Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
    yep, today is a weird day
    That it is. And were getting a snowstorm too. It's already started.

and I hope you get one soon, and I hope my advice helps. Did I mention I love my Toshiba?
    Oh, it's helped, believe me! I PM'd you just now with a question about it as I didn't want to go OT in here.

Yes, I'm in a Blue Steel mood today...
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Blue Steel is sexy

and sent you a PM back
      sigpic

Comment

Blue Steel is sexy

and sent you a PM back
        Got it and replied.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
          And I'm just a poor working stiff in the process of saving up for my very first laptop. And I don't know which one to get. Brand wise.

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...gif-tumblr.gif
          toshiba is the best Windows PC, followed by Dell and Sony atm... Lenovo is also good but v pricey.... or you could always go Mac.... Mac's a better opperating system, but again, they're pricey

Having owned several different brands of laptops, I will tell you I lovelovelove my Toshiba satellite, and have not had any issues with it at all. HP was good, but lots of issues and it eventually died.
          agreed! i love my toshiba to bits! i'll never buy anothe HP as long as i live.... by the time i got my HP, it was second-hand... my dad had already used it for a couple years.... one of the hinges on the monitor was already broken and he'd already done one system recovery on the thing... i used it for two years and it wasn't pretty in any way.... by the time thing crapped out on me, both hinges were broken and i was using it as a desktop and the screen had been pink for the last three months of its life.... never, ever again!
          I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
            toshiba is the best Windows PC, followed by Dell and Sony atm...

My desktop is a Dell...

Lenovo is also good but v pricey.... or you could always go Mac.... Mac's a better opperating system, but again, they're pricey
            Cold never afford a Mac...my sister just got a MacBook and I'm soooooooo jealous.

agreed! i love my toshiba to bits! i'll never buy anothe HP as long as i live.... by the time i got my HP, it was second-hand... my dad had already used it for a couple years.... one of the hinges on the monitor was already broken and he'd already done one system recovery on the thing... i used it for two years and it wasn't pretty in any way.... by the time thing crapped out on me, both hinges were broken and i was using it as a desktop and the screen had been pink for the last three months of its life.... never, ever again!
            Ouch! HP is a no-go, got it. I'm very close to having enough money for the laptop. Just $100 (or so) to go!

sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

I'm looking at this Toshiba Satellite right now.

Was planning on going with Dell until I overheard a saleswomen at Best Buy tell a couple that they were not good laptops so...Toshiba it is!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

good choice! Dells are good only if you custom build... the stock models that you can buy at any electronics store are crap... but if you go online and build your own, you can get a pretty sweet laptop for a reasonable price... i once did a comparision for the fun of it, and the Dell laptop i built online would have only cost me about 100$ more than the stock model they had in the store....
                sigpic

Comment

I will NEVER buy another Dell...their customer svc. is crap. I buy most of my electronics second hand now and haven't had any problems. I have a Dell desktop, my dds have HP laptops (which seem to work fine for them) and I have an Acer netbook for going portabable. Someday, I might buy a Toshiba tablet, though.
                  sigpic
                  Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
                  --Angels in America

Comment

Acer makes some great netbooks... their other stuff is crap tho... Dell has risen... they're so much better now! HP is hit and miss.... their computers work great for the first two or three years, and then they go to crap... which is fine if you can afford to buy a new comp every three years, but if it's gotta last, i wouldn't recommend HP to my greatest enemy....
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a Dell, but it does have problems...so I might try something different when I buy my next one. Maybe a Mac...but we'll see. This one has to last at least another year and a half.

And Happy Leap Day! Whumped myself yesterday, but today hasn't been a bad day.

Comment

I have a Macbook and I love it, but I think that a decent windows laptop which costs the half is great, too.
                        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Oh boy, did I get this thread off track!

Oh well. Quick question about laptops... How do you get internet (service/connection) on them? Router? Wifi? Something built in? I'm so lost and confused when it comes to this. I'm hopeless in my non-understanding of this issue.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

most laptops come with a wireless card built in so all you have to do is enable the wifi and you're set! some even still come with an ethernet jack, so if all you have is a wired connection, that's fine too.... you have to speak with your internet provider about getting a wireless router if you don't already have one.... and they'll talk you thru set-up and installation.... some companies may not require you to buy a router from them, so while you're at best buy, look at some of the ones they have and their prices.... every router has its own speed and bandwidth limit.... again, while you're at best buy, ask the sales ppl what they would recommend based on your internet usage... they'll give you a more candid answer than your IP, who'll try to sell you a bunch of stuff you probably don't need....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                              most laptops come with a wireless card built in so all you have to do is enable the wifi and you're set! some even still come with an ethernet jack, so if all you have is a wired connection, that's fine too.... you have to speak with your internet provider about getting a wireless router if you don't already have one.... and they'll talk you thru set-up and installation.... some companies may not require you to buy a router from them, so while you're at best buy, look at some of the ones they have and their prices.... every router has its own speed and bandwidth limit.... again, while you're at best buy, ask the sales ppl what they would recommend based on your internet usage... they'll give you a more candid answer than your IP, who'll try to sell you a bunch of stuff you probably don't need....
                              Thank you. This has helped tremendously.

sigpic
                              Sig by ME.

Comment

glad i could be of service! nao if only i could find a new affordable plan for me i have bellsouth, which is decent, but our plan doesn't really have enough bandwidth for both and my dad to be on at the same time... he doesn't need much since all he ever does is check email, be social on facebook, and watch the occasional movie or youtube vid.... unlike me... i play mass-multiplayer games, download and stream music and movies.... it's fine when he's not home, but when we're both on, i can't do much otherwise it slows him down and locks me up completely unfortunately, the next higher bandwidth plan is insanely out of our budget and all the competetors have around the same price
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X