Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Yeah, I don't think I could watch it again. urggh. I just finished Home.
    Spoiler:
    Very creepy, but the scene at the end with their mother was sweet.
    hehe i love mosurri (sp?) freaking dean out hehe
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      hehe i love mosurri (sp?) freaking dean out hehe
      I agree. Missouri was great.

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
        I agree. Missouri was great.
        That she was. Not to mention seeing their Dad at the end like that. There all along.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          That she was. Not to mention seeing their Dad at the end like that. There all along.
          yeah that was really cool!
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

yeah that was really cool!
            I remember being so surprised with that part. I couldn't believe he hadn't let his boys know he was there.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Dang, I hate to be the voice of dissent, but..

"Bugs" is one of my least favorite episode, if not the least. The "special effects" were mediocre at best, it was another cliche bug episode this genre seemingly is obligated to make, and despite my effort in explaining the midnight-to-sunrise-in-ten-minutes away, I just can't. That was a serious lapse of continuity WITHIN the episode that could easily have been fixed with some editing. Generally, I hated it, but like most Supernatural episodes, there were redeeming factors: the brotherly moments and the delving into the relationship their father had with them. And Dean in the towel.. lol. Ah, Dean.

"Skin" also had continuity issues, but I can actually handwave them away, or just ignore it, because they were explainable (is that a word?). And overall, it was a VERY enjoyable episode. I loved the shifter!Dean and Sam fight.

"Home" was okay. It contained one of the most gory scenes (at least to me.. couldn't watch it through the first time, had my eyes covered during that LONG, LONG scream) but that is not why it's only "okay". I think Dean's reactions to Missouri was amusing, but the woman continuely beat Dean down and patronized him while fawning all over Sam. Dean has a hard shell, yes, but the woman's supposedly psychic! She couldn't see pass that to sense the troubled and broken mess inside of him?

Anyway, now that we're all caught up with both seasons (right? Who here hasn't seen both season finales yet?) which finale did you guys prefer? It's a hard choice for me since both are powerful and satisfying in their own ways.. so I guess I can't really compare them. But if I HAVE to choose, I think "Devil's Trap" just edged out "All Hell... part 2", if only because it was followed by IMTOD.

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily View Post
                Dang, I hate to be the voice of dissent, but..

"Bugs" is one of my least favorite episode, if not the least. The "special effects" were mediocre at best, it was another cliche bug episode this genre seemingly is obligated to make, and despite my effort in explaining the midnight-to-sunrise-in-ten-minutes away, I just can't. That was a serious lapse of continuity WITHIN the episode that could easily have been fixed with some editing. Generally, I hated it, but like most Supernatural episodes, there were redeeming factors: the brotherly moments and the delving into the relationship their father had with them. And Dean in the towel.. lol. Ah, Dean.
                Yes, the "midnight-to-sunrise-in-ten-minutes" bugged me too. No pun intended. You're right about there being some good parts though. I loved Dean telling Sam he's like the blonde chick in the Adams family.

"Skin" also had continuity issues, but I can actually handwave them away, or just ignore it, because they were explainable (is that a word?). And overall, it was a VERY enjoyable episode. I loved the shifter!Dean and Sam fight.
                I agree-it was a great fight. I guess I can't so easily handwave the continuity issues here though, because it still bothers me how the girl could be in the house but then in the tunnels.

"Home" was okay. It contained one of the most gory scenes (at least to me.. couldn't watch it through the first time, had my eyes covered during that LONG, LONG scream) but that is not why it's only "okay". I think Dean's reactions to Missouri was amusing, but the woman continuely beat Dean down and patronized him while fawning all over Sam. Dean has a hard shell, yes, but the woman's supposedly psychic! She couldn't see pass that to sense the troubled and broken mess inside of him?
                I had to fastforward through that scene. And yeah, I was a little bothered about how Missouri treated Dean. Not enough to ruin the episode, but it did irritate me some.

Anyway, now that we're all caught up with both seasons (right? Who here hasn't seen both season finales yet?) which finale did you guys prefer? It's a hard choice for me since both are powerful and satisfying in their own ways.. so I guess I can't really compare them. But if I HAVE to choose, I think "Devil's Trap" just edged out "All Hell... part 2", if only because it was followed by IMTOD.
                Well, I'm not all caught up yet. I've seen all of Season 1 now, but there's still a fair chunk of Season 2 I haven't seen. I didn't start watching until "Roadkill". I don't know which finale is my favorite. They were both very good.

I think I have a better grasp on Sam and Dean's characters now, after watching S1. And I think I love Dean more than ever. It's all about family with Dean. The scene in Shadow when he realizes that Sam doesn't intend to stay after they kill the demon was absolutely heartbreaking. *cries for Dean*
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Hard for me to say which finale was better IMO. Both were very satisfying. Season 1's finale left you hanging more than Season 2 did. I'd probably go with "All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 2" though.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

season 1 was the best cliffhanger ever...
                    i would say in my top three of all times

season 2 i was more excited about going towards the final,
                    i think because i was new it was going to be freaking awesome
                    based on season 1's and it was.. it was great.

I had to fastforward through that scene. And yeah, I was a little bothered about how Missouri treated Dean. Not enough to ruin the episode, but it did irritate me some.
                    see i didn't mind that, cause it sort made me think she was trying to 'mother' him cause he needed some 'mothering'

i am sorry it bothered you though ((hugs))
                    Spoiler:

Comment

season 1 was the best cliffhanger ever...
                      i would say in my top three of all times
                      The Season 1 finale was indeed something special. I remember my jaw just dropped at the end, and it stayed that way for like a solid minute.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        The Season 1 finale was indeed something special. I remember my jaw just dropped at the end, and it stayed that way for like a solid minute.
                        i didn't see it coming at all... and apparently they didn't either hehe
                        Spoiler:

Comment

i am sorry it bothered you though ((hugs))
                          Oh it didn't bother me that much. But thanks for the hug anyway! The scene I fastforwarded through was the

Spoiler:
                          hand in the garbage disposal scene. Eerk.

Hey, what did you all think of the scene in Shadow where
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam says he's going to leave when the demon has been killed? Dean really broke my heart here.
                          I grow more and more impressed with JA's acting. He's really not just a pretty face!
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Sam says he's going to leave when the demon has been killed? Dean really broke my heart here.
                            I grow more and more impressed with JA's acting. He's really not just a pretty face!
                            i adore that so much! he is so expressive!
                            after this season's finale
                            Spoiler:
                            i uber highly doubt sammy would leave cause he has to save dean

*has fangirl moment*

is it september yet?

my friend who live in the uk bought the first half of season 2 on dvd... there are some extras... scenes that were cut.. man i'm going in to serious withdrawls

Here's the DVD Cover for the Season 2 Region 1DVDs that will be available from Sept. 11, 2007.

Season 2 DVD Cover - Region 1 (U.S. and Canada)

Plus, we have additional details concerning the bonus material those DVDs will include from MovieWeb:

"DVD Features:
                            - Commentary on "In My Time of Dying" by Executive Producer/Director, Kim Manners, Jared Padalecki ("Sam") and Jensen Ackles ("Dean")
                            - Commentary on "All Hell Breaks Loose" part I by Creator/Executive Producer Eric Kripke and Executive Producer/Director Robert Singer.
                            - The Devil's Road Map - An in depth look at the Urban Legends which inspired the series creator.
                            - Script to Screen: All Hell Breaks Loose part II - Season Finale - following one episode from concept to creation.
                            - Gag Reel
                            - Unaired scenes
                            - Jared Padalecki's Original Screen Test
                            - DVD-ROM enabled to link to special website content"
                            Last edited by parisindy; 29 May 2007, 08:10 PM.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Dean's emotional scenes breaks my heart every damn time. A LOT of it has to do with JA's skills as an actor, but I also think those scenes affects us (or me at least) so much is because we so rarely get a chance to see Dean unguarded enough to let out his grief and pain and sadness. That's a major reason why I hope they'll turn down the angst next season; we've had three episodes in a roll with emo!Dean and they all contained character breaking moments, and while I absolutely adored them, I'm just afraid those kind of scenes will lose their effectiveness in moving the audience if we're constantly bombarbed with them.

As to Sam
                              Spoiler:
                              and his leaving: I had half hoped that Sam wouldn't find out about The Deal right away because I wanted to see what he'd have done once the YED was dead, without strings attached. Would he really have gone back to school? What would Dean have done if he did? Would he ever tell Sam?
                              Questions, questions..

Comment

Dean's emotional scenes breaks my heart every damn time. A LOT of it has to do with JA's skills as an actor, but I also think those scenes affects us (or me at least) so much is because we so rarely get a chance to see Dean unguarded enough to let out his grief and pain and sadness. That's a major reason why I hope they'll turn down the angst next season; we've had three episodes in a roll with emo!Dean and they all contained character breaking moments, and while I absolutely adored them, I'm just afraid those kind of scenes will lose their effectiveness in moving the audience if we're constantly bombarbed with them.
                                true but they make me happy hehe and i would hate not to have them at all, but i totally see your point. Its just ...*attempts not to have an extreme fangirl moment and fails* Angsty dean is so freaking lovely ...hehe sorry about the gushing.

As to Sam
                                Spoiler:
                                and his leaving: I had half hoped that Sam wouldn't find out about The Deal right away because I wanted to see what he'd have done once the YED was dead, without strings attached. Would he really have gone back to school? What would Dean have done if he did? Would he ever tell Sam?
                                Questions, questions..
                                totally agree there
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X