No announcement yet.

Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost a bit nervous for the musical episode....is that weird?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      So does Mrs GF
      Cool!

Originally posted by Little Creek View Post
      Wow, that'll be interesting to see!
      It will be that.

Originally posted by Grace View Post
      I'm almost a bit nervous for the musical episode....is that weird?
      Not weird at all. I'm a bit nervous too. Perhaps my opinion of the episode will change once we learn more about it.
      sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Sorry to be the only grumpy here but I'm not exactly thrilled about it. It could end up being a very cool episode...or a complete disaster.There is such a thin line between the two. It has nothing to do with Jensen or Jared's vocal talent, mind you. Music has certainly an important role in the series but I think I'd prefer it in the background, setting the mood, than moving the action forward. I don't know if I am able to explain myself.
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Anyone here remember a show called "Cop Rock"?aired several years ago. It was a typical cop show like Blue Bloods, L&O, ect. It was done very well...like Rent. There were a few continuining story lines mixed with week to week stuff and it was all intertwined with what I thought great were vocals.

Otoh I thought JA,although he can sing, said at a con, no way,no how. I'm up for it. Could be fun. Not sure if Cop Rock was dubbed, don't remember. When I say it was like Rent I mean gritty, not like The Sound of Music.

Aside, I saw JA on YouTube interviewed about directing and Demon Dean...I think I'm in love.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
            Sorry to be the only grumpy here but I'm not exactly thrilled about it. It could end up being a very cool episode...or a complete disaster.
            That's not grumpy gus talking, that's an actual real concern. If Buffy took itself 100% serious all the time, OMWF would never have worked. The Demon worked great, because of who they hired, but if the main cast did not throw themselves into it as they did, I would look back at Buffy' dance off at the end with a smirk and a groan. (same as I would have if the totally muffed the Dracula episode by trying to be to "OMFG ITS REAL!!!")
            I have faith J&J&M will actually either just get into it, or ham it up enough as they did in "changing channels" to make it work.
            SPN has (IMHO) earned the right to have a few stupid episodes, and even some full on duds on occasion (yeah, I am looking at S9 VERY HARD when I say that).
            There is such a thin line between the two. It has nothing to do with Jensen or Jared's vocal talent, mind you. Music has certainly an important role in the series but I think I'd prefer it in the background, setting the mood, than moving the action forward. I don't know if I am able to explain myself.
            I get what you are saying, like if you heard "carry on my wayward son" every ep (now I am gazing at S1 ) it just seems to feel flat or fake. I actually feel the quality of music choice for the background has really suffered after S5, but that is probably a cost cutting issue more than anything else, so I am forced to forgive it to an extent.

Lets just hope that the songs are rocking, well picked and suit SPN. I mean, Highway to Hell for Dean would be awesome right now, and perhaps Living on a prayer would work well for Sam.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

well it's one of those things we have to wait and watch it first, judge later.
              sigpic

Comment

well it's one of those things we have to wait and watch it first, judge later.
                Agreed. I also stand by my statement that maybe the more I hear/learn about it he more I'll warm up to it. I mean, I've been wanting Jensen to sing again on the show for soooooo long but for this musical-ish episode to work (for me) it has to be really well written with a believable story line/explanation for why there will/may be singing. Oh, and there would have to be some kind of relevance to the songs that will/may be sung. Do they move the story along? Are they singing their feelings/thoughts? That sort of thing. If it all gels properly than we'll be in for a real treat! Which is what we are all hoping for.

...wow, I said much more than I had originally planned to.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Sorry to be the only grumpy here but I'm not exactly thrilled about it. It could end up being a very cool episode...or a complete disaster.There is such a thin line between the two.
                  I agree. I'm hoping it'll be a good episode, and hopefully we'll get to hear the boys singing and it'll be amazing. But yeah, it could be a complete disaster. I agree with RiG - it'll need to make sense, the storyline and the reason behind the singing, and also songs that fit with the plot/characters. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Comment

I agree. I'm hoping it'll be a good episode, and hopefully we'll get to hear the boys singing and it'll be amazing. But yeah, it could be a complete disaster. I agree with RiG - it'll need to make sense, the storyline and the reason behind the singing, and also songs that fit with the plot/characters. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
                    It'll be interesting to see how they do it!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

OMG! Just watched the live stream of NerdHQ with Jensen, Jared, Misha and Mark and it as AWESOME!!!

Oh, and for Grace, a picture Danneel took of Jensen on his way to NerdHQ...

sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

And...

...BECAUSE JENSEN'S LAUGH IS IMPORTANT.
                        (found on twitter)
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

Did anyone see the sneak peak for season 10, episode 3, that they showed at Comic Con? It's on YouTube.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                          It'll be interesting to see how they do it!
                          Exactly.

And...

...BECAUSE JENSEN'S LAUGH IS IMPORTANT.
                          (found on twitter)
                          I love this!

Comment

Agreed. I also stand by my statement that maybe the more I hear/learn about it he more I'll warm up to it. I mean, I've been wanting Jensen to sing again on the show for soooooo long but for this musical-ish episode to work (for me) it has to be really well written with a believable story line/explanation for why there will/may be singing. Oh, and there would have to be some kind of relevance to the songs that will/may be sung. Do they move the story along? Are they singing their feelings/thoughts? That sort of thing. If it all gels properly than we'll be in for a real treat! Which is what we are all hoping for.

...wow, I said much more than I had originally planned to.
                            You said it perfectly!

Oh I always worry. I can't help it
                            sigpic

Comment

So, I found Jensen's Comic Con t-shirt (the one he wore to the con) on line and it sold out within minutes of me tweeting the link.

Did anyone see the sneak peak for season 10, episode 3, that they showed at Comic Con? It's on YouTube.
                              Not yet! But, I did just get my copy of the TV Guide Comic Con special with our boys on the cover. I'm gonna go read it in few.

Exactly.
                              *nods head*

I love this!
                              Me too!

You said it perfectly!
                              It happens once in a while.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Hello Everybody,

I am running a little late with the art challenge today. I am going to post the new challenge first, and then I will be back to post the results from last weeks challenge. Thanks for your patience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge #40

To celebrate all the super hero/comic book movies that are coming out this summer, this weeks challenge is all about Bad A$$ Ladies, specifically comic book/super heroes/sidekicks/villains.

There are SO many to choose from, here is just a tiny list:
                                Heroes: Kitty Pryde (X-Men), Kate Bishop (Hawkeye), Supergirl, Batgirl, Storm (X-Men), Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, Wonder Woman, Black Canary

Villians; Harley Quinn (Batman), Poison Ivy (Batman), Mystique (X-Men), Catwoman (Batman), Viper aka Madame Hydra, Enchantress (Avengers/Thor), Star Sapphire (Green Lantern)

Groups: Birds of Prey, Avengers, Young Avengers, Justice League, Teen Titans, Fantastic Four, X-Men, X-Force

and there are so many more I didn't list. Movies can count as well, such as Trinity from The Matrix.

There is no need to ask "is so-and-so okay for this challenge".....if *you* think she is bad a$$ then that is all that matters!!

All I do ask is that you please include her name somewhere on the art so those who are not familiar with the bad a$$ lady of your choice can know who she is.

Fan Fic writers......write about your fave bad a$$ lady!!

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday August 4th.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X