Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small thing: if you don't use the real spoiler tags [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] then when someone comes along and quotes your post, all that "hidden" text is going to show up as white on a pale background and then

surprise, surprise, someone gets spoiled
    I'm actually trying to stay fairly spoiler free on Supernatural, but I have picked up a bit from reading Futon Critic. Looks like we're heading towards a great finale, though. I can't wait!

Comment

Oh. Sorry. I thought using white text was proper procedure. I'll fix. It does look like a grand finale, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin
        Oh. Sorry. I thought using white text was proper procedure. I'll fix. It does look like a grand finale, doesn't it?
        That it does. No new ones until April, though. That just blows.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          This ep just confirmed what I've been saying all along- Dean resonates better. Sam may be the the floppy-eared trauma puppy, but Dean... ye gods, the poor boy. He's spent his whole life training and fighting and following orders and fighting some more... it's all he has: his family and The Fight. Sam's got it easy, he has college to go back to, a career of his choosing, a network of friends... Dean only has The Fight, a network of contacts and, of course, his family. But he's afraid his family is falling apart and it kills him. His father isn't there for him (regardless of his reasons) and Sam just wants to get it over with and go back to his own life. I think Dean's deeply afraid that he's going to wind up all alone with only The Fight to keep him going. Poor thing.
          I agree. Dean does not want to be left alone again. I think even to be left alone with his dad again would be too much for him. I think that Sam brings a little bit of normalcy to Dean and he doesn't want to lose that.

Also I was pissed when the evil Meg girl chewed Dean out for dragging Sam anywhere. Sam has had his own life and he's with Dean out of choice. Deans not dragging him anywhere.

I think they could have dragged out the Meg thing more. Maybe having her trying to play Sam - trying to convince him that she's not really evil. Now they know she's evil and will never trust her again. I think they might have lost some dynamic there. But who knows, maybe tptb will somehow work that in in the future.
          Is there really not going to be any new episodes until April!? I'm crushed!
          Andromeda Fate
          Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
          "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
          "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
          "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
          "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

They're rerunning Scarecrow next week. No new eps until April, no. They're rerunning in March until people get used to the new Thursday timeslot.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin
              They're rerunning Scarecrow next week. No new eps until April, no. They're rerunning in March until people get used to the new Thursday timeslot.
              Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to watch the reruns then.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I vote to abolish March! Make it go away!

At least I have "discovered" SPN in HD, so I can re-watch-- widesrcreen & hi-def.

Comment

Supernatural being on after Smallville now does sound mighty awesome though. Now Thursday nights are really going to be something special.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It's going to take me forever to remember it's on Thursdays. I just hope I don't miss anything.

Comment

It's going to take me forever to remember it's on Thursdays. I just hope I don't miss anything.
                      I know what you mean. But at least we have until April to get used to the change.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

The stars of Supernatural where heard this past weekend at the Paley Television Festival that cameras have been following them around for behind the scenes footage for the DVD release.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5250

Awesome news, I'm sure the first season will be released before the year is over.

Comment

One of the ladies over at supernatural.tv attended the Paley festival; she shared some extremely funny and encouraging accounts of the panel discussion. The auditorium was apparently packed to capacity; Rozel's guessed that the females outnumbered the men 20 to 1 and said that the audience wasn't made up entirely of teenagers.

The panel featured Jensen, Jared, John Shiban (writer), Kim Manners (head director) and Eric Kripke (creator). Everyone was just funny as could be. According to Rozel, it's Jared who's the chatterbox. Jensen (as I've read elsewhere) is much more reserved and quiet. He'll horse around with Jared, but Jared is the more outgoing one by a mile. Jared's the instigator and "troublemaker." Some fabulous stories were shared and a bawdy sense of humor or two were in evidence. Some points of interest as reported by Rozel and several TWOP members:

TPTB, Kripke included, very much wanted Jensen to play Sam. He read for Sam and they had more or less cast him in the role. Jensen had to beg and plead to read for Dean. They'd specifically invited Jared to audition as well because he was familiar to them from Gilmore Girls; maybe they had him in mind for Dean because of his real life personality. Who knows? But they really hadn't planned on Jensen playing Dean. Good thing they heeded Jensen's instincts.

When Kim Manners (who's a guy) remarked that they'd gotten incredibly lucky with the brothers' chemistry, Jared leaned over and blew Jensen a kiss. Jared really must be the real life wise ass. Jensen wagged his finger at Jared like a mother saying "no no no" and pointed at the audience. Everyone died laughing.

Jared was real fidgety and kept knocking his microphone off. He and Jared started pelting each other with the caps from the bottled water. Manners said he had to deal with them constantly when they're like that.

Jensen really really really didn't want to do the scene in "Shadow" when he confessed to Sam, sans sarcasm, that he wanted their family back together. He thought it was too emotional for his character. Manners had to coax him into it and then work with him for a few hours because he had trouble getting it right. When asked, Manners named it his favorite scene of the series thus far and called it Jensen's best work.

Jared's favorite scene was the talk Dean and Sam had in "Wendigo" about their father's journal and why they were helping people.

Jensen cited the scene in which he rescued Lucas in "Dead in the Water" from the lake; he said he felt he had the young actor's life in his hands because there were stunt men under water holding his legs.

Eric Kripke's favorite was the repair man's hand getting mangled in the garbage disposal. The man has a sick sense of humor. When pressed to name a scene with the cast, he named Dean's phone call to his father outside the gas station in "Home."

Manners made a gagging gesture when someone asked about "Bugs." Apparently it's not a favorite of anyone in production. They seem to regard it as the dud of the first season. Interesting. Then Kripke deadpanned that the CW actively encourages full frontal nudity. That made Jared choke on the bottled water he was drinking. Jensen slumped down in his chair in total embarrassment when Shiban happily read some letter he'd gotten from a fan who was giddy with excitement that Jensen had taken his shirt off in "Skin." Jared found this satisfactory.

Talking to some people outside after the official panel was over, (they screened Scarecrow) Kripke expressed confidence that the show was being picked up by the CW, told someone from TWOP (I forget who) that they were actively trying to get Loretta Devine to reprise Missouri because everyone adored her, praised Jeffrey Dean Morgan no end, and let these few "spoilers," or rather teasers that are nothing really specific out. The last one is the best IMO.

Spoiler:
                          Dean’s necklace is a charm, and it is indeed significant. We’re going to find out about it soon (remember Dean went to the trouble to get it off the shapeshifter's body?)

-Sacramento is significant. Something to do with the flambé mommy on the ceiling demon. Dad had a reason for being there.

-Lawrence, Kansas is significant, in A MAJOR WAY. Kripke advised us to look up urban legends surrounding Lawrence. The best one I [the poster at sn.tv] could find was Stull Cemetary, about 12 miles west of Lawrence, which is supposedly a gateway to Hell.

-The fact that Dean’s eyes bled in “Bloody Mary” is significant. They’re going to go into that soon, too-

Great stuff, huh?
                          Last edited by Moulin; 06 March 2006, 07:36 PM.

Comment

LOL! Jensen as the shy, reserved one? Shows how good he and Jared are, then.

The mind kinda boggles at picturing Jensen as Sam, though. I can't quite wrap my mind around it. I'm glad they let him have Dean instead. Interesting comments about Shadow, and I agree that it was a very powerful scene. It probably helps that Jensen was struggling with it, too.

Small bit about Kim Manners- if you've ever seen the XF ep Jose Chung's From Outer Space, the character Det. Manners (he of the "bleeping dead aliens") was named in honor of Kim, who apparently swears quite a lot. At least on set.

Comment

LOL! Jensen as the shy, reserved one? Shows how good he and Jared are, then.

The mind kinda boggles at picturing Jensen as Sam, though. I can't quite wrap my mind around it. I'm glad they let him have Dean instead. Interesting comments about Shadow, and I agree that it was a very powerful scene. It probably helps that Jensen was struggling with it, too.

Small bit about Kim Manners- if you've ever seen the XF ep Jose Chung's From Outer Space, the character Det. Manners (he of the "bleeping dead aliens") was named in honor of Kim, who apparently swears quite a lot. At least on set.
                              I have seen the episode. So that was inspired by Manners' profane vocabulary, huh? That's hysterical. What you said up there is why Manners said the scene worked. You sensed Dean's discomfort with such a raw, exposed admission to Sam about how he felt because Jensen was extremely uncomfortable doing it.

Jensen did a wickedly awful little horror flick called Devour a year ago, and his character's demeanor was the epitome of Sam. I believe he could have played Sam very well. With just slightly less cropped hair and a change in demeanor he easily passed for 22. The difference is striking. That quiet demeanor is supposedly much closer to his RL personality. The panel kept tattling on Jared's antics much more than Jensen.

Comment

I can't wait for this first season to be released on DVD. I am so getting it the first day it is available. I hope there really is some cool behind-the-scenes material on it. Sometimes, I just can't get over how much I've gotten wrapped up in this show.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X