Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HirogenGater
    I can't wait to watch season one again in September.
    I know. Getting my hands on the DVD is something I can barely wait for. Can't wait for the extras.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just thought I'd bring this puppy back to life a little. Who else can't wait for Season 2? The spoilers I've read so far are great.
      sigpic
      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

oh yes, the spoilers rock, especially

Spoiler:
        the fact that they are rebuilding the Metallicar!!
        OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSwirl
          oh yes, the spoilers rock, especially

Spoiler:
          the fact that they are rebuilding the Metallicar!!
          I agree. I can't wait to see it
          Spoiler:
          ride again.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
            Just thought I'd bring this puppy back to life a little. Who else can't wait for Season 2? The spoilers I've read so far are great.
            Very excited to see it.

Wife is reading stuff online and in mags, but i'm trying to stay spoiler free.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
              Very excited to see it.

Wife is reading stuff online and in mags, but i'm trying to stay spoiler free.
              I don't know the meaning of spoiler-free anymore. I'm addicted to the things.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Sadly, I have not seen the show yet. So I decided to browse this thread to determine if I should. From what I take of it, there is some sort of supernatural being that the two brothers fight each episode and an underline plot of them finding their father? Bare with me here, still viewing the posts for details. Doesn't sound too bad, I will have to catch a rerun. Also curious about one other thing. If they fight a different 'creature' each time, wont they have a limited run? Can't be that many things to write about.
                "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Well they take things from all kinds of different mythology all over the world. Plus there is one main bad demon (who is responsible for the death of their mom and Sam's girlfriend) that they are constantly hunting. Plus just because they killed a spirit one week doesn't mean it's the only spirit out there.
                  Andromeda Fate
                  Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                  "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                  "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                  "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                  "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

It's a Monster of the Week premise with an arc concerning a particular demon that ties it all together and pushes the characters (and the show) forward.

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
                      Sadly, I have not seen the show yet. So I decided to browse this thread to determine if I should. From what I take of it, there is some sort of supernatural being that the two brothers fight each episode and an underline plot of them finding their father? Bare with me here, still viewing the posts for details. Doesn't sound too bad, I will have to catch a rerun. Also curious about one other thing. If they fight a different 'creature' each time, wont they have a limited run? Can't be that many things to write about.
                      Trust me, there is a lot of things to write about for this show. You definitely should check it out, it is well worth it.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It's got a bit of an early X-files vibe - two people fighting things that shouldn't exist, usually in vancouverish woods and small-town settings. It's got more humour though. The two main characters are charismatic enough to carry the show, but there is a small collection of irregulars who can be brought back if there's an arc sort of thing.

There's an arc about the missing dad and dead mother, and other stuff that can be mined for storylines. In that respect it's a bit like Buffy - lots of standalone eps that together contribute pieces to an arc. They won't run out of monsters cos the existing demonic mythologies of the world are vast - and America being the Melting pot, a lot of these demons have left their native lands for the New World along with the populations they menaced in the old countries. Also, Ghosties can be used again with different people, and in extremis they can always make something up

And the older brother is the dishiest man alive. Fact.
                        Last edited by Madeleine; 21 August 2006, 11:08 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

I highly doubt this show could ever really run out of good ideas for episodes. CW may have struck gold with this show. I hope they come to realize that.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            I highly doubt this show could ever really run out of good ideas for episodes.
                            Oh I wouldn't go THAT far. SG-1 ran out of ideas quite a while ago- in my opinion. XF ran out of ideas halfway through its run, too- again, in my opinion. But I think we have a few more good seasons in Supernatural before we have to worry.
                            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 22 August 2006, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Oh I wouldn't go THAT far. SG-1 ran out of ideas quite a while ago. XF ran out of ideas halfway through its run, too. But I think we have a few more good seasons in Supernatural before we have to worry.
                              In your opinion SG-1 ran out of good ideas, not mine. But, that's for another thread.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Any word on Season 2? Will it start in the fall?

Comment

Working...
                                X