Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for tonight. I've really missed the show the past few weeks too. I think it's going to be a really good one tonight.

Comment

The show has been getting a ton of press over tonight's Christmas episode (be warned some of these reviews are a little spoilery)...

The Seattle Post Intelligencer
      The Chicago Tribune
      My San Antonio (Jared Padalecki's hometown)
      The Funton Critic
      The TV Addict
      A brief in magazine mention in Entertainment Weekly this week.
      And The Deseret Morning News

As an early Christmas Gift to SUPERNATURAL fans, Ruby and/or Bella are killed in a really unfortunate Christmas tree mishap!
      Ain't that the truth though I only want Bela to die, I'm a bit fond of Ruby.
      Last edited by GatetheWay; 15 December 2007, 11:45 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks for posting these! Very interesting reads... Not too crazy about the Seattle one (seems to have some chips on her shoulder as far as Christmas goes, but I digress) and the Chicago Tribune one didn't work for me. It said I had to be subscribed in order to read it.

But the others worked fine and they're getting me all excited for tonight. Only about 5 1/2 hours left here

Comment

Wow, that was something else. I absolutely loved it, from start to finish. I hope we get a Christmas-type episode every season.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What a fantastic episode! Reminded me how much I really missed this show. One of the best Christmas episodes of a show I've seen in ages. It's so annoying that we have to wait heaven knows how long before we see more.

I had to keep doing a double take with..........

Spoiler:
            ....the pagan God, I thought he looked a bit like a deranged evil General Landry!! The nail removing bit with poor Sam, I'm still shuddering at the memory of that!

I keep looking at my fireplace now with a bit of unease after this episode!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay View Post
              The show has been getting a ton of press over tonight's Christmas episode (be warned some of these reviews are a little spoilery)...

Plus a brief in magazine mention in Entertainment Weekly this week.
              <snip...>
              Ain't that the truth though I only want Bela to die, I'm a bit fond of Ruby.
              Thank you very much for the links, GatetheWay. This attention is fantastic!

But could you perhaps go back to your post and put the bit from Entertainment Weekly into spoiler tags, please? I'm not squemish about spoilers but if I was, I'd hate to stuble across something like this.

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              What a fantastic episode! Reminded me how much I really missed this show. One of the best Christmas episodes of a show I've seen in ages. It's so annoying that we have to wait heaven knows how long before we see more.

Spoiler:
              ....the pagan God, I thought he looked a bit like a deranged evil General Landry!!
              @ the first comment in the spoiler tags! I almost choked on something.
              twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post

Spoiler:
                ....the pagan God, I thought he looked a bit like a deranged evil General Landry!! The nail removing bit with poor Sam, I'm still shuddering at the memory of that!

I keep looking at my fireplace now with a bit of unease after this episode!! LOL!
                It was a great episode! The little things that I loved: (in spoilers of course)

Spoiler:
                - the little "Special" promo right at the beginning, like the ones they'd do waaaay back when for the Christmas specials; and, of course, the special Christmas-y title card

- the WeeChester scenes. Explaining somewhat why Sam is now a sort of "Scrooge" when it comes to Christmas, and showing how Dean got his amulet.

- that scene at Santa's Village... the elf-dressed girl going "Ew" when Sam tells her they're only there to watch and of course Dean's reaction.

- the impromptu singing of "Silent Night" at the PimpSanta's place... lol

- the nice scenes of brotherly interaction when Dean says he's all gung ho about spending a proper Christmas because it's his last year, and Sam not wanting to think about it; and of course the scene at the end with the gift exchange and drinking of egg-nog.

Stuff I didn't like... (spoilers again)

Spoiler:
                Um.... well, I can't really think of anything. The Sam-getting-fingernail-ripped-off scene definitely made me squeamish. Not quite as much as I thought since I was prepared for it, but definitely was squeamish.

LOL Krisz, I agree about the pagan guy looking like a deranged General Landry!! They were a stepford couple through and through

Great, great ep. Now onto another hiatus. Oh well, will pass the time with the dvd's I guess.

Comment

It was great when Sam said that Bobby called them morons for thinking that they were going after an Evil Santa & opening titles were made just for this episode

Last edited by TheJediSpectre; 14 December 2007, 10:45 AM.

Comment

loved the epi last night.

Spoiler:
                    where the guy pulls sam's fingernail off. *shudder* i almost had to turn it off!
                    sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

Originally posted by TheJediSpectre View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      It was great when Sam said that Bobby called them morons for thinking that they were going after an Evil Santa & opening titles were made just for this episode

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/...img/316471.png

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...img/316472.png

http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...img/316473.png
                      I agree (spoilers for 3.08)...

Spoiler:
                      That was pretty funny, heh heh... Bobby still rules

Loved the opening titles too.

Comment

Christmas special was pretty good.
                        Spoiler:
                        Didn't really think much of the flashbacks though.
                        Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                          Christmas special was pretty good.
                          Spoiler:
                          Didn't really think much of the flashbacks though.
                          Personally, I really
                          Spoiler:
                          liked the flashbacks. They gave a little more insight into their childhoods.

It had a lot of really good moments.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Personally, I really
                            Spoiler:
                            liked the flashbacks. They gave a little more insight into their childhoods.

It had a lot of really good moments.
                            Was that the same kid that played Deans wannabe son played little Dean ? The two looked really alike

Comment

Originally posted by TheJediSpectre View Post
                              Was that the same kid that played Deans wannabe son played little Dean ? The two looked really alike
                              No, different actor.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Young Dean was played by Ridge Canipe, the same little boy who played young Dean in "Something Wicked." Colin Ford played young Sam.

This is now my favorite episode of Supernatural, the series. It was pure perfection. So touching, and so clever. When did Jared Padalecki get so damn good?

Comment

Working...
                                X