Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmfao i take it we all think the same then thats good to hear

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Dean. Because he's made of awesomeness. He's snarky, tough, vulnerable, emotionally sealed off, clever, sneaky, brash and so very very alone and desperate. Ye gods, without Hunting he's nothing and without Sam he'd be completely lost. Or at least that's what he believes and given that his entire life has been devoted to hunting demons and protecting Sam it's hard to contradict him. Hell, even in his perfect fantasy life he couldn't give up the Hunt. There's this core of quiet desperation in him that really makes me feel for the character. The snarky, wise-cracking attitude of flippancy in the face of all danger is a delicious cover, but I like the substance underneath, too.

And of course it doesn't hurt that he's also very attractive and well built.
      this is the truest thing i have ever heard all these things are great. and the last bit very true hehehe

Comment

i thought you might think that sam i mean in your eyes and mine he is beautiful in every single way

Comment

Dean. Because he's made of awesomeness. He's snarky, tough, vulnerable, emotionally sealed off, clever, sneaky, brash and so very very alone and desperate. Ye gods, without Hunting he's nothing and without Sam he'd be completely lost. Or at least that's what he believes and given that his entire life has been devoted to hunting demons and protecting Sam it's hard to contradict him. Hell, even in his perfect fantasy life he couldn't give up the Hunt. There's this core of quiet desperation in him that really makes me feel for the character. The snarky, wise-cracking attitude of flippancy in the face of all danger is a delicious cover, but I like the substance underneath, too.

And of course it doesn't hurt that he's also very attractive and well built.
          Do not think i could have put it better. Well said. I really enjoy when you get to see his vulnerable side beneath all the snark and I think jensen does a terrific job.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
            I saw James Marsters (Spike from 'Buffy') at an event yesterday, and he said he loves Supernatural and would really like a part; also that he's heard that the producers of the show have liked his work, so I reckon it's not too unlikely to hope for.

I'd like to see JM as a hunter, or as a good guy
            While I didn't really.. care.. for Spike as an ally in Buffy, I liked him as the villain and absolutely loved his human past and his relationship with Dru (poor poor Dru, she was so annoying at first.. until I learned how she became the way she was). Not that I necessarily want to see him as the bad guy again; I think it'd be very interesting to see him as a good!hunter. Thanks for passing on that info! It's doubly more exciting because of the potential fanbase he could bring over.

As to fave character, it'd be Dean, of course. ShadowMaat brought up a lot of good points, I especially like the term "quiet desperation". The biggest draw for me though (especially in the latter half of this season) is that.. Dean is the total embodiment and personification of Tragedy. I can't remember the last time a TV character has this potential to make me brawl like a child and make me ache for him so deeply (even when Daniel lost Sha're, I felt sad for him, but not to the depth of hurt Dean makes me feel).

I still think the YED arc is a bit.. I don't know.. silly isn't quite the right word, but this arc definitely required a whole lot more than the usual suspension of disbelieve from me. So the plot might not be perfect, but the writers did a wonderful wonderful job of writing the characters, enough that I can sprout what I wrote about Dean above with sincerity. I think it's universally true that for a show to be sucessful, the audience must care for the characters, no matter the plot, and I don't think I can care for a fictional character more.

Okay.. don't all of you look at me like I'm crazy now. I know he's not real! I know! ... though I wish I could hug him and tell him everything will be okay

Two more days!

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily View Post
              I can't remember the last time a TV character has this potential to make me brawl like a child and make me ache for him so deeply (even when Daniel lost Sha're, I felt sad for him, but not to the depth of hurt Dean makes me feel).
              I assume you meant "bawl" not "brawl," but yeah, that's exactly it: I really feel for Dean.

I mean seriously, when was the last time watching someone mow the lawn almost brought you to tears?

Comment

I assume you meant "bawl" not "brawl," but yeah, that's exactly it: I really feel for Dean.

I mean seriously, when was the last time watching someone mow the lawn almost brought you to tears?
                So true. Aww Dean, if you weren't my favorite character before, you would have been after that episode. Jensen Ackles can really make you *hurt* for him!
                Last edited by Killdeer; 08 May 2007, 05:44 PM.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

aww deany weany i love you hehehe so do loads of other ppl but am one of them never ever die out in supernatural

Comment

Well, Dean makes me want to fight like a lil' girl, too. Take that!

*cough* Yeah, I meant bawl.

Hmm.. here's another question.. Did Dean ever incite anyone here to violence?

Comment

Thursday is quickly approaching. This is going to be great.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Born Under a Bad Sign
                        Aww... [insert 'Dean is awesome and cares so much for Sam it hurts' comments here]
                        Last edited by Naonak; 08 May 2007, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Okay so I'm a recent SPN convert with a growing addiction to the show... I've just finished working my way through all the Season 1 DVDs on my Amazon rental list - watched Season finale last night (dayum, that's a nasty cliffhanger!!) and am sending the disc back today and moving the Season 3 DVDs to the top of the rental list!

So where are things up to in the US - are you Season 3 now? Has the show been picked up for next season yet? I'm woefully out of touch on current news of the show...

P.S. Oh and I'm down with the Dean love also...
                          sigpic

Comment

lmfao i think everone has been smitten by the lovebug for dean hehe

Comment

yep for sure rach and its a good thing

Comment

welcome Alipeeps.. and no we're not on season 3. the first part of teh season 2 finale airs tomorrow nite. and we're still waiting for the CW to realease official word that SN has been picked up for a third season
                                OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

Working...
                                X