Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
    for AFA, it seems kinda obvious, but i was thinking Mulan... i mean there's that whole song "when will my reflextion show who i am inside" with a pic of girl!Mulan from the beginning of the movie mirrored by a pic of soldier!Mulan

for the three fonts challenge, i was thinking something Rory Williams related... centurion!Rory with the tag "the last centurion" with times new roman, rage italic, and maybe something blocky and mitilarlistic for font #3
    Those are lovely. Are you sure you can't make them? I thought of Mulan as well: I love that character and the song.I tried (with another character) something similar but I couldn't find two pics who effectively could mirror each other (the face or the body were off). The Rory idea is fantastic.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

not in time for the challenge... i mean it's already wednesday... i've been sitting on this idea since friday when the challenge was announced and i haven't even started.... i might be able to do the Rory one this weekend if we're not busy at work, but no guarantees
      I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
        not in time for the challenge... i mean it's already wednesday... i've been sitting on this idea since friday when the challenge was announced and i haven't even started.... i might be able to do the Rory one this weekend if we're not busy at work, but no guarantees
        I like both of them. let's hope Rory at least shows up.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Little Creek View Post
          I love some Purgatory Dean! And that texture/background is cool.
          thanks

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          I don't know what you had in mind when you started but I like it. The background fits the theme, I like how Dean is blended. And what fonts are those? They're sweet!

It is, isn't it? No chance of a tut, Copter?
          I don't really remember, I would have to scroll through and try to remember but I know "Dean" is the font 'impact'.

It took over an hour of futzing so there is no way I could do a good tut. I could list the textures I used and a rough idea. Remind me again and I'll try to do it tonight. Off to a meeting and lunch today.
          sigpic

Comment

I think I just have artist's block this time around. Tried to find a flannel Dean/Jensen pic but wasn't finding quite the right one. See, I haven't done much Dean/Jensen art lately and wanted to amend that but...guess I'll have to go with my newest thunk. We'll see.

Great sig coptor! Love the "Purgatory" font.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
              thanks

I don't really remember, I would have to scroll through and try to remember but I know "Dean" is the font 'impact'.

It took over an hour of futzing so there is no way I could do a good tut. I could list the textures I used and a rough idea. Remind me again and I'll try to do it tonight. Off to a meeting and lunch today.
              If you could do even a lousy one, I'd appreciate it. Bear in mind I have a different software and duplicating results is never linear.

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
              I think I just have artist's block this time around. Tried to find a flannel Dean/Jensen pic but wasn't finding quite the right one. See, I haven't done much Dean/Jensen art lately and wanted to amend that but...guess I'll have to go with my newest thunk. We'll see.

Great sig coptor! Love the "Purgatory" font.
              Yeah, I have these ideas and then I can never find the pics I have in mind. I love the Purgatory one and I'm using Impact in one of my entries. If I were you, RiG I wouldn't fight the muses...
              sigpic

Comment

So here is a very very rough tutorial for my purgatory sig that I threw together

I used this texture and another one that I do not have a link for [sorry!] as my base. I futzed around with it, the placement and all that and adjusted the brightness/contrast until it was basically black and white and gray.

The picture of Dean I erased until I got just him and lightened and sharpened and desaturated. Then I did the 3 fonts. Then over the background and the fonts but not the Dean layer, I did a yellow and a blue layer on hard light and overlay. The exact colors I do not remember, sorry.

Then I adjusted the curves and sharpness some more, and then did graussian blur with softlight. and then brightened and sharpened some more.

Sorry, I do not take notes and I don't save my work-in-progress. It sucks because if I do something great, I never remember *how* I did it. But it's mostly all luck and futzing. The picture of Dean was so dark and so hard to work with, plus Gimp doesn't have selective coloring, so any coloring for me is so hard to get right. I can try to answer more detailed questions if you need it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                  So here is a very very rough tutorial for my purgatory sig that I threw together

I used this texture and another one that I do not have a link for [sorry!] as my base. I futzed around with it, the placement and all that and adjusted the brightness/contrast until it was basically black and white and gray.

The picture of Dean I erased until I got just him and lightened and sharpened and desaturated. Then I did the 3 fonts. Then over the background and the fonts but not the Dean layer, I did a yellow and a blue layer on hard light and overlay. The exact colors I do not remember, sorry.

Then I adjusted the curves and sharpness some more, and then did graussian blur with softlight. and then brightened and sharpened some more.

Sorry, I do not take notes and I don't save my work-in-progress. It sucks because if I do something great, I never remember *how* I did it. But it's mostly all luck and futzing. The picture of Dean was so dark and so hard to work with, plus Gimp doesn't have selective coloring, so any coloring for me is so hard to get right. I can try to answer more detailed questions if you need it.
                  Thank you, mam.That least gives me some ideas. I keep my psd files as backups, because I susually forget how I did things. One day, I accidentally merged layers and saved and I was never able to reproduce the effect i had.

Well, I'm posting my entries just to make sure they're suitable for the challenge...

Behind the character

and Three fonts

For those who don't know the series Luther BBC
                  sigpic

Comment

Great sigs you got there JW.

Yeah, I have these ideas and then I can never find the pics I have in mind. I love the Purgatory one and I'm using Impact in one of my entries. If I were you, RiG I wouldn't fight the muses...
                    Oh, I'm not. No, actually, I'm running with Lil's Mulan bunny atm. Hope nobody minds...
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

great sigs JW!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I had no idea what I was doing in both them....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                          Great sigs you got there JW.

Oh, I'm not. No, actually, I'm running with Lil's Mulan bunny atm. Hope nobody minds...
                          That is a gorgeous idea. I hope you find the right pics.And thanks.
                          sigpic

Comment

That is a gorgeous idea. I hope you find the right pics.And thanks.
                            I hope I found the right pics too. *crosses fingers*

And, you're welcome.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Okay, here's my go at Lil's Mulan bunny...

sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

Nice art! I made some Impala stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X