Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    Yeah, I have the feeling that they're setting this up for something big. I think it's going to be a wild ride
    Definitely setting us up for something. And I can't wait to see what that something is. This is one "wild ride" I'll happily take.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

ill happily take the wild ride to

Comment

I just caught up with Sin City this morning, *is woefully behind*, and I think that the thing I'm most intrigued with and excited about is

Spoiler:
        The possibility (inevitability??) of evil Sam.

Also,
        Spoiler:
        The more Bobby, the better!!!!!!

It's great to see the numbers rising, also. This is such a fun show to watch, and I think Kripke & co. could make it a nice long run of it, given the chance.
        LiveJournal

"I never wanted to be an actor. I wanted to be a Time Lord...it just took me a while to figure it out."
        David Hewlett, SciFi Magazine, April 2008

Comment

I just hope the looming writers' strike doesn't rob us (and everyone else) of the second half of the season. If the mediator can't fix things this week, the strike will happen before Thanksgiving. The one in '88 lasted for five and a half months.

Comment

Oh a Supernatural thread, I adore that show, I am part of the supernatural.tv forum, so It is like my second great obbssesion after stargate. One of the best shows I have seen in awhile. I hope the writer's strike doesn't happen and mess with the great numbers we are getting in the ratings. *crosses fingers*
            sigpic
            Rodney and John. Friends till the End.

Thanks to Watcher652 for making this wonderful Banner.

Comment

Supernatural.tv is a great place for info. I sure hope the mediator that's coming in this week can get the studios to realize how greedy they're being. Most screenwriters aren't rich. They just want their fair share of the DVD sales and new media like itunes. It is their work the studios make money from. The studio heads are sounding awfully intransigent in the last article I read. Les Moonves, head of CBS (which owns CW) says he would "welcome a strike." What a tool. They think they can gut it out with a few mid season series, news magazines, and reality, reality, reality. I don't know. Network television is in much worse shape than it was in 1988. You don't remember 1988, kids. Back then there weren't a million cables channels with quality series of their own, and no internet. Can you imagine growing up a teenager with no youtube? Yes, it's true it's true, I tell you. Not much to divide the attention from network tv then. The studios decided to gut it out for five and a half months, and the writers basically caved and got screwed. The studios lost half a billion dollars and survived. They may think they can do it again. Hopefully someone from the outside can make them see reason. They're going to hold on to that money tight. The writers are saying if they don't hold firm this time, things will never get better for them or any writers in the future. They're right IMO, but of course that would devastate the television season. If they can get the strike settled in a month or less, everything would be okay. If it drags out longer.....not good news.

That being said, here's a review for Sin City that's quite typical of the positive press the episodes this season have received. There's a comment section for it, too. Firefox, syfyportal, If Magazine, Associated Content, TV Squad....a lot of sites are really liking what Supernatural is doing this season.

Review Sin City

Comment

Originally posted by Chaser View Post
                I just caught up with Sin City this morning, *is woefully behind*, and I think that the thing I'm most intrigued with and excited about is

Spoiler:
                The possibility (inevitability??) of evil Sam.

Also,
                Spoiler:
                The more Bobby, the better!!!!!!

It's great to see the numbers rising, also. This is such a fun show to watch, and I think Kripke & co. could make it a nice long run of it, given the chance.
                So do I, with rising ratings the network would be crazy to axe this show. Then again who knows why on occasion networks move in mysterious ways and can good shows that leave audiences open mouthed in bewilderment.

Another thing this show does so well is the clever use of excellent atmospheric filming to add to the whole mood of the episode. It's another thing to add to the overall brilliant production skills that make this show stand out. One of my favourites is this from Season 1's 'Bugs'. Really captures the mood of an impending catastrophe, and the idea of wherever Sam & Dean go the showdown is never far away.

Comment

Welcome to the thread, Pearl of Atlantis Great to have another Supernatural fan on board

I really hope something can be done about this looming strike too. I do remember 1988 and the strike that year... oy. Also I believe there was another back in the early 80s, but the one I remember more is the '88 one.

(spoilers for 3.04)

Spoiler:
                  Reading that review at Firefox I had to laugh... Richie was played by a guy named Papazian... and IIRC that was the same exact name as the blind knife-thrower aka the monster from Everybody Loves a Clown.

Just a funny coincidence there... lol

Comment

Thanks for the welcome JessM Wow you are like the 3rd person I know who is named Jess Who loves this show, I know a Jessie and another Jess and now you. Wierd, but thanks again.

Maybe the strike won't happen I was only 8 when the other one happenend in 88 so I don't remeber it nor do I think I would've cared, wasn't as much of an avid tv watcher like I am now.
                    sigpic

Comment

Heehee... no problem. And I notice you are from Long Island. So am I

Yeah I was only 10 in 88 but there were some shows that I watched and kind of missed (not that I can remember what exactly they were now...). I'm crossing my fingers that this one doesn't happen.

Comment

*crosses fingers with Jess* I am crossing my toes also just for good measure. Hehehe. I am in a very hyper, wierd mood today.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hee hee

In the meantime they posted the director's cut for next week's ep Bedtime Stories on the CW site (you can find it here).

And if you can't view it there, it's also up here

Comment

oh kewl, thankies. very cool.
                            sigpic

Comment

sweet! thanks jess!
                              sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

No problem guys! Happy to deliver

Comment

Working...
                                X