No announcement yet.

Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn! I forgot to PM my entry to you Coptor. My Jurassic LARP sig. Shucks!

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
    well, RiG, cardioversion is not nice but it's effective. My mother didn't feel a thing.
    Oh, yeah, I know.

My mother is back home and doing well. No cardioversion needed. She's on a new medication to keep her blood from clotting. She has to be careful she doesn't get hurt, cut herself...she'll bleed a lot more than we would. Specially head wounds.

Originally posted by Freckles View Post
    I reallllly wish I had enough money and resources to go to all the cons. This is from TorCon this past weekend.
    http://i.imgur.com/hReR6zx.jpg
    I wish the same for me. To be that lucky. Saw this pic on FB...LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
    {{HUGS}} RiG. Hope your mom is feeling better. Not much is worse than realizing your parents are mortal.
    Thank you. Yes, she is feeling better and is back home. And, yes, nothing worse than realizing that.

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
    i can't even afford to go to the one in my own back yard... srsly... what's the point of living so close to Dragon*Con if i can't afford to attend atleast once....
    I know, right? Last year there were two cons near me, each was in a neighboring state - really not a long drive at all.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

One of my favorite pics from this past weekend's Torcon...

sigpic
      Sig by ME.

Comment

Hello gang, I'm sorry for my absence. My grandma passed away and its been a really rough time since then. Hoping things get back to a sort of normal this week.
        Thanks for your thoughts and prayers through twitter and fb. Love you all.

RiG, hope your mom is on to a speedy recovery.

I didn't see the new episode...my brothers and I are working through season 8, since they haven't seen it. We were expecting to be done by the 8th...but things happened. Hopefully soon though. We are on ep 14.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          Thank you. Yes, she is feeling better and is back home. And, yes, nothing worse than realizing that.
          The only thing I could think of that could be worse--something happening to your kids. Glad mom is doing better. Love the pics!

Originally posted by Grace View Post
          Hello gang, I'm sorry for my absence. My grandma passed away and its been a really rough time since then. Hoping things get back to a sort of normal this week.

I didn't see the new episode...my brothers and I are working through season 8, since they haven't seen it. We were expecting to be done by the 8th...but things happened. Hopefully soon though. We are on ep 14.
          {{HUGS}} Grace. Seems lots of those are needed this week.
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I know, right? Last year there were two cons near me, each was in a neighboring state - really not a long drive at all.
            if only... it only takes me 20mins to drive to the Sheraton Hotel where registration is, and that's only b/c of traffic once i get off the motorway....

sorry to here about your Grams, Grace (((hugs))) may she rest in peace
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

Darn! I forgot to PM my entry to you Coptor. My Jurassic LARP sig. Shucks!
              Yeah, I noticed. But there are amazing entries.

Oh, yeah, I know.

My mother is back home and doing well. No cardioversion needed. She's on a new medication to keep her blood from clotting. She has to be careful she doesn't get hurt, cut herself...she'll bleed a lot more than we would. Specially head wounds.
              Some form of warfarin. My parents are on it and they have a PhD on controlling the dosage.

I wish the same for me. To be that lucky. Saw this pic on FB...LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!

I know, right? Last year there were two cons near me, each was in a neighboring state - really not a long drive at all.[/QUOTE]

You guys are truly lucky. There is nothing like that on these parts. The nearest would be Spain and that would be a 400 km plus drive.

One of my favorite pics from this past weekend's Torcon...

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nauys6.jpg[
              Those are gorgeous.

I didn't know about that Grace. I'm so sorry. I lost my grandma many years ago and it still hurts. My condolences.
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Grace - hugs and condolences on your loss.
                sigpic

Comment

Hey guys just a reminder about the challenge you are only supposed to use the 5 pics listed, nothing else. I love the stuff you have made, but the challenge is to only use those 5. Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey, it's what we do. Gad to see you here.

Thank you. She's doing well.

There's plenty of time to see it... You just get to it when you get to it. And remember, good things come to those who wait.

The only thing I could think of that could be worse--something happening to your kids. Glad mom is doing better. Love the pics!
                    Yes, that could be worse...if you had kids. I have a nephew and nieces and I don;t know what I'd so if something happened to one of them.

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                    if only... it only takes me 20mins to drive to the Sheraton Hotel where registration is, and that's only b/c of traffic once i get off the motorway....
                    Wow!

Yeah, I noticed. But there are amazing entries.
                    Yes, there are. I feel like an asshat for forgetting to say that earlier. I meant to!

Some form of warfarin. My parents are on it and they have a PhD on controlling the dosage.
                    She is on Xarelto...I've seen the ads on tv for it.

You guys are truly lucky. There is nothing like that on these parts. The nearest would be Spain and that would be a 400 km plus drive.
                    Just because they are close doesn't mean we can go to them. Money is kind of an issue for me in that I don't have anywhere in the neighborhood of enough to afford tickets...for all the events you need tickets for including admission.

Those are gorgeous.
                    Trying to get them as my phone's wp. We'll see if it works. Might not.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Hey, it's what we do. Gad to see you here.

Thank you. She's doing well.

There's plenty of time to see it... You just get to it when you get to it. And remember, good things come to those who wait.

Yes, that could be worse...if you had kids. I have a nephew and nieces and I don;t know what I'd so if something happened to one of them.

Wow!

Yes, there are. I feel like an asshat for forgetting to say that earlier. I meant to!

She is on Xarelto...I've seen the ads on tv for it.

Just because they are close doesn't mean we can go to them. Money is kind of an issue for me in that I don't have anywhere in the neighborhood of enough to afford tickets...for all the events you need tickets for including admission.
                      And there's that as well. Distance means hotel plus travel money on top of admission and events... As for money, google search the minimum wage for Portugal and the average wage ( which will be near the minimum), convert to dollars and then we'll talk. I once discussed my wage with an american friend and he said that's not bad. Then i said: it's my monthly wage, it's not weekly. And there was a long silence from the other side...

It's not that you guys are swimming in money, that's not what I am saying: it's such different levels of living we can not compare.
                      Last edited by JadedWraith; 16 October 2013, 05:26 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jadedwraith View Post
                        and there's that as well. Distance means hotel plus travel money on top of admission and events... As for money, google search the minimum wage for portugal and the average wage ( which will be near the minimum), convert to dollars and then we'll talk. i once discussed my wage with an american friend and he said that's not bad. Then i said: It's my monthly wage, it's not weekly. And there was a long silence from the other side...

It's not that you guys are swimming in money, that's not what i am saying: It's such different levels of living we can not compare.
                        Spoiler:
                        A lot is relative, too. Where we are moving to has a rather high median household income; however, everything else (especially home buying) is much more expensive. Where we are now is cheaper, but the wages are lower, too. Not that we're super-rich or super-poor--we're certainly doing better than in the old days when I would get "carried away" and want a bag of store-bought cookies, then get embarrassed at check-out because I had to put them back because I couldn't afford them. It's just that it is all relative, and some people are so broke they can't pay attention, which sucks. Been there, done that--couldn't afford the t-shirt. Where we're moving to, there will be cons less than an hour away; doesn't mean I'll be able to afford them or will even want to have them qualify as my only "vacation" that year (assuming we can afford to get a vacation).

Just Googled the minimum wage and yeah, sounds about where we were at one point in our lives. Don't know how we paid rent. We ate because our parents sent us care boxes and we were able to get on a government program that provided the basics--milk, cheese, cereal, and we bought day-old bread for half price. Overall cost of living does look to suck pretty badly there, though, JW.

Back to a more topical post:

sigpic
                        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Spoiler:
                          A lot is relative, too. Where we are moving to has a rather high median household income; however, everything else (especially home buying) is much more expensive. Where we are now is cheaper, but the wages are lower, too. Not that we're super-rich or super-poor--we're certainly doing better than in the old days when I would get "carried away" and want a bag of store-bought cookies, then get embarrassed at check-out because I had to put them back because I couldn't afford them. It's just that it is all relative, and some people are so broke they can't pay attention, which sucks. Been there, done that--couldn't afford the t-shirt. Where we're moving to, there will be cons less than an hour away; doesn't mean I'll be able to afford them or will even want to have them qualify as my only "vacation" that year (assuming we can afford to get a vacation).

Just Googled the minimum wage and yeah, sounds about where we were at one point in our lives. Don't know how we paid rent. We ate because our parents sent us care boxes and we were able to get on a government program that provided the basics--milk, cheese, cereal, and we bought day-old bread for half price. Overall cost of living does look to suck pretty badly there, though, JW.

Back to a more topical post:

]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm204/whytewytch/Jensen%20Ackles/jensen-ackles_zpsd59f786f.jpg
                          We do have a bright side: we still have a national health system, slow, with many issues but if you get sick, you may get treatment without worrying about insurance. They're trying to change that, though.

sigpic

Comment

We do have a bright side: we still have a national health system, slow, with many issues but if you get sick, you may get treatment without worrying about insurance. They're trying to change that, though.

Yeah, I'm sure you've heard about the fiasco here with trying to get national insurance. I will not comment further, lest this become a political discussion.

Help me doctor! I need mouth-to-mouth!

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure you've heard about the fiasco here with trying to get national insurance. I will not comment further, lest this become a political discussion.
                              I heard of it, and no, no comment. I've seen people unfriend each other on FB over it. I don't need that.

That's all the medical atention I require
                              sigpic

Comment

I heard of it, and no, no comment. I've seen people unfriend each other on FB over it. I don't need that.

That's all the medical atention I require
                                Exactly. Times 2.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X