Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    I just wish all this angsting would actually GO somewhere. We keep seeing eps where the brothers are forced to admit the dark, petty things they keep locked inside them, but we never see them DEAL with it. They always push it aside, brush it away, and go on to something else.
    I'm with you on that one. They need to have something....either a resolution or a divide. Personally i'd like to see a divide so that their only motiviation to be together is to find dad, and then have some sort of reconciliation when they finally do.

Doubt they'll go that route. Too far out from the buddy/brother team concept. But still, they have to do something with all the little bits and pieces of unhappiness that are dug up every ep.

Perhaps they'll do town to town therapy sessions for Sam. Would be interesting to see the notes from his session.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      I just wish all this angsting would actually GO somewhere. We keep seeing eps where the brothers are forced to admit the dark, petty things they keep locked inside them, but we never see them DEAL with it. They always push it aside, brush it away, and go on to something else.

I dunno about you, but if I were Dean, I'd be having some serious issues with myself about the fact that my brother pulled the trigger, fully intending to blow my head off. Under outside influence or not, that would still eat at me- the fact that deep down, SOMETHING had to have motivated him to do that.

And didn't doppel Dean have some awful things to say to Sam a couple weeks back, too? We keep getting these glimpses. I want them to add up. Fast.

Y'know... why Sam is the King of Angst, I think Dean is the one who has deeper levels of trauma and personal issues. He just buries it deep. I want to see more of his vulnerable side. Not to the point where he gets all wishy washy, but just a glimpse inside...
      Oh...I agree with you. However, that seems to be typical of men. They may voice the things they have issues with, however, they never deal with them. Its just like..."Woo-hoo! We've said what bothers us! Now lets forget about it!"

I also agree that if I were Dean...I'd have major issues with myself. I think...in a way Sam sees Dean as "Dad."

Speaking of which...
      Spoiler:
      I about $he-yut a brick when Sam answered the phone at the end of the episode and says, "Dad?!" Was like why the frack did ya end the episode that way!"
      sigpic

Comment

I also would think that Dean would have serious issues about Sam shooting him. I think the only reason he gave him the supposedly loaded gun was to test him and see if he actually would pull the trigger.

I also think that Dean is a bit obsessed with doing everything their dad is tells them to. I think Sam has a good point in wondering why their dad just sends them to hunt things and doesn't ever talk to them or meet them in the places he sends them. I know Sam is already pissed with him but if I was Dean I would be starting to question things also. (more thoughts later)
        Andromeda Fate
        Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
        "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
        "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
        "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
        "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Dean is a freak about following Dad's Way because Dad's Way is the only life he's ever known. He wouldn't know how to function in the "normal world" and I think that, deep down, he's afraid he wouldn't be able to cut it.

There's also the fact that as long as they're following Dad's Way, it's keeping Dad alive. You can't question that, you can't risk deviating from that because doing so risks losing Dad forever. Dean worships his father, and not just for the reasons I listed above. Forward momentum is the only thing that keeps him going and if he slows up for a minute, he'll have to deal with all the demons he's been running from and confront the fact that his father might not be coming back. Now, granted, we know better, but Dean doesn't. I think he'd fall apart if anything happened to his father.

I'm also not sure Dean likes being a leader. Sure, it's a role he assumes easily and often, but because it's expected of him; it's what his father would want... and again, it's the only thing he knows how to do.

I dunno, maybe Dean IS all gung ho and living for the chase, but sometimes I think he has doubts... and he's avoiding dealing with that, too.

Or maybe I'm just projecting all kinds of things onto him that aren't there. Maybe appearances are pretty much what we see. But until I hear different, I'm going to assume that Dean is an emotionally complex, very conflicted individual hiding behind a mask of flippancy.

Comment

I think I've figured out what bugs me most about the writing. They tend to develop too much at the beginning of the episode then realize, "oh crap! We're almost out of time!" and then they have to quickly wrap up the ending making you feel unsatisfied, or giving you some "what the heck?" moments.

I used to have this problem in my own writing and am still working to remedy it.
            There are quite a few other shows that deal with the paranormal out there that manage to get quite a nice story arc within 45 minutes or so.

Anyways, back to the this weeks show. I've never tried rock salt bullets, but seeing as how it knocked Dean back through a wooden door I would think that it would have penetrated his skin. However, it didn't appear to have done that.
            I did like the line when one of the teenagers asked Sam if Dean was his boss. I knew that hit a nerve from the expression on Sam's face.

One last thing. Okay, nobody hate me, I looovvee Jensen Ackles, but I'm begining to think that Jared Padalecki (sp?) may be the better actor.
            Andromeda Fate
            Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
            "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
            "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
            "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
            "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate
              One last thing. Okay, nobody hate me, I looovvee Jensen Ackles, but I'm begining to think that Jared Padalecki (sp?) may be the better actor.
              I hate you.

Kidding, of course. I just can't get over Jared's dopey cross-eyed look. It grates every time I see him. I also get the feeling that- better actor or not- he's the one who is given a majority of the character development stuff. Dean is just there to ferry Sam from place to place and to make snarky comments. We get occasional glimpses of a deeper Dean (the choked-up call to dad, pleading for help), but it never leads anywhere and in the end, whatever it is, it's all about SAM.

Comment

I just can't wait to see what happens now that
                Spoiler:
                they've made contact with their Dad
                . It should be interesting to see how things develop from now on. What path this show is taking.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  I just can't wait to see what happens now that
                  Spoiler:
                  they've made contact with their Dad
                  . It should be interesting to see how things develop from now on. What path this show is taking.
                  True...I want to know what happens next! But it doesn't look like Supernatural is showing this week. Is it showing and I just missed the listing? I also don't remember a preview at the end of last week's episode.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                    True...I want to know what happens next! But it doesn't look like Supernatural is showing this week. Is it showing and I just missed the listing? I also don't remember a preview at the end of last week's episode.

According to TV Guide online, they're showing Wendigo again.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

That was a good one. Can't wait for a new ep though.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                        According to TV Guide online, they're showing Wendigo again.
                        There is a movie showing here on the WB on Tuesday. So, no episode at all
                        sigpic

Comment

Crap, that sucks. I think you're right.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                            There is a movie showing here on the WB on Tuesday. So, no episode at all
                            No new episodes until January, unfortunately.

Wendigo is on next week, after that I'm not sure if they're going to repeat some other episodes or show different programming. I'd like them to air the Pilot again, myself.

Comment

January! Oh, man. The injustice of it all!!
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                                January! Oh, man. The injustice of it all!!
                                Wow! That really stinks! No new SG-1 or SGA until January either! I may go into shock with no new episodes until then!

I was just wondering what would be a good "Christmas" episode of Supernatural? Of course, steering clear of the obvious Christmas Carol type of episode. Anyone have any thoughts?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X