Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when (if) this series ever ends, how would you like it to end?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

God shows up says "Oops My bad" and gives em season passes to Disney World.....well he can give that to Sam..Dean gets a Ticket to Amsterdam.....cause YA KNOW!
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

I would want them to find love and be able to walk away. It seems like they should be able to become fathers. No?

Yeah, I know.... that seems like a sad ending.

3;-}

Comment

I would want lots and lots of Easter Eggs, and have them go off to fight some other bad guys because of two reasons. One, I would hope for at least one movie out of it, and two these characters are both too broken to really ever retire.
          Last edited by Graybrew1; 15 November 2013, 05:05 PM.
          Posting at.............
          http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

If anyone is interested in joining a group for watch parties in their respective geographic regions, there's a group on Facebook who are coordinating the groups.

https://www.facebook.com/SPNWOL
            sigpic

Comment

But ... but I'm a male hunter .
              The very young do not always do as they are told.

sigpic

Comment

That would require me re-joining face(time suck) book.

3;-}

Comment

I also have a penis. 3:-/

Comment

I prefer to watch my SPN on my own time, but thanks anyway. I also hate FB with the passion of a thousand white hot suns.
                    Posting at.............
                    http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

I've collected the first 8 series of this one and until last week, had never watched an episode. My thinking is, any show which lasts 9 series must have something going for it, I mean, it's got to be excellent, there's no other excuse.

So, I've watched season 1 and I'm a few episodes into 2. My question is, when does it get really good? Even though they seem to have started to shake things up, procedurally, I find that it's still 29 minutes of investigation, then 10 minutes of action/killing the baddie. Not that it isn't entertaining, but I was hoping that the stories stuff would carry over more into multi-episode arcs. I'm very interested in the core questions, but it's like they advance those story-lines very slowly, sometimes only a couple sentences an episode.

I guess I'm asking, what series does this one take off? Sometimes after 10 minutes I want to just go to the next episode, but I don't want to miss any important dialogue that might deal with the main themes. Just looking for a generalized guideline, like for example, series 3 it when it gets very interesting, something a long those lines.

Thanks in advance, I've got a few weeks off during the holidays and figured now was as good a time as ever to watch this one...

Comment

I think what you want to have starts from the last two episodes of season 2 and kicks in more and more after that. The first two seasons are full of monster-of-the-week eps where the main story is often dealt with in only two or three minutes per episode. But from season 3 and especially from season 4 on there are more and more story eps. Not with too much cliffhangers (fortunately) but with the same story which continues.
                        Of course, you also have monster-of-the-week-eps with less story in them, later, as well. But not so much like in the first two seasons.
                        I like both systems btw .
                        My most favorite season is season 5.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate that. I figured that eventually they would have to get to "the miss 1, miss a lot" stage sooner or later. I'm pleased to hear it comes sooner. So many shows stay in the, Monster of the Week" mode so long that it's tough to get out of it. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it for a while as the time is generally put to good use with character development. But for me, shows like, Law and Order and the CSI's, get old quick. They are good for passing time as you can set your watch by the events in an episode. I guess that's why they call them a procedural!

Thanks again.

Comment

You're welcome .

I know what you mean. I don't like all those CSI, Law and Order etc. shows. Too much the same. But I think they also lack a good character development and something to "replace" the missing storyline. Like humor, for example. I like Bones and Psych. They have interesting characters and good humor. Same goes for Supernatural which also makes the motw eps interesting for me. Whereas you're right in the setting the watch thing. Often they investigate in Supernatural, then they find the monster, one of the brothers gets kicked away and before the monster can kill the other brother the first brother comes from behind and kills the monster. Or the beginning of eps. You see a person, the person is being attacked, the camera turns away and you see blood splashing against a wall.
                            But then there might be good music and the brothers drive past having a funny conversation and everything is cool. So I don't have too much of a problem with that in Supernatural .

sigpic

Comment

You mentioned Bones, another one in it's 9th series. I hope Supernatural holds up better. Bones just seemed to dry up all of a sudden when they lost the muti-series baddie earlier this year, that and moving to Friday nights. I did just read that they must be planning on a tenth as they are writing a massive cliff hanger to finish up the 9th. I just feel like they've about covered everything, but maybe not?

I just finished 212 in Supernatural and it feels like they've turned up the heat a notch. I've been saving this show for a long time now and have done a pretty good job of keeping away from everything related to it so I wouldn't hear something that might ruin it for me. I hadn't started watching till now as in a way, I didn't want to be disappointed in it if it turned out to be much ado about nothing.

It's nice to keep a big one in the cupboard for a rainy day, hard to do, but nice.

Comment

Yeah, heard about the cliffhanger thing, too (Bones). Hm, would be a shame if the series ended. But I've read that they have good quotes even on fridays and are therefore looking forward to a tenth season.
                                I myself have yet to watch the ninth season but already know a few thing that come, there. I think the series has a good character development. Many things changed. Also things that other series like Stargate did not dare to do. Like Booth and Bones finally getting together. Ok, they did not have the problem like O'Neill and Carter with the military but this whole they-want-to-be-together-but-can't thing sucked a bit in Stargate where it continued for ten whole seasons. In Bones, on the other hand, they dared to do it and I think it went well and also breathed new life into the series.
                                The only thing I don't like in Bones is the intern role. I did not like the guy who originally was there (this hyper intelligent kid that turned nuts) and I don't like some of the interns (at least we got rid of the most annoying one). Ok, there are also a few cool interns but nonetheless I think they could have saved the money for the actors and simply have worked with one guy less. Or at least only have an intern here and then but not in (almost?) every episode.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X