No announcement yet.

Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I may, in the previous pic...that's Jensen?! whose dog, and what's he drinking, where was it taken?? but the bow is somehow adorable ; the pup, too cute, and the sunglasses!!! so now I'm a dumbstruck puddle.

Negative space is, for example, the spaces between the legs of a chair...or even the space between the bow of legs on anyone we might know, it can be a tricky concept. It is an idea to free the artists imagination to look at things differently and lessen the restrictions of traditional drawing skills. Good luck! can't wait to see the results.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      I have no idea...but I just love that one. Oh, and I loved your gun entries!
      Thank you.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
      I think if maybe Jensen's head was smaller so there was more 'space' it would work. I don't have great examples but maybe something like:

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...s/sheppy1.jpeg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...s/daredean.jpg
      You are absolutely right. I knew that icon wasn't a perfect example but it was a step in the right direction.

The way I learned about negative space on an art site was to have more 'space' than art. But then again, the challenges are open and flexible and meant to be what *you* think, not what *I* think.
      I learned all about Neg Space in art classes/courses in school/college. But, sadly, that was years ago so I need a refresher. "More space then art" is a great way of putting it. Really helps me.

Originally posted by carry on,dean View Post
      If I may, in the previous pic...that's Jensen?! whose dog, and what's he drinking, where was it taken?? but the bow is somehow adorable ; the pup, too cute, and the sunglasses!!! so now I'm a dumbstruck puddle.
      Yep, Jensen. Gen's dog, don't know what he's drinkin' and it was taken on the Men of Letters bunker set. Bow? What bow? The only "bow" I see is his bowleg... And the pic is from the S9 gagreel.

Negative space is, for example, the spaces between the legs of a chair...or even the space between the bow of legs on anyone we might know, it can be a tricky concept. It is an idea to free the artists imagination to look at things differently and lessen the restrictions of traditional drawing skills. Good luck! can't wait to see the results.
      Thanks for the lesson.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Thanks for the pic info Rodney.

The "bow" I was referring to was the legs. I have the DVD of season nine but haven't seen it yet.

Negative space , to me, is a difficult concept, being a traditionalist. I attended a four year art school in Manhatten nearly half a century ago. What you all do leaves me in awe. I love it...trying to understand, to do what you all do one needs to buy and instal a program, correct? I love seeing your results. I need to go back to school...someday.

Comment

I love it...trying to understand, to do what you all do one needs to buy and instal a program, correct? I love seeing your results. I need to go back to school...someday.
          No, you do not need to buy anything. I use Gimp, and it is totally free. Look here.

I love seeing everyone's version of concept such as negative space
          sigpic

Comment

No, you do not need to buy anything. I use Gimp, and it is totally free. Look here.

I always thought of downloading that one too but I'm always afraid it will somehow conflict with what I already have ( my lappies are always temperamental )

Wait until you see my concept of close up
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

DOWNLOAD IT!!!

Thanks for the pic info Rodney.
              Anytime.

The "bow" I was referring to was the legs.
              Thought so. It is adorable.

I have the DVD of season nine but haven't seen it yet.
              What are you waiting for???

Negative space , to me, is a difficult concept, being a traditionalist. I attended a four year art school in Manhatten nearly half a century ago. What you all do leaves me in awe. I love it...trying to understand, to do what you all do one needs to buy and instal a program, correct? I love seeing your results. I need to go back to school...someday.
              I didn't go to art school but I did major in Graphic Design, but, yeah, I don't remember much from the classes I took. I did take computer graphics classes though, and in one of them we had those Classroom In A Book books for Adobe Photoshop 5.0...I believe. Man, I wish I still had that book.

EDIT: I DO STILL HAVE THE BOOK!!!

No, you do not need to buy anything. I use Gimp, and it is totally free. [URL="http://www.gimp.org/"] Look here.
              Gimp is awesome! Free and awesome! And, you can customize your Gimp's theme. Mine is dark grey and I love it! My artwork stands out so much better against that dark background.

So do I!
              Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 24 September 2014, 08:41 AM.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Wow! Thanks. Hubby says I can download gimp on the dell windows eight. Better than my lil iPad. I'll figure it out.
                Went to Barnes and Noble for the Sept issue of SFX but it's too late but October has Sam and Dean or the J2's with a column by Carver, pp72-73. They're gorgeously adorable in the full page pic.

While there I spotted Funko Dolls Sam and Dean and decided I needed another birthday present, it's only right as I'm an avid doll collector, they don't all need to be fancy laced porcelain. Even got this weeks TV Guid with a small article on a shoot. I think they'll be featured in next weeks TV Guide now I can't remember where I saw that.

One more thing then I'll shut up, the vids from the NJ con are showing up and I think the Dallas con too, they're great,and I'm grateful to a point,but the screaming makes my ears bleed. I would pay for a video done right...like that's ever gonna happen, they only on YouTube by people who were there?

Is there a cure for the Acklesaddict...any hope?

Comment

Wow! Thanks. Hubby says I can download gimp on the dell windows eight. Better than my lil iPad. I'll figure it out.
                  YAY! Yeah, the iPad is not good for Gimp as you would need a mouse. Unless it could work with a stylus?

Went to Barnes and Noble for the Sept issue of SFX but it's too late but October has Sam and Dean or the J2's with a column by Carver, pp72-73. They're gorgeously adorable in the full page pic.
                  My B&N doesn't carry SFX, I keep checking.

While there I spotted Funko Dolls Sam and Dean and decided I needed another birthday present, it's only right as I'm an avid doll collector, they don't all need to be fancy laced porcelain.
                  My B&N doesn't have those either.

Even got this weeks TV Guide with a small article on a shoot. I think they'll be featured in next weeks TV Guide now I can't remember where I saw that.
                  I have this weeks TV Guide too. I saw a pic of next weeks tv guide yesterday on Twitter. Will be getting that too.

One more thing then I'll shut up, the vids from the NJ con are showing up and I think the Dallas con too, they're great,and I'm grateful to a point,but the screaming makes my ears bleed. I would pay for a video done right...like that's ever gonna happen, they only on YouTube by people who were there?
                  OHMYGOD, I know right? I know our fellow fans love them but...DAMN they are loud! Not good for the ears when wearing headphones I tell ya.

If there is I don't want it!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

While there I spotted Funko Dolls Sam and Dean and decided I needed another birthday present, it's only right as I'm an avid doll collector, they don't all need to be fancy laced porcelain. Even got this weeks TV Guid with a small article on a shoot. I think they'll be featured in next weeks TV Guide now I can't remember where I saw that.

Blasphemy..who needs a cure. I love Funko pop. I already have two dolls ( non SPN). I want Castiel too.

I think, and I can only judge from the end results, GIMP is pretty awesome. The only feature that GIMP doesn't have (yet!) is selective colouring but, honestly, you can do very well without it. I don't use it that much and only to make small adjustments which you can mimic with other features. No big loss there.
                    For me, it is quite therapeutic to mess with images. Puts your mind on a Zen state and I guess I need that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Long time no see peeps! Just stopping by to say a quick hello.
                      sigpic

Comment

Indeed! Good to hear from you and great pic!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                          Blasphemy..who needs a cure. I love Funko pop. I already have two dolls ( non SPN). I want Castiel too.
                          My mother wants Castiel too! I want Dean, Sam, and Charlie. Also, Bobby, if he exists.

I think, and I can only judge from the end results, GIMP is pretty awesome. The only feature that GIMP doesn't have (yet!) is selective colouring but, honestly, you can do very well without it. I don't use it that much and only to make small adjustments which you can mimic with other features. No big loss there.
                          For me, it is quite therapeutic to mess with images. Puts your mind on a Zen state and I guess I need that.
                          Gimp also does not have the magic eraser tool. That's the only thing I use in PS atm. It's how I remove the background in a pic of, say, Jensen when I don't feel like erasing normally in Gimp. That takes some time, and lots of zooming in to get all the tight little spaces.

@Freckles: Good to see ya! Love the pic!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

RiG, did you know there is a sequel to the book Robopocalypse? The new book is called Robogenesis. It's just as good if not better.
                            sigpic

Comment

RiG, did you know there is a sequel to the book Robopocalypse? The new book is called Robogenesis. It's just as good if not better.
                              I..Yeah, I know. I never got to finish reading Robopocalypse before I had to return it to the library...and it was overdue. I read Robogenesis eventually. God, I can't believe you remembered that!!! Coincidentally I made my own cover for the book for a challenge over in the AFA thread a year to two ago. If I can find it I'll post it, yeah?
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

If anyone is interested I found a site with HUGE pics of Jensen...right here!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X