Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my laptop!
    Spoiler:
    I got it yesterday after work... Please don't hate me coptor, it's not a Toshiba. Because Best Buy didn't have the one I was looking to buy and after shopping around I decided on a Dell because I liked that one too. But, afterwords I couldn't get that Toshiba out of my head...had trouble going to sleep last night! And then this morning at work I couldn't concentrate because I was still thinking about the Toshiba. I debated, hemmed and hawed over what to do. Do I return the Dell and order the Toshiba? Or do I just keep the Dell. I had decided to return the Dell today.

Jason, my supernice salesguy, went over everything with me and after telling him what I'd be using the laptop for he informed that the Toshiba was too much machine for my meager needs and that the Dell was the better choice. He didn't want to sell me a computer that I didn't need. The Dell cost less than the Toshiba which was also a factor in my decision to keep my dell. My laptop is sooooooo nice, it has a switchable lid...it's black now but soon it will be my favorite color, blue. I can now play my SPN DVD's on my new computer, something I have not been able to do on my desktop. And, I played a really cool game on my laptop last night, one of those hidden picture games. I think I'm hooked on those games. It came with a lot of games which surprised me.

I'm using my desktop now because I need a router in order to access my internet. But soon!

@sis: Oh, I don't cap per say, I just...snurch the caps that I need. And I don't mind snurching those Dean/Tessa kiss caps and throwing them your way. Oh, and when ever you need a certain cap (or caps) please feel free to let me know as I love hunting them down. Seriously happy to do it!
    Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; 05 March 2012, 01:49 PM.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      I got my laptop!
      Spoiler:
      I got it yesterday after work... Please don't hate me coptor, it's not a Toshiba. Because Best Buy didn't have the one I was looking to buy and after shopping around I decided on a Dell because I liked that one too. But, afterwords I couldn't get that Toshiba out of my head...had trouble going to sleep last night! And then this morning at work I couldn't concentrate because I was still thinking about the Toshiba. I debated, hemmed and hawed over what to do. Do I return the Dell and order the Toshiba? Or do I just keep the Dell. I had decided to return the Dell today.

Jason, my supernice salesguy, went over everything with me and after telling him what I'd be using the laptop for he informed that the Toshiba was too much machine for my meager needs and that the Dell was the better choice. He didn't want to sell me a computer that I didn't need. The Dell cost less than the Toshiba which was also a factor in my decision to keep my dell. My laptop is sooooooo nice, it has a switchable lid...it's black now but soon it will be my favorite color, blue. I can now play my SPN DVD's on my new computer, something I have not been able to do on my desktop. And, I played a really cool game on my laptop last night, one of those hidden picture games. I think I'm hooked on those games. It came with a lot of games which surprised me.

I'm using my desktop now because I need a router in order to access my internet. But soon!

@sis: Oh, I don't cap per say, I just...snurch the caps that I need. And I don't mind snurching those Dean/Tessa kiss caps and throwing them your way. Oh, and when ever you need a certain cap (or caps) please feel free to let me know as I love hunting them down. Seriously happy to do it!
      Yay for the new laptop!!!
      Spoiler:
      and I totally understand. I did fail to mention that I have the top of the line Toshiba since I am a gamer. Unless you play high end games, you do not need the laptop I have. Dell is excellent, we have a Dell desktop that I love. I am just glad you got one, and that you are happy!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
        Yay for the new laptop!!!
        YAY!

Spoiler:
        and I totally understand.
        Whew!

Spoiler:
        I did fail to mention that I have the top of the line Toshiba since I am a gamer. Unless you play high end games, you do not need the laptop I have.
        Spoiler:
        You did and that's okay. And, no, I'm not a gamer. I'm not Sheldon Cooper.

Spoiler:
        Dell is excellent, we have a Dell desktop that I love. I am just glad you got one, and that you are happy!
        Spoiler:
        Thank you! My desktop, which I failed to mention, is a Dell too and I love it too. In nine years I've only had one problem with it. Now though...those drive trays...which I know is a fairly easy fix (or just replace them altogether), easy but not cheap. Other htan that my desktop works fine...if a little slow..at times.

Now, to change my sig...

One of my favorite Jensen smiles...

sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

YAY for the new laptop! I still have my old Macbook, planned on getting a new one this year but I'm not sure now because the repairs on my car were so expensive

I hope you have a lot of fun with your new machine! It's always great to have a "fresh" one
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Thanks RiG...I have been searching and searching and just can't find them. Your help is much appreciated!
            sigpic
            Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
            --Angels in America

Comment

Just some randomness I found on PB...

You have to click on the pic, it takes you to BP where you can watch the video!

And, you're welcome sis...sorry dinner has gotten in the way. I 'll have those caps in a jif!

And, thank you iolanda! I agree. Fresh is gooooood! Sorry about your car trouble. My sister just got her first Macbook and she loves it.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Here you go sis...

...sorry this is a bit late.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

Better late than never...thanks.
                  sigpic
                  --Angels in America

Comment

I have conquered Gimp! Ok, maybe not conquered exactly...maybe more like a stalemate...but I made my very own sig tonight and I just wanted to wallow in my pride a bit since it's so much more than just adding letters to a pic. And eventually, it'll be my banner for my new fic. *happy dance* Thanks copter for the massive amounts of patience and RiG for the raw material. Ok, you may now return to your regularly scheduled thunking
                    sigpic
                    --Angels in America

Comment

you are welcome sis

and now, since it has been rather quiet in here....how about a smile?

and some legs for RiG?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by birthsister View Post
                        Better late than never...thanks.
                        You're welcome.

Originally posted by birthsister View Post
                        I have conquered Gimp! Ok, maybe not conquered exactly...maybe more like a stalemate...but I made my very own sig tonight and I just wanted to wallow in my pride a bit since it's so much more than just adding letters to a pic. And eventually, it'll be my banner for my new fic. *happy dance* Thanks copter for the massive amounts of patience and RiG for the raw material. Ok, you may now return to your regularly scheduled thunking
                        And a sweet sig/banner it is! Congratz on getting past the beginners stage of Gimp. It's not an easy thing to do. And keep right on wallowing in that pride of yours.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post

and now, since it has been rather quiet in here....
                        Sorry. Was trying to make a brand spanking new sig but...it didn't work out.

OOOOOHHH! I've never seen this one! Me loves!

*flails*

Does that guy even know who it is he's talking too?

Um...arms for coptor...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME.

Comment

grat new sig sis! v nicely done! and a lot better than i could make using PS and i've been using it for years... maybe i should switch to GIMP....
                          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                          sigpic

Comment

You should give it a try, see if you like it!

sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

more arms??? please???
                              sigpic

Comment

can you colour in GIMP? i do alot of digital painting as well
                                I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X