Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I could have gone all day without finding out that Jensen considers his audience stupid. sigh Funny, I don't like reality television either, but if he thinks his show is the same type of thing, then I must be stupid for watching. Thanks a lot, Jensen. I can find other forms of entertainment. If he doesn't care for his work, why should I? His show is better than most of the dreck on the air, and he's putting it down? I think I know who the idiot is, and it's not us.

Time to finish my book. I really really wish I hadn't read that.

Comment

I still say a lot is lost in translation, but maybe that's just me. Supernatural is LOADS better than reality TV but as for intelligent... I guess it depends on how you define the word. What's intelligent programming? Lost? CSI? 24? Or is that a term relegated for stuff on TLC, Discovery and PBS?

Supernatural is, to me, escapist entertainment. No, you don't have to think too hard about it, but while you have to suspend disbelief to a certain level, I think it still hangs together as a whole. It more or less makes sense within its own universe. Other shows are a lot more ludicrous- sometimes intentionally, sometimes not.

I don't think I'd call Supernatural an intelligent show, but it isn't scraping the bottom of the barrel, either. It doesn't bother me if folks say that Supernatural fans aren't intelligent because I know that it isn't true. Not as a whole, anyway, and certainly not for me. I don't think Jensen meant what he said in the way it's being implied he did, but even if he thinks fans are dumb and the show is nothing but a way to get money, it still doesn't bother me all that much. I like the show and that's enough for me. The opinions of the actors and TPTB are moot.

Comment

Doesn't really matter one way or another to me. As long as he keeps playing the character, and the show remains interesting, I'll stay interested in the show.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin
          Wow. I could have gone all day without finding out that Jensen considers his audience stupid. sigh Funny, I don't like reality television either, but if he thinks his show is the same type of thing, then I must be stupid for watching. Thanks a lot, Jensen. I can find other forms of entertainment. If he doesn't care for his work, why should I? His show is better than most of the dreck on the air, and he's putting it down? I think I know who the idiot is, and it's not us.

Time to finish my book. I really really wish I hadn't read that.
          Sorry!!
          Perhaps I take things too personally but I know when I read that my mouth kind of dropped open. It was kind of like a slap in the face (okay maybe not a slap more like a flick) It won't make me stop watching the show by any means. I guess I was just a little disappointed in him.
          Andromeda Fate
          Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
          "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
          "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
          "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
          "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

I still say you guys are blowing things WAY out of proportion, but whatever.

Can't wait for the S2 premiere. I wonder if CW will try to brand the show to make it its own or if they're smart enough not to fix something that ain't broken.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              I still say you guys are blowing things WAY out of proportion, but whatever.

Can't wait for the S2 premiere. I wonder if CW will try to brand the show to make it its own or if they're smart enough not to fix something that ain't broken.
              Eh, I won't let those comments get to me any.

As for Season 2, I agree, CW should leave it be. This show is good enough as is, and shouldn't be messed with. This could be a real hit for the new network.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I just watched all of Season 1 again this week. Why do they have to end it like that though really??? *cries*

...gets me everytime

Comment

Originally posted by ejohnno
                  I just watched all of Season 1 again this week. Why do they have to end it like that though really??? *cries*

...gets me everytime
                  Why? To make people crazy for Season 2, that's why. I know it sure worked for me.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                    Why? To make people crazy for Season 2, that's why. I know it sure worked for me.
                    Yup...gotta have a hook to drag you back in to watching the show next season! :-)
                    sigpic

Comment

I know but why like that? it's just so annoying having to wait for soooooooooo long!

Comment

I know but why like that? it's just so annoying having to wait for soooooooooo long!
                        True, but at least it is coming back. These days, too many promising shows get cancelled before their second seasons. So I'm just happy they were smart, and kept this show. So I can deal with the wait.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Its thursday!! rock on! Scarecrow re-runs tonite!
                          OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSwirl
                            Its thursday!! rock on! Scarecrow re-runs tonite!
                            Sucks for me. I have to wait to see it until Sunday. Baseball is on in my area instead of Smallville and Supernatural. Oh, well- Go, Tigers, I guess.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

True, but at least it is coming back. These days, too many promising shows get cancelled before their second seasons. So I'm just happy they were smart, and kept this show. So I can deal with the wait.
                              Yeah! They seem to be doing that alot often which sucks i just can't wait for it to come back

*bounce*

Comment

Yeah! They seem to be doing that alot often which sucks i just can't wait for it to come back

*bounce*

Hopefully it will be here before we know it. Luckily for me, I have the Stargate shows to tide me over until it's return.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X