Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree it was a great homage to The Shining, but after that, it was also pretty bland.

Not boring or bad, by any stretch...was cool to see Maya...but it just wasn't spectacular. Of course, not every ep can be a home run and that's fine.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Good ep, not great, but good. heh... Sam likes to dress dolls and whole gay thing, that was great. Maya has special charm... i like her in The 4400 and she did good job here.

I am already waiting for next episode and what it will bring. Supernatural is those shows where i can't wait for next episode as soon as the one i am watching ends.... bring more, pretty please.
      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Season 2 started airing last week in Australia after having a few months break between seasons. It was good to start watching again

I quite like this show, which is surprising since im not usually a big fan of horror/ghost type shows/movies. However what one me over is the fact that it has good cast/characters, and they look at the history/legends/urban myths behind the stories, as well as having good action. Its also more adult than a lot of other shows imo.
        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

And lots of good writing and character development. Yes, there are only two main characters, but still. I really like how they progress both of them. And most recurring ones don't seen hollow ... not to mention that "Roadhouse" is brilliant idea.

Supernatural feels like show with long arc and good direction, something that BSG wants to be
          Just think about it, after season and a half, we find out that demon is actually creating soldiers for upcoming war. Did _ANYONE_ had a slightest clue / idea this would happen? OTOH, we know what BSG's arc is supposed to be (not from TOS) and yet they have so many fillers and drag everything.

Kudos to whole team behind Supernatural.
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's episode. There have been better this season, but it definitely wasn't bad on any level. It was cool to see the actress who plays Maya on The 4400 too.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post

"You're bossy, and short." Oh Sam, Sam, Sam.....
              LOL!! I actually thought for a little bit that he was channeling the little girl.
              Andromeda Fate
              Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
              "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
              "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
              "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
              "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate View Post
                LOL!! I actually thought for a little bit that he was channeling the little girl.
                me too... i was staring at screen thinking what kind of ghost or whatever was in him.... hahahaha ... great scene ...
                VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I really liked it. Heck, a "good not great" episode of Supernatural is better than a lot of episodes from other series. I really ate up the atmosphere of it, the creepiness, the little girls, the dolls. I like that sort of thing. I gave it a strong B+ as a good standalone episode.

Fast nationals in: A 2.0 HH share, 3.375 million viewers with a 1.5 demo. That's good. That's a slight uptick from last week with a tenth demo rise, everything is cool and the gang. Croatoan's demo was only 1.2 average for the hour. Hunted's demo was 1.4. Things are looking up. Dawn talked up everything else at the Winter Press tour today apparently but, she called Supernatural "at it's creative best, and very dependable in a tough time slot. We're pleased with it." She made more comments about how dependable it was, and it was the only scripted show from CW with actors and producers picked to attend by the network, so that's a pretty good sign for renewal. We can breathe easier. Oh, and they gave spoilers for later in the season.

Spoiler:
                  Tricia Helfer will be playing Molly, the farmer's wife, in episode 2x16 "Roadkill," and Sam will be getting laid in episode 17. Sammy boy will be having himself a hot sweaty one night stand if the producer is to be believed. He's not "in love." Good. They're treating the characters like grownups. Face it, any woman Sam loves is in danger of being barbecued. It makes sense that he'd turn to a one night stand and not "fall in love" with every woman he hooks up with. The producer implied she might be a prostitute of some kind. That'll send some of the idyllic teen fans into a tizzy. Emmanulle Vaugier from One Tree Hill is cast as the girl

Oh, and also
                  Spoiler:
                  Jo will be back for an episode, but the producer on the panel stated specifically that she won't be Dean's love interest. He said the producers all watched her episodes and realized that she didn't come across at all as the smoldering love interest type they were wanting for Dean, so the idea is officially nixed. She may be Gordon's friend now, or evil. They were very coy.

Comment

wow, nice spoilers and great news.
                    i love how they watched the show and decided ... that really shows some serious thinking on their behalf... at least in my eyes.
                    VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

oh, great spoilers to know, thanx Moulin!

anyways, as for this weeks ep, i kept muttering "poor Dean" to myself.. first everyone thinks they're gay, and there were a few other spots.. don't have much to say, was a good ep. little creepy.. i cant wait for next weeks ep!!
                      OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

Here are the final numbers for last Thursday, January 18, 2007. All markets counted. The news is good, fine people. The news is very good indeed.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t.../68410882/p/25

SN:
                        - 3,443,000 Viewers
                        - 2.1/3 HH
                        - 1.5/4 A18-49
                        - 1.6/4 A18-34

Up in every category from last week, including HH share. More households tuned in, and look at that 18-34 demo. We don't always get that information. The 18-49 is important, but the 18-34 is even more important to the CW. That it's up to 1.6 bodes very well. Very well. The episode played against all new competition last week. New OC, Scrubs, Grey's and CSI. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                          Here are the final numbers for last Thursday, January 18, 2007. All markets counted. The news is good, fine people. The news is very good indeed.

http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t.../68410882/p/25

SN:
                          - 3,443,000 Viewers
                          - 2.1/3 HH
                          - 1.5/4 A18-49
                          - 1.6/4 A18-34

Up in every category from last week, including HH share. More households tuned in, and look at that 18-34 demo. We don't always get that information. The 18-49 is important, but the 18-34 is even more important to the CW. That it's up to 1.6 bodes very well. Very well. The episode played against all new competition last week. New OC, Scrubs, Grey's and CSI. Nice.
                          Boy am I glad to hear that. I hope the ratings continue to steadily climb. This show is so great, more and more people should be tuning in.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

For those in the UK, season 2 now starts on Sunday Febraury 4th, 9pm on ITV2. (according to the ITV2 website)

Comment

Well, new episode tomorrow night. I'm counting the hours already.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Well, new episode tomorrow night. I'm counting the hours already.
                                thank god.

i've had an incredibly hectic week and it will be nice to just tune out for 2 hrs tonite. (tinytown and supernatural)
                                Thanks!
                                Jordan

my page
                                My LJ
                                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
                                X