge until Thursday, noon your time. On Halloween [Friday Oct 31st] I will post all the scary/spooky/Halloween art! So send me your entries!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Aw, leave it to me to miss Grace when she pokes her head in here!... Hey Grace!

Originally posted by Little Creek View Post
                I've been staying off Twitter to avoid spoilers, so I didn't see that.
                I usually check out right after a new episode airs. I tried to be on Twitter while watching a new episode but I just wound up missing bits and pieces of the episode... so I don't so that anymore. I thought that particular tweet was funny...most of his tweets are hilarious though.

On a sad note...his grandmother died recently. I saw it on FB the other day. Someone posted about her funeral being the day before a convention? (there was a convention this past weekend in Chicago) and that Jensen still attended the con.

Also, YAY on extending the challenge! I came down with...something...not sure what (a cold maybe) and haven't been feeling well so I didn't post (or send, sorry copter) the last piece I made right before getting sick.

Well, here it is...

...hate those flying monkeys.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

JENSEN SINGING AT CHICON!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

Love it! Can never have too many videos of Jensen singing.

Comment

Hi guys loving all the art and spoiler pics as usual.

I have a question. A few weeks ago Jensen did an interview for SFX about spn, not the fashion layout in Bazaar, accompanied by a stunning pic. I bought what's thought was the issue with that interview. It's the September 2014 issue but the article is not in this issue. How many issues of this mag can there be for one month. It's a great mag with good articles but no Jensen. Anyone know what the number on the Jensen mag might be. The issue I bought has Dr Who on the cover, an article on Fecelia Day, and is number#251.

I've looked but in all the online infor about that article none include details about the magazine itself.

Otoh I'm loving season ten so far...I'm so addicted I could watch it without the sound. They look so darn good, and hey! At least they're talking!

Comment

Hello everyone Copter has a full plate today and she asked me to post today's Halloween Art Challenge entries. She will post the new challenge Mon so you get the weekend off

JW

Blen

RiG

Rad

Copter

DG

Next Challenge will be posted Mon (just a reminder)
                        sigpic

Comment

@Rad that was super creepy!*shudders* I really love the blending of the different elements.

@copter oh minions...even zombies, I love them. Oh and spiders. I don't love them but that one is sooooo cute.

@DG Great pieces. The Dracula one came out beautifully, much better than mine. Did you watch the movie?
                          Last edited by JadedWraith; 31 October 2014, 09:22 AM. Reason: grammar
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Little Creek View Post
                            Love it! Can never have too many videos of Jensen singing.
                            Damn skippy!!!

@carry on,dean: Wish I could help you.

Love all the entries!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
                            Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 31 October 2014, 05:46 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Hi Guys!! Hope everyone that celebrates Halloween had a great one yesterday! Big thanks to Dragongirl for helping me out and posting the challenge entries, I had to bail out last minute and she was right there to help me!

I have a lot of things to say this time, but I will try and keep this as short as I can.....

First, I am posting the challenge early so you have an extra day or two this time to work on it. This week, we're going to do a little bit of housekeeping. I know every single one of you [me included] has a project they are working on, or have started, and never finished, or possibly could never get started. This week your challenge is TO FINISH IT! If you are that rare person who does not have an unfinished or un-started project lingering, then make something wonderful you've always wanted to try and show it off! If that still fails to inspire you, make something with a moustache for Movember.

Entries are due to me Monday noon your time November 10th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since it is Nov 1st, it is time to start thinking about the holidays. For the past 3 years, we have done a Secret Santa. I would love to do it again this year. Secret Santa works like this:

You will receive an assignment based on what you like and what you are comfortable making. There will be a sign up sheet where you list your thunks/fandoms, what you want and what you can make. You will receive someone to make gifts for based on mutual likes and dislikes.

Assignments are handed out right around the end of November/Thanksgiving so you have plenty of time to work on them. I usually collect them around the 15th-20th of December so I can hand them out before Christmas.

What you make depends on who you get, but a minimum of 2 pieces of art is required. This can mean an avi and matching sig. For fan fic, this means 2 drabbles [500 words or less each] OR one longer one at least 1500 words or more. If you want to make more, please do! But limit of ten please. This is all secret, so no telling who you got!

If you are interested in secret santa, please let me know. But please note that when the actual time to sign up comes, do not sign up unless you are 100% sure you can make something for someone. It is not nice to bail out. Someone will be working hard to make something nice for you, and then when you bail, the person you were assigned is left with nothing. Not nice!
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last year, we also did an advent calendar, and it was a huge hit. Here is how the advent calendar works:

Sign up for one, two or three days in December that you want to do art. The theme is Christmas or Holiday. You may use any thunk, any fandom or any ship as long as it is Christmasy or Holidayish. It must also include the number of the day you signed up for. {if you sign up for Dec. 4th, it must have a number "4" on the art somewhere.} I also need the artwork 2 days before your day. So if you pick the 4th, I would need it on the 2nd.

If you are interested in doing the advent calendar, please let me know.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the long post, lots of info!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
                              sigpic

Comment

OMG! I CAN'T EVEN...

EDIT: BOWLEGS!!!

Count me in for both copter.
                                Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 01 November 2014, 12:44 PM. Reason: Edited because of BOWLEGS!!!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X