No announcement yet.

Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Challenge #39 was all about the "stars"....Stargate, Star Trek and Star Wars.

Libero

taris-eirien

RodneyisGodney

JadedWraith

Falcon Horus

I love how you combined all 3 into 1 ~copter

FanGirl
    fanfic
    Spoiler:

The Little Red-Haired Girl

The fireman carried the child to the ambulance so she could be checked out by the paramedics, the older man following close behind. The girl was covered in soot head to toe. So much so that one couldn’t tell the color of her clothing. One shoe was missing and her big green eyes blinked in the brightness of the sun in the sky above Stalingrad, her skinny arms around his neck holding on for dear life.

When the paramedic tried to put her down, she cried and held on tighter, tears making tracks in the dirt on her face. Ivan didn’t blame her. She’d just seen her parents killed in a fire that had burned their home to the ground. The girl herself had been the only survivor due to his actions. Dr. Ivan Petrovitch, a behavioral psychologist, just happened to be driving by when he saw the house ablaze. Unfortunately, he hadn’t been able to save the parents.

The child, no more than seven, shivered as the paramedics placed an oxygen mask over her mouth and nose, and wrapped her in a warm blanket. The female paramedic placed her on the stretcher, strapped her down, cleaned the dirt from her left hand and inserted an IV.

“Will she be alright?” Ivan was concerned when the girl began coughing. The male paramedic examined him as well, and he bore the man’s attention with quiet dignity and grace instead of the annoyance he felt for those he considered his inferiors.

“She’ll be in hospital for a few days, but will be fine.”

Ivan climbed up into the ambulance for the ride to the hospital. “She has no other family. Where will she go?”

“The orphanage, and hopefully from there she will be adopted.”

On the drive to the hospital, Ivan talked quietly with the child, Natalia Romanova. She would be a perfect addition to his newest project with the government.

Over the next few days, Ivan kept in contact with the hospital to get updates on Natalia’s condition. He even visited once, but she hadn’t spoken, just stared despondently out the window. The day she was released, he had been in a conference with the doctors with whom he would work on the project. They already had close to twenty subjects, but there was just something about Natalia that told him she would be his greatest triumph.

When the weekend came, Ivan took the long drive out to the orphanage, spoke with the doctors and administrators, filled out the necessary forms and then was taken to the play yard. There, among the other children laughing and playing, little Natalia sat alone under a tree. Some of the children tried to get her to join them in a game, but she just shook her head and went back to watching the clouds.

“There she is.” Ivan nodded.

The administrator took off his glasses, cleaned and replaced them. “Which one again? We have so many new children just arrived this week.”

“There. Under the tree.” He tried to smile kindly, and it must have worked because the man smiled back. “The little red-haired girl.”

Now that he’d pointed out her most prominent feature, the man nodded. He spoke briefly with one of the women watching over the children. She went to the girl and led her to them. “Hello, Natalia. I am Dr. Utkin and this is Dr. Petrovitch.”

Natalia looked up at Ivan with those big green, innocent eyes. He crouched down in front of the girl. “Hello, Natalia. I’m your new father and you’re going to come live with me.”

The only response from Natalia was to take his hand. He got to his feet and they walked to his car together. One of the matrons had already packed the girl’s meager belongings, most of which had been donated to the orphanage, and included a stuffed bear. She clutched it to her chest as she settled into the back seat. Ivan would let her keep it for now, but later, it would be taken from her as there was no place for the display of sentimentality and weakness in the Black Widow project. Such things would be replaced with more important matters, if his life’s work was to come to fruition.

Over his shoulder he said, “We’ll be there soon, Natalia, and you’ll meet the other children with whom you will be living. Would you like that?”

After a long moment, Natalia spoke for the first time. “Yes, Father.”

everlovin

sigpic

Comment

I'll just...leave this here.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
        I love that grin!

Comment

I'll repost this here if you don't mind

Yay for inspiration. Mine is really running low ( in AFA and in here:/)

@Libero awesome Sheppie/gate piece.

@taris-eirien Those Shep wallies are awesome. I love the colours, especially on the second one. I really, really love them.

@RiG The Colouring and the softness you add to your pieces always impresses me. Well done.

@ Falcon Horus

I love the warm colouring and the creativity of combining the three.

@FG Hello young Nat! (bookmarked for reading carefully later!)

@Everlovin

Who needs GIMP orPS? Allmy favourite ships! Way for guinan and Mara Jade ( my screen name actually originated from Mara Jade. Then I turned into Jaded...)
          sigpic
          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post

@RiG The Colouring and the softness you add to your pieces always impresses me. Well done.
            Thank you.

Who needs GIMP orPS? Allmy favourite ships! Way for guinan and Mara Jade ( my screen name actually originated from Mara Jade. Then I turned into Jaded...)
            I like your screen name.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Forgot to quote you.

Originally posted by Little Creek View Post
              I love that grin!
              I do too, it's so damn cute!!!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Okay, just something that occurred to me the other day...

...the demon curing ritual might not have been originally intended for Crowley. The PTB might have already had Demon Dean in mind back in season 8 when they wrote the S8 episode Clip Show wherein Dean and Sam discover the ritual to cure a Demon.

...what do you guys think? Think TPTB were thinking that far ahead? I totally off the mark here?
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                  Okay, just something that occurred to me the other day...

...the demon curing ritual might not have been originally intended for Crowley. The PTB might have already had Demon Dean in mind back in season 8 when they wrote the S8 episode Clip Show wherein Dean and Sam discover the ritual to cure a Demon.

...what do you guys think? Think TPTB were thinking that far ahead? I totally off the mark here?
                  I was just discussing this with my SPN watching buddies last night!

Comment

I was just discussing this with my SPN watching buddies last night!
                    Good to know I'm not the only one thinking this.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

RiG, I love your sig!

Comment

Copter is out of town (she will return home Sun) She wanted me to let everyone know that the challenge is for any and all bad @$$ females it doesn't have to only be comic/superhero women. It can be women from anything, any tv show, movie, or comic.
                        sigpic

Comment

RiG, I love your sig!
                          Thank you.

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                          Copter is out of town (she will return home Sun) She wanted me to let everyone know that the challenge is for any and all bad @$$ females it doesn't have to only be comic/superhero women. It can be women from anything, any tv show, movie, or comic.
                          Thanks for the heads up dg.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Okay, I have a challenge entry...

sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Ahh, the Buffster, definitely a kick arse woman
                              (and it looks great RIG)
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Ahh, the Buffster, definitely a kick arse woman
                                (and it looks great RIG)
                                Thank you. She kicked a-lot of arse in her time.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X