Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so scared I wouldn't get this channel but I do! Although at a strange and unexpected time. Oh well.
    I knew the girl would have some sort of tie in. Although I was thinking that she was something supernatural that Sam was going to help out and in doing so realize that his place was with Dean. I like the new angle much better.
    We finally got our girl! I think that they'll probably team up with the girl without them knowing her true nature. That could bring in some interesting dynamics between the brothers with a secrectly evil girl thrown into the mix.
    Anyways, I liked how the brothers got separated and seeing Dean kind of working by himself. (by the way I totally and completely take back the comment I made a month or so earlier about Jared Padalecki being the better actor. Jensen Ackles is proving his skills more and more with each passing episode and I am very impressed.)
    I was cringing when Dean was trying to convince the couple that they were in danger. I was thinking to myself "Oh no! Where's Sam? Dean is so bad at this." A second later Dean voiced the same thoughts.
    I was just wondering at the end where that girl was gonna go? Her parents and her aunt and uncle were dad. Was she being shipped off to yet another relative?
    Anyways, next weeks ep looks really good. I can't wait! A week is such a long time.
    Andromeda Fate
    Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
    "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
    "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
    "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
    "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

They'll team up with demon chick and she'll vamp up to each of them and turn them against each other using her feminine wiles.

As for the apple girl... My first thought was: her parents were a sacrificial couple. Either they didn't know she was with them until after or... I dunno. Just crossed my mind, though, since she wasn't really "local".

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        They'll team up with demon chick and she'll vamp up to each of them and turn them against each other using her feminine wiles.
        Excellent idea! Now that would make for some interesting brother dynamic! Dean and Sam fighting over a girl who secrectly wants to kill both of them.
        Hmmmmm...... now I wonder who would come off the better in a fight. Dean or Sam? And who would be the first to say "Dude, this is stupid. We're fighting over a girl." And which one would take the opportunity, while the other brother was saying the aformentioned line, to shove them through the wall?
        Andromeda Fate
        Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
        "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle

Comment

Well, I didn't expect the ending last night with the Blondie Chick and The Goblet of Blood! LOL I'm looking forward to seeing where the guys go. So far the only story line that they've carried through is the hunt for Dad. It will be nice to see a continuation of a story line like this.
          sigpic

Comment

my thought is that the Chick is working for the Demon that killed the mother and Jessica but that scean was quite intense
            Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
            sigpic

Comment

If the new demon girl joins Sam and Dean, I couldn't see Sam fighting over her, considering that Sam just buried his girlfriend 6 months ago. I'm sure Dean will hit on her though, since he seems to hit on anything with a pulse.

I'd like to know more backstory about why the demon is hunting them. Is it because Dad and boys have been destorying so much evil or is something else going on? Because I thought from the episode where they went home that Dad didn't start demon hunting until after the Mom died but I could be wrong about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                If the new demon girl joins Sam and Dean, I couldn't see Sam fighting over her, considering that Sam just buried his girlfriend 6 months ago. I'm sure Dean will hit on her though, since he seems to hit on anything with a pulse.

I'd like to know more backstory about why the demon is hunting them. Is it because Dad and boys have been destorying so much evil or is something else going on? Because I thought from the episode where they went home that Dad didn't start demon hunting until after the Mom died but I could be wrong about that.
                You're right, Dean does hit on anything with a pulse. It's part of his er.. charm.

You're right that Dad didn't start demon hunting until after his wife died. I actually went on the Supernatural website one time and read through the dad's journal they have on there (hey I was bored) It took him awhile to convince himself that he really had seen his wife suspended from the ceiling. It sounds like he hadn't really beleived in that sort of thing before. Then he started seeing psychics but they were all frauds until he found Missouri (remember her?) It talks about how he wasn't sure he could trust her until the boys met her and how Dean started talking a lot to her when he had barely talked since his mom died and how Sam loved being on her lap. That convinced Dad to trust Missouri - Missouri told Dad about the evil force in the house where the mother had died and thus the hunt began.

It also says in the journal how he always felt like something was watching his boys and how he wanted to protect them. Reading that journal actually helped me gain some insight to the show and gave it a little more depth. I wish they would incorporate those thoughts into the actual show. It would definitely add more sympathy for the characters and add more layers.
                Andromeda Fate

Comment

This is fast becoming on of my favorite shows. I missed a few eps when I moved to a new state. Is this demon girl a new character? Did she appear in a previous episode? Her apperance threw me for a loop. That scarecrow was freaky!

Comment

DarkWillow is definitely New Girl on Campus. We haven't seen her before, but I KNOW we'll be seeing her again.

And I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of Sam developing "feelings" for her. They definitely seemed to share a connection (even if she forged it) and she knew exactly what buttons to push in order to make him like/trust her.

Do you think she was serious about wanting to escape her "family"? I mean, yes, obviously that was said to dupe Sam, but in these sorts of situations, there's invariably a grain of truth in them. So part of the arc could be trying to convince DarkWillow that she really CAN break away from her family and do what SHE wants... which will hopefully involve not killing Dean and Sam.

Oh, and in a showdown, Sam would definitely get the girl.

Poor Dean.

Comment

Darkwillow? Is that her real name or one you just gave her? I can't remember what her name was in the show.
                      As for Sam getting the girl, in general I would agree but it would depend on the girl and her personality.
                      Andromeda Fate

Comment

I'm just calling her DarkWillow 'cause the whole Goblet of Blood thing reminded me a bit of Buffy's Willow when she went Darkside.

Except, of course, this chicky is blonde.

Comment

I don't think DarkWillow is trying to escape DemonDad. I think it was the ploy to get in with Sam. I imagine she was told to expect to meet him after a rift and played on that. Assuming she had just made a blood cell call to dad.

I think if she'd found Dean, she'd have had an equally compelling story/conversation to get close to him.

In any event, I can't wait to see how they develop her and whether the person/thing at the other end of the pestle was really her dad or if father was an honorific.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Oh, I KNOW she was just saying that to gain Sam's sympathy. But I also think it's possible there might be a grain of truth to her comments, or that she could be made to reconsider her... life path.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Oh, I KNOW she was just saying that to gain Sam's sympathy. But I also think it's possible there might be a grain of truth to her comments, or that she could be made to reconsider her... life path.
                              would be a good resolution to her character...

dad couldn't save mom...
                              sam couldn't save girlfriend...

together the 'convert' the daughter of the demon they're hunting.
                              Thanks!
                              Jordan

my page
                              My LJ
                              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

So, if you were a girl in supernatural world and Dean and Sam were coming to the rescue, which brother would you get closer to and why?
                                Andromeda Fate

Comment

Working...
                                X