Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm so glad they don't put them on the same night over here, i'd be so torn

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
      I agree with this. Considering what it was up against, SPN has done very well. I would think that the CW knows that and it's why SPN remains in that slot on Thursday's. There's just no way a sci-fi/paranormal genre show is going to win against a broader based main network show that is a big hit, and CSI and Grey's are huge powerhouses.

I think the show has a very good shot at making it to 5 seasons.
      I just look at it and think that they get a very solid audience against very strong competition and they'd likely not get anything that could do better in the slot. They're bright enough I think to know that a genre show like SPN isn't going to get a massive audience but as long as it holds its own then I think they're happy to keep it around. Besides genre shows also provide good merchandising opportunities which they're starting to exploit more now.

Tonight in the UK they've just shown Roadkill. I have to say that you get just how brilliant that episode is when you watch it the second time around. Writing, directing and acting are all perfect. You really get to see just how clever it is - how everything in the episode fits with what we and Molly think is going on AND with what is really going on.
      sigpic
      by Kaaatie

Comment

that episode in particular is great the second time you watch it, like you said you have a new perspective to view it all from

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
          I just look at it and think that they get a very solid audience against very strong competition and they'd likely not get anything that could do better in the slot. They're bright enough I think to know that a genre show like SPN isn't going to get a massive audience but as long as it holds its own then I think they're happy to keep it around. Besides genre shows also provide good merchandising opportunities which they're starting to exploit more now.

Tonight in the UK they've just shown Roadkill. I have to say that you get just how brilliant that episode is when you watch it the second time around. Writing, directing and acting are all perfect. You really get to see just how clever it is - how everything in the episode fits with what we and Molly think is going on AND with what is really going on.
          OMG roadkill is brilliant.......i was glued to the television.
          Spoiler:
          Bless sam when he has to tell her she was dead and that it's been 15 years since the crash....i was nearly crying.....also when dean got cut and flung against the wall of the shed bless him but he looked so good
          Last edited by Madeleine; 21 May 2007, 07:03 AM.

Comment

*closes eyes* can not read it can not read it. Must wait for dvds

Comment

lmfao haha i tell you supernatural rules hehe

Comment

oh i know it rules, just i havent seen that ep yet an u were givin a big detail away so had to close my eyes quick. tis cool tho, think i managed to save myself

Comment

lmfao awwww bless sorry well believe me you will enjoy it but for some reason it made me cry

Comment

could you maybe put the key bits in spoiler tags please, u know just incase theres someone else who hasnt seen it yet, thanks

Comment

that would be good rach, spoiler tags are ace for not ruining the plot

Comment

omg, i'm going to die.. super.emedian got shut down.. why?!?
                        OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                          I think the show has a very good shot at making it to 5 seasons.
                          I sure hope so. That'd be awesome! I'd even settle for 4 seasons.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Probably the same reason the atlantis sister site was shut down. I was distraught when I found too, its just not fair.

Comment

i am way dead for this 0.o
                              ok i started out doodling and ended up with dean chibis. my art is crap so meh. and i didnt have a scanner.... so i used my phone LOL anyway i made these for samlovinshep
                              Spoiler:

*runs away*
                              sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

I really enjoyed this season. Just finished watching the season finale eps. I'm actually eager to find out what's gonna happen next year - and not just for the great music!

When the show started, I wanted to check it out cuz I think Jensen is a good actor (and very handsome) and I like these kinda shows. But then it seemed the women characters were being used as cannon fodder too much - which was disturbing cuz the show is aimed at young women. That seems to have been calmed down at least a little bit.

This season's shows have been stronger and have kept me coming back. (It took a RUSH song in season one to get me to watch it. ) Now, I enjoy the show in general. I like the standalone eps more than the mythology eps (the yelloweyed demon ones),
                                Spoiler:
                                but now that demon is dead,

I think next year is wide open.

Music-wise, I've always been impressed with the show. Since the show, as I said earlier, is aimed at a younger audience, which is not me, I was very pleased at the fine selection of songs. The choices have been very strong and connect well with the show. I loved their use of Styx's Renegade in Nightshifter. (Yeah, I've loved that song for almost 30 years!)

Hell House was hilarious to me because I kept thinking throughout the ep, "Uh, if you had someone there who was 5-10 yrs older, he would've solved the mystery in one minute!" I mean, the BOC symbol? Icon of a generation or more rockers. Can't believe Dean didn't know it.

Are songs used considered spoilerish? Since I'm not sure, I'm spoilering the following. Referring to music in the 2-part season finale.

Spoiler:
                                I thought their use of Boston's Foreplay/Long Time and Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son were not only perfect choices for these eps, but they were blended into the show very seamlessly and elegantly. I was very impressed. Then to end the 2-parter with Boston's Don't Look Back - great bookend!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                                X