Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    I'm not dissing it RIG, I am trying to understand the colour scheme.
    I know. I have trouble understanding why people use certain images in a sig. And by that I mean stock photos. Like, a clock. I have trouble getting it, why is there a clock in a sig that has nothing whatsoever to do with time. It just confounds me to no end.

Perhaps I am just too used to reading more into pics (or more specifically, the quote you used) than I should
    Perhaps.

Originally posted by Little Creek View Post
    My first thought was of the Impala too! Interesting colours. I like it.
    Thank you.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      I know. I have trouble understanding why people use certain images in a sig. And by that I mean stock photos. Like, a clock. I have trouble getting it, why is there a clock in a sig that has nothing whatsoever to do with time. It just confounds me to no end.
      That's probably because you look at "imagery" like most artists
      I'm trying to understand your imagery in that pic.

It's probably just me, but I don't see that pic as being representative of that quote, probably because I use words as a medium to explain my idea's rather than images, because I SUCK at making them

If I were to pick an image for that quote, I would be more thinking of the boys singing "dead or alive", because *to me* the quote speaks more to their brotherhood, but includes the Impala. If I were angling for just their relationship, it would be something like the Christmas ep when they buy stuff from the local gas station as presents for each other.

At any rate, it is a great pic
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think you are right.

Did ya read the challenge?

It's probably just me, but I don't see that pic as being representative of that quote, probably because I use words as a medium to explain my idea's rather than images, because I SUCK at making them

If I were to pick an image for that quote, I would be more thinking of the boys singing "dead or alive", because *to me* the quote speaks more to their brotherhood, but includes the Impala. If I were angling for just their relationship, it would be something like the Christmas ep when they buy stuff from the local gas station as presents for each other.

The challenge is "inanimate objects", it's not about people. Initially I was going for a darker color scheme...like black with the text in white but, well, it went another way. Perhaps I'll make another one as I love that quote. It's my favorite of all of Chuck's lines in Swan Song.

Yes, it certainly is.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Thank you.

There is nothing wrong with your "suit" entry. I love the colors in it!
          Well, Blue is my favourite colour, too, you know that. It's hard to explain but something about just didn't do it for me. sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't.

Anywho, here is my better-late-than-never final "suit" entry...
          http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps60e41fc7.jpg

Now, onto the object challenge...

Aww love it! I wanted to do a multiple suit image in a sig but I just didn't have the time/inspiration to properly do it.

Alrighty, here is entry numero uno...

The Impala.
          http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps0f40c6d0.jpg
          Love it! I thought about the Impala but I thought you or copter ( will she have the time?) would tackle it. And I was right!

Hmmmm..............

I am not getting the colour scheme there RIG. Is it just a choice, or did you choose them for another reason?
          Really? I think it gives it a vintage look. I love it. And BTW, I am using a vintagy colouring as well in my entries ( I chose it before I saw your entry, RiG, I swear!) you're not going to get my entries as well.

I have the same trouble with people's imagery, although I do add clocks and dials to my pieces for no reason except I love them dearly ( I have do own many clocks, I am time obsessed ).

That particular quote refers to the Impala as their home, so it is, in my modest opinion, spot on.

Again, it's a question of perception and there is no right or wrong in that. Just mt two cents.

Oh and I'm probably doing the TARDIS but I have no problem if someone else uses it, too. I am using other subjects, as well.
          sigpic
          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            Really? I think it gives it a vintage look. I love it. And BTW, I am using a vintagy colouring as well in my entries ( I chose it before I saw your entry, RiG, I swear!) you're not going to get my entries as well.
            Ahhh....
            Ok.
            I see the colouration in my sig (which RIG also kindly made for me) as "vintage", the addition of bright colours seems off to me.
            Again, I must stress that I am not being Critical, but Critiquing it, there is a difference.

That particular quote refers to the Impala as their home, so it is, in my modest opinion, spot on.
            Yes it does, but where is the notion of HOME in the pic and colours?
            The boys asleep in baby would be more telling would it not?

Again, it's a question of perception and there is no right or wrong in that. Just mt two cents.
            For sure, I agree.
            Just don't mistake my questioning of RIG's choices as an attempt to find flaw with the finished work. I carry my RIG made sig with pride as she *made* what I saw and had to deal with my written description of it.
            sigpic

Comment

Ahhh....
              Ok.
              I see the colouration in my sig (which RIG also kindly made for me) as "vintage", the addition of bright colours seems off to me.
              Maybe is the settings of my screen but I don't perceive them as "bright colours". And some vintage pieces, depending on the period they're portraying, do have "bright colours".

Again, I must stress that I am not being Critical, but Critiquing it, there is a difference.
              There is no problem in expression an opinion. Being Critical is not negative. This is a discussion forum, after all.

Yes it does, but where is the notion of HOME in the pic and colours?
              The boys asleep in baby would be more telling would it not?
              I agree but the challenge does not allow the use of people ( noticeable) so RiG had to use the Impala on its own.
              For sure, I agree.
              Just don't mistake my questioning of RIG's choices as an attempt to find flaw with the finished work. I carry my RIG made sig with pride as she *made* what I saw and had to deal with my written description of it.
              I love RiG's work and she knows it, too. I was just saying that my vision of the subject is very similar to hers, in this particular case.

And you're most welcome to express an opinion concerning my work or someone else's. I did not see what you wrote as "an attack" or something similar. I was just giving my opinion on the subject, as well.
              People always walk on eggs shells on these matters and they shouldn' have to.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe is the settings of my screen but I don't perceive them as "bright colours". And some vintage pieces, depending on the period they're portraying, do have "bright colours".
                Possibly it's my settings, But I see a lot of bright greens and yellows

There is no problem in expression an opinion. Being Critical is not negative. This is a discussion forum, after all.
                A point that is oft missed

I agree but the challenge does not allow the use of people ( noticeable) so RiG had to use the Impala on its own.
                I interpreted it as having the object being the focus, not that people were not allowed, but I could be wrong.
                I dunno, but seeing the boys asleep -in the Impala- with her arms (sidewalls) wrapped around them is just as much an expression of home for the quote.
                Perhaps my dissonance is not with the pic, but with the quote itself?

I love RiG's work and she knows it, too. I was just saying that my vision of the subject is very similar to hers, in this particular case.
                Cool beans

And you're most welcome to express an opinion concerning my work or someone else's. I did not see what you wrote as "an attack" or something similar. I was just giving my opinion on the subject, as well.
                People always walk on eggs shells on these matters and they shouldn' have to.
                I think we are conditioned to be careful on the net these days
                sigpic

Comment

Possibly it's my settings, But I see a lot of bright greens and yellows
                  I perceive more muted colours. I blame it on old age.

A point that is oft missed
                  yeah, I've had that experience, too.

I interpreted it as having the object being the focus, not that people were not allowed, but I could be wrong.
                  I dunno, but seeing the boys asleep -in the Impala- with her arms (sidewalls) wrapped around them is just as much an expression of home for the quote.
                  Perhaps my dissonance is not with the pic, but with the quote itself?
                  I think that interpretation is correct but, to be truthful, any hint of Dean and he would become the whole focus of the piece for me. I am biased about him.

Impalas are not common cars here so when I see one, I immediately think of the[Winchester] boys. So, in my mind, there isn't such a dissonance.

Cool beans

I think we are conditioned to be careful on the net these days
                  Yep, we are. But you're always "allowed" to express an opinion in this particular thread. No worries, here.
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, way to much to quote here. Suffice it to say you guys said all that needed to be said on the subject of my Impala sig (Talk about a conversation piece!), and I thank you for that. There is nothing more I need to add. I will, however, reiterate that opinions are welcome here.

Gatefan, yes, I understand you were just critiquing...not being critical. You were just trying to understand my art. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Jaded, blue is my favorite color too. And, I too have experienced it not working in my art. No matter how much I want it too. And, also, thank you for your comments on my suit entry.

My favorite Dean shirt...

sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Well, if it triggers a discussion, that's really good art, IMO!

To be honest, RiG, it was more than the colour that didn't work. I can always re-work it, I think.

Yay for the favourite shirt!

On the subject of strange elements added, I guess, sometimes, they make sense in my crazy head. I wake up with a vison of a certain monument combined with e.g. lamps and clocks and they just add up in my head. No reasonable explanation for using them. Don't you experience something similar with some other types of visual elements?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, if it triggers a discussion, that's really good art, IMO!
                        I quite agree.

To be honest, RiG, it was more than the colour that didn't work. I can always re-work it, I think.
                        Ah. I stand corrected. I know you can rework it.

Yay for the favourite shirt!
                        YAY!

On the subject of strange elements added, I guess, sometimes, they make sense in my crazy head. I wake up with a vison of a certain monument combined with e.g. lamps and clocks and they just add up in my head. No reasonable explanation for using them. Don't you experience something similar with some other types of visual elements?
                        Yes, as a matter of fact I do. I just...can't think of an example atm.

I will look at something, say, a towel draped over the towel rack in my bathroom and I will see an image created by the folds/wrinkles in the towel. Same goes for the brush strokes in a painting, or shadows in the trees at night.

I have a print of this Monet painting:

...Water Lilies, in my bedroom and when I look at it I see a dog's face in the clouds. And I see it as plain as day. I think I see these things with my Artist Eye. Or maybe it's just my right brain.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

I love this!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Nice pics, RiG. I see your Impala sig triggered quite the discussion!

Did Jensen really look like that at some point??

Hey, don't know if anyone's seen this yet. A season 10 poster! Click the link - http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/09/02...ster-released/

Comment

Originally posted by Little Creek View Post
                              Nice pics, RiG. I see your Impala sig triggered quite the discussion!
                              Why, yes it has!

Did Jensen really look like that at some point??
                              Yep. He sure did!

Hey, don't know if anyone's seen this yet. A season 10 poster! Click the link - http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/09/02...ster-released/
                              I saw it earlier tonight on Supernatural's IMDb page. I love it!
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Damn, my gif did not work
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X