Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyLord75 View Post
    Dean was positively adorable when...

Spoiler:
    he was so psyched to mow the lawn
    omg, yes, too great!! and Jensen was great! didn't use my tissues, but i think that ep holds the record for my mentions of "poor dean"s
    OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

3 variations, same pix/different text
      The Winchester Brothers Are Love
      Sam And Dean Are Love
      Jensen And Jared Are Love

3 variations, same pix/different text
      Dean & Sam are Love
      Winchester Brothers are Love
      Jared & Jensen are Love
      OrangeSwirl

Comment

There's a bit of contention between my niece & I about the boys. She adores
        Dean, which is fine, but I prefer Sam. But, I have to admit that Jensen Ackles
        gave an absolutely wonderful performance tonight.
        And next week:

Spoiler:
        All Hell Breaks Loose

Ooooh.
        sigpic
        David Fangirldom Times Two...Potentially Dangerous, But I'm On It.
        "You can't fly a Dalek! There's people in there..."--David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSwirl View Post
          omg, yes, too great!! and Jensen was great! didn't use my tissues, but i think that ep holds the record for my mentions of "poor dean"s
          OMG really! SQUEAAAA

1/2 hour to go!
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

While I didn't full out cry, I did tear up throughout certain scenes in the episode. Which really is an accomplishment as I'm not an emotional person.
            Spoiler:
            The most emotional scene to me was the lawn mowing one.. just the thought of Dean being so damned happy with doing something normal in a normal life.. and it's something he won't ever have. Another Oh, Dean moment..

Damn, another spoiler..
            Spoiler:
            I adored the pure panic in Sam's voice when he was trying to wake the catatonic Dean up.. and pale!hurt!Dean.. god, we need more of those.

Another pivotal Dean episode.. Still don't understand how certain fans say it's all about Sam.
            Last edited by nyxlily; 04 May 2007, 01:16 AM.

Comment

What a great episode, from start to finish. I'm telling you, this season has really been something special. And yesterday's episode was no different. I felt so sorry for Dean throughout.
              Spoiler:
              Knowing he'll never have that life that he was given a glimpse of.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily View Post
                Another pivotal Dean episode.. Still don't understand how certain fans say it's all about Sam.
                Been thinking about this since I read it. You're right, what tends to make the show so good is the way Dean reacts to/handles what's going on around him.
                Spoiler:
                Even when John told Dean about Sam, Dean was the one who carried it,
                Dean was the one who had to tell Sammy the truth, and as far as next week goes, I'm finding I'll be more interested in how Dean deals with it all, instead of wondering what may happen to Sam. Hmmm.
                sigpic
                David Fangirldom Times Two...Potentially Dangerous, But I'm On It.
                "You can't fly a Dalek! There's people in there..."--David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily View Post
                  Damn, another spoiler..
                  Spoiler:
                  I adored the pure panic in Sam's voice when he was trying to wake the catatonic Dean up.. and pale!hurt!Dean.. god, we need more of those.

OMG! YES YES WE DO!

It was so freaking good! *has a fan girl moment*

I much prefer these kinds to the out and out funny ones... darn it was so freaking good... we need more tv like this!

Originally posted by LadyLord75 View Post
                  Been thinking about this since I read it. You're right, what tends to make the show so good is the way Dean reacts to/handles what's going on around him.
                  Spoiler:
                  Even when John told Dean about Sam, Dean was the one who carried it,
                  Dean was the one who had to tell Sammy the truth, and as far as next week goes, I'm finding I'll be more interested in how Dean deals with it all, instead of wondering what may happen to Sam. Hmmm.
                  i got to say i agree.. i adore sam but its dean that i really follow.
                  I think things have been pretty equal time wise between the two boys.

I have to whine a little hehe how come we don't get the previews in canada? at least i don't on the channels i watch.. its not fair! *pout* hehe

man its going to be a long dry summer without supernatural
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Y'know, it's funny. I love Dean to pieces, but I'd probably have said the show was all about Sam. After all, the pilot ep started with Sam and then introduced us to Dean and I think- at least in the beginning- Sam was meant to be our "guide" into Dean's Wacky World o' Hunting; not quite the outsider, but close enough. And then the revelation that there's more to him than appears and that he's (apparently) the one with a big destiny... all signs should point to Sam, but Dean is just such an utterly fascinating and multi-faceted character and Jensen does such a wonderful job of showing us all those emotional facets that I think sometimes he tends to outshine Sam. But I'd still be inclined to say it's supposed to be about Sam.

Comment

just think of it this way, who's name appears first in the credits? i too believe that the boys do get equal time, and both have their eps to shine, but yeah, i believe its all about Sam. Hello! we still don't know the significance of Dean's necklace for crying out loud!!
                      OrangeSwirl

Comment

Dean is certainly stealing the show at the moment. Oh, but he does it so beautifully!

He is turning out to be the more vunerable one, despite the strong persona he projects to others. I really feel for him, in that who looks out for him really, he is on his own. This weeks episode really brought this home and I wished that life he wished for himself along with him. It is this interplay between Sam and Dean that is fascinating. Sam has turned out to be the stronger one emotionally despite being the one who looked as if he needed looking after. We are now seeing how the two are coming together and complimenting eachother to become stronger and better able to face the big challange that you know is waiting for them.

This show has the best character development and interaction I've seen in a long time. Not since Buffy and Stargate SG1 (seasons 1-6) have I seen this same effortless character development.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          This show has the best character development and interaction I've seen in a long time. Not since Buffy and Stargate SG1 (seasons 1-6) have I seen this same effortless character development.
                          well i don't know about buffy or sg1 but other then that heck yeah!
                          Spoiler:

Comment

The main storyline might meant to be about Sam and his destiny, but the SHOW is about both brothers (or as Kripke kept insisting when fans brought up Sam vs Dean in interviews), and I do see that in nearly every episode (even ones where it's more centric toward one than the other).. it's just when people say it's ALL about Sam that I don't get. That's what I meant.

As to the credit: There's some contention in that area, from what I've read, and the general consensus on why it is the way it is is that Jared was better known at the time. Plus, as said above by ShadowMaat, Sam was the bridge between us and Dean's world and I believe the show was meant to be seen from Sam's POV.. so even with both of them being leads, Sam is.. a tiny bit more important than Dean? (Though, personally, I wouldn't be watching this show without Dean..)

Still, the show is about both brothers' journey.. But, oh Dean.. he definitely steals the show for me.

I also agree with Krisz with the character developments. Both boys manage to change so much, yet remain essentially the same at the core.. I love how you put it: "We are now seeing how the two are coming together and complimenting eachother to become stronger and better able to face the big challange"

Comment

^ nicely put

Comment

Originally posted by jesserella View Post
                                ^ nicely put
                                Indeed! I definitely agree. Both Sam and Dean are complimenting each other now. They depend on each other's strengths more and more as this show goes on.
                                Last edited by the fifth man; 05 May 2007, 06:50 PM.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X