Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I'll definitely be watching it. If I can, that is. I really like this show, and think it has the potential to turn into a great one.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Tidbit from Futon Critic:

Replacing BEAUTY AND THE GEEK on Thursdays will be SUPERNATURAL, beginning March 16 (9:00-10:00_ p.m. ET). This move should advantage the first-year hit, pairing it with the compatible and über-successful SMALLVILLE (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET), which is enjoying its best season ever, both creatively and in the ratings.

Comment

while that'll be a great combination for a thursday night...they finally got me hooked on BatG....where's that gonna end up...

yes....i hang my head in shame...i got dragged into BatG
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Tonight's episode was pretty good. Dean was a lucky man with that girl. Good for him. It was cool to see a different side of him. I'm definitely loving this show.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Ohhh, Dean is SO YUMMY!

He's definitely on my Cabana Boy list.

Good ep, too. Bit derivative of some other eps, but I didn't mind.
            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 31 January 2006, 07:13 PM. Reason: awww! Fave smiley site is GONE! yikes, make that TWO sites missing

Comment

when i first read the tvguide blurb and saw the intro, i was afraid it was just going to the other half of Jeepers Creepers, but i'm glad it worked out differently.

i really liked Sam's ongoing surprise at Dean on all levels. the girl looked familiar but i couldn't place her.

i thought it was pretty well done.

scenes from next week looked good as well.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Does everyone see what I mean, now, about Dean's repressed emotions being SO much sizzlier than Sam's trauma puppy act?

Comment

Yes, I definitely loved seeing more of Dean's repressed emotions. I liked how they focused on him for once and having Sam kind of comfort Dean instead of the other way around. However, the episode kind of bored me (of course that might have been the circumstances under which I watched it which meant getting interrupted about every five minutes)
                  I wasn't too impressed with the Cassie girls acting skills and while Dean did get the girl, I wasn't feeling the chemistry and Dean didn't seem uber upset when she broke it off again at the end. I don't think he was too heartbroken(but at least he got some!)

Next weeks ep looks great!
                  Andromeda Fate
                  Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                  "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                  "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                  "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                  "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by CurryBrown
                    But AI is not two hours this week so it won't overlap with Supernatural this week. Also Bush is pre-empting other program but not Supernatural this week. Get people you know who watch other stuff at that time to watch Supernatural to see if they like it. This is so we can have many people support Supernatural during this time of the merger of the UPN and WB.

But when there is a two hour episode just tell your room mate that you need to watch Supernatural to support it. American Idol is bigger than ever and is in no danger of being canceled. It will have many more seasons to come. Supernatural on the other hand is in its first season and is on a network that has been shut down due to a merger. Supernatural may be listed on press releases that it is likely to make it to the other network but there is no guarantee. Supernatural needs all the help it can get by watching it helps. Tell that to your room mate and I sure he/she will understand.
                    Well, actually American Idol did interrupt Supernatural and my room mate did not understand (as I knew she wouldn't) She's as passionate about American Idol as we all are about Stargate (I have no idea why either) Still I know how I would feel if I wanted to watch stargate and my room mate kept keeping it on another show so I've found other ways to watch it. Besides, if they move it to Thursday that will be great!! No American Idol conflicts.
                    Andromeda Fate
                    Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                    "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                    "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                    "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                    "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Does everyone see what I mean, now, about Dean's repressed emotions being SO much sizzlier than Sam's trauma puppy act?
                      Well...no, I honestly don't. I'm equally interested in both of them, and I think they're both amazingly good-looking, so I'm doubly blessed, I guess.

I took Sam's "trauma puppy act" as a person who was grieving the loss of someone he loved, and I'm glad they actually showed his grief instead of having him be perfectly fine the next episode. I hate it when shows do that.

Having finally seen 'Route 666' (oh, do I ever hate my local television station that manages to scatter WB shows throughout the week), I have to say that this is the first Supernatural episode that disappointed me a little. Oh, wait a minute, it's the second. How could I forget about 'Bugs'? That one was dire.

Anyway, I guess I'm in it for the brotherly interaction, because I didn't give a whit about Cassie and I didn't buy the relationship. Like andromeda fate, I didn't feel the chemistry, and without that Dean's emotional stuff fell a little flat. I'd rather they show Dean's repressed emotions the way they did with the phone call in 'Home', as it relates to their family situation. The whole ex-girlfriend thing just didn't work for me. Although the sex scene was hot.

Also, the Ghost!Truck was beyond lame, almost cartoonish. I was giggling at it and I really don't think that was the reaction they were going for. Sam was cute as the pesky little brother needling his older brother but he didn't really have much to do other than that. We already know that Dean deflects any serious emotions with humor or sarcasm, so other than the fact that Dean was once in love, it didn't tell us much more about him. I think both Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki have just fantastic chemistry as brothers and that's what I want to see, much more than the girl of the week.

Oh well, not every episode is going to knock it out of the park for me. I still love my cheesy show, so I'm happy.
                      Last edited by Jonisa; 05 February 2006, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Yay, new episode tomorrow. That makes me very excited.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Tonight's episode was a good one. Cool, Sam's got even more powers now. I can't wait to see where that goes. And what about that Max kid being connected to Sam? Both their moms killed by the same thing- now that's freaky. This show continues to surprise me with how good it can be.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            Tonight's episode was a good one. Cool, Sam's got even more powers now. I can't wait to see where that goes. And what about that Max kid being connected to Sam? Both their moms killed by the same thing- now that's freaky. This show continues to surprise me with how good it can be.
                            I agree...the show continues to grow! I'm really enjoying following it! I just hope the viewership increases and it gets renewed for next season! :-)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                              I agree...the show continues to grow! I'm really enjoying following it! I just hope the viewership increases and it gets renewed for next season! :-)
                              It better get renewed! This is one of the best shows I've ever seen on the WB. And tonight's episode didn't do anything to change my opinion. Even not dealing with demons or ghosts, this episode kicked some ass. Sometimes nothing beats a crazy family.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Kept reminding me of XF's "Home" with shades, maybe, of Chainsaw Massacre (although that's just a guess since I've never seen it and know surprisingly little about it). Still good, but I kept waiting for Johnny Mathis to start belting out "Wonderful! Wonderful!" Rednecks weren't anywhere near as scary and inbred as the Peacock boys, tho. Still creepy and effective. And more Dean whumping.

Comment

Working...
                                X