Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    I certainly think it says a lot. Supernatural has continued to get better and better, and is well deserving of another season. Personally, I'd like to see this show on the air for quite some time to come.
    me to! though Kripke said he would like it only to go five seasons...
    mind you that was before the strike so maybe that will change his timeline
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I think it would be better for the show to end on its own terms than to be told to quickly wrap things up. That would not do the show any justice...and I agree to five seasons, but only now mind.

I'll probably wind up wanting a sixth season anyway.

Comment

I'm fine with five. Kripke's got a point. Shows usually go down hill after the fifth season anyway because even the best of us run out of ideas after five years with the same characters and story.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

want to see something weird?

he even stole daddy's shirt!
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

omg!! that is a little scary... nice find.. mm, JDM.. miss him...
            OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

I could live with 5 seasons. Of course, 6 is always good too.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

poor Dean and his fashion identity crisis. Nice catch, parisindy. Dean's version of the shirt even looks like it's been worn over that time.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay View Post
                  I'm fine with five. Kripke's got a point. Shows usually go down hill after the fifth season anyway because even the best of us run out of ideas after five years with the same characters and story.
                  Yeah, I think that's a pretty good point and I could see him wanting to wrap things up before the show gets stale or they get low on ideas. Personally I'm fine with five seasons (though wouldn't be too adverse to seeing a sixth ).

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                  want to see something weird?

he even stole daddy's shirt!
                  Whoa that is kinda creepy! Heh heh.... good find!

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                    It is amazing that Supernatural managed to get these ratings without Smallville & a repeat before the new episode. This definitely has to speak volumes
                    Maybe it's because it didn't have Smallville...

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                      Maybe it's because it didn't have Smallville...
                      I'm sure that helped.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

lol I can just see Smallville's ratings going down now...

Anyway, I got into a deep discussion with someone about all the soul/life trading that seems to go on in the show. Naturally, the first thing that came up is that Dean was supposed to die in 1x12. What happened there was clearly switching someone's life for his, but if Dean had died then, it can be argued that Sam would have died later, and lots of people they would have helped.

So. For the price of one life in 1x12, many can be saved. Dean really shouldn't rouse on Sam about it.

Acceptable loses.

Comment

But the thing is Dean hated the fact that someone was traded to take his place in the afterlife. He felt it was unatural and wrong and screwed with the order of things, same for when his father gave up his life for him in the begining of season 2.

Spoiler:

Comment

I'm just saying even Dean can't deny that that particular swap was for the best.

Comment

Well, he does. That was one of his major issues in All Hell. He felt like he didn't have the right to be alive, that he should have died while dad should have gone on living. He felt if his dad had livedlike he was suppose to John would have succeeded in preventing all the horrible things that happened in All Hell.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay View Post
                                Well, he does. That was one of his major issues in All Hell. He felt like he didn't have the right to be alive, that he should have died while dad should have gone on living. He felt if his dad had livedlike he was suppose to John would have succeeded in preventing all the horrible things that happened in All Hell.
                                I have to totally agree with what you are saying on that.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X