Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    I just re-watched Lazarus Rising and The Monster at the End of this Book, and I was watching the introduction of Chuch's character very closely, knowing what we know now. There were a few things I noticed.
    Spoiler:
    - Chuck admits that he didn't see Dean coming to drag him to the 'Red' motel. And he mentioned Sam and Lilith sinking 'into the throes of demonic passion'. So in spite of Cas' insistence that whatever the prophet wrote will come to pass, there were changes to the script. Which only God could have made.
    - Chuck's conversation with Sam in the motel room had always felt a bit off to me. His understanding and almost fatherly advice to Sam didn't quite gel with the seedy character. So another hint that there may have been more to Chuck than met the eye at first.
    - Chuck actually said it himself, that if he was able to see all those things he must 'obviously' be a God. Guess Dean shouldn't have dismissed this so readily.

Something else that goes further back, to ep 5.01. Castiel told Dean that he thought Dean was one of those 'special' people who could behold an angel without their eyes burning out. From what we were told, it seems that this only applies to vessels. So why wasn't Dean immune? Could it be that God had intended to use Adam for Michael's 'meat suit' from the very start? That it was actually Dean's destiny to play the 'wild card' in this endgame, rather than fighting Sam to the death?
    Very interesting...and makes me tend to lean towards "yes" to the original question...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Very interesting...and makes me tend to lean towards "yes" to the original question...
      That's the way I'm leaning as well.

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Which would lead back to saying that Chuck was faking all those reactions, like when Zachariah came to him at the end of MATEOTB and told him not to tell them what he saw. And that's what doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

But what else could he do? If nobody was in the know who he really was - least of all Zachariah - he had to play along with his threats.

sigpic

Comment

No, I understand that. IF he is really God, then yes, he would have had to act as he did. You can make an argument like that to allow for any perceived plot holes this way...my point is just that I LOVED Chuck as a prophet, kind of a wayward loser, vulnerable, and not all-knowing. But I can't enjoy all those wonderful qualities about him anymore if none of that was real. And that makes me .

Comment

Right, I got you. I don't know, I thought he was a bit OTT in S5. That whole thing with Becky.. I don't know. So I was sorta relieved that it had all been an act, and we weren't supposed to believe he was as dorky as he acted. But that's just my personal opinion. Hey, we finally found a point we disagree on - that's kinda refreshing, isn't it?

sigpic

Comment

[/SPOILERS]
                I just re-watched Lazarus Rising and The Monster at the End of this Book, and I was watching the introduction of Chuch's character very closely, knowing what we know now. There were a few things I noticed.
                Spoiler:
                -
                Something else that goes further back, to ep 5.01. Castiel told Dean that he thought Dean was one of those 'special' people who could behold an angel without their eyes burning out. From what we were told, it seems that this only applies to vessels. So why wasn't Dean immune? Could it be that God had intended to use Adam for Michael's 'meat suit' from the very start? That it was actually Dean's destiny to play the 'wild card' in this endgame, rather than fighting Sam to the death?
                All really good points....
                Spoiler:

I couldn't make my mind up at first about Chuck but after watching it again it seems to point in that direction...Chuck being God.

I agree ...the more I've watched it...the more I don't think that Dean was ever going to be the vessel....it doesn't fit in with Dean being in charge of his own destiny for one thing...never giving in.
                There are so many little things to pick up. That's good...it means I have to have another re-watch...

sigpic

Comment

But that's just my personal opinion. Hey, we finally found a point we disagree on - that's kinda refreshing, isn't it?
                  I think we've had a COUPLE points we don't agree on, but it's pretty rare! Good thing that happens, though, because every once in a while I get scared I might have multiple personalities and I am really just posting to myself under two different names!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                    I think we've had a COUPLE points we don't agree on, but it's pretty rare! Good thing that happens, though, because every once in a while I get scared I might have multiple personalities and I am really just posting to myself under two different names!
                    LOL, that would be another one for the 'you've gone from fan to obsessed' thread - you have multiple GW names so you always have somebody to talk to on the Spn threads....

sigpic

Comment

LOL, that would be another one for the 'you've gone from fan to obsessed' thread - you have multiple GW names so you always have somebody to talk to on the Spn threads....
                      too funny
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                        Aren't we still spoiler-ing season 5 stuff in here?
                        Spoiler:

One of my two major annoyances with Swan Song, actually. Is Chuck God, or not? Because if he is, they just undermined a very cool character for me. For ME (my opinion only, my opinion only, don't hurt me! ), it ruins all his previous appearances if he was just faking all his reactions.
                        Spoiler:

Totally get where you are coming from. I felt the same way about the Trickster turning out to be an angel especially since I didn't like most of the angels on the show. Him being the Trickster was unique.

Though Chuck being God is fine by me. I thought it was kinda cool actually....well his dialogue in Swan Song anyway where Kripke was basically channeling himself about writing endings.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

First I think that this thread should be renamed so that spoiler tags for s6 are required.

And as for Chuck:

Spoiler:
                          I think that he generally wasn't God. God was with Chuck, when he had his visions and when he knew something, but else Chuck was just this writer without that much talent.
                          Otherwise his story just doesn't work for me, because otherwise he had to pretend all his reactions and I don't buy that at all.
                          Maybe Chuck was a creation of god, where he could hide, and this creation did not know who he was or something like that. This would explain how he could vanish in Swan Song, because the cover wasn't needed any more.
                          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Hi everyone!

I dont often come to visit - (feels like a recluse)
                            But I am venturing out of my D/V home every now and again to come here!
                            I saw this and wasnt sure where else to put it - it's a poll for best Quarter final 4
                            If you want to go vote for SPN here's the link -
                            Click to go to vote site!

As I say - I hope this is in the right spot.. if not, feel free to move it to the right area!

Space
                            sigpic
                            Made by me.

Comment

Originally posted by SpacedOutAgain View Post
                              Hi everyone!

I dont often come to visit - (feels like a recluse)
                              But I am venturing out of my D/V home every now and again to come here!
                              I saw this and wasnt sure where else to put it - it's a poll for best Quarter final 4
                              If you want to go vote for SPN here's the link -
                              Click to go to vote site!

As I say - I hope this is in the right spot.. if not, feel free to move it to the right area!

Space
                              Thanks for the heads up! Go out there and vote, people, Spn is leading by a very slim margin...

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! Go out there and vote, people, Spn is leading by a very slim margin...
                                *Squeeeee* SPN won!

Thanks to everyone that voted, when I posted yesterday we were behind by 5%

Now? heeeeee! ;D
                                sigpic
                                Made by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X