Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
    I love Wayward son and I agree about it being so the theme for the show, it's perfect.

I can't wait for season 2 on dvd's, they said there will be a great gag reel and that is like my favorite part of extras. I loved the finale, it was a complete home run for me, hands down.
    i am looking forward to the extra/missing scenes
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

BTW, was I the only one who gave a joyful squee of "Devil's Tower!!" when they pulled out that map of Wyoming... and was then horribly, brutally crushed when the location wound up being just some moldy old cemetary?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        BTW, was I the only one who gave a joyful squee of "Devil's Tower!!" when they pulled out that map of Wyoming... and was then horribly, brutally crushed when the location wound up being just some moldy old cemetary?
        erm eh? sorry hehe i am confused.. though thats not unusual hehe
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

*ducks and hides* OK ok guys! I'm sorry I said anything about Wayward Son! I honestly had never heard the song before, and had no idea it was a theme song for the show!

Forgive me? Please?
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            erm eh? sorry hehe i am confused.. though thats not unusual hehe
            Devil's Tower, Wyoming. National landmark made famous by Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Think "mashed potatoes."

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              *ducks and hides* OK ok guys! I'm sorry I said anything about Wayward Son! I honestly had never heard the song before, and had no idea it was a theme song for the show!

Forgive me? Please?
              well it unofficial and if you don't like you don't like we still loves ya!
              (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Devil's Tower, Wyoming. National landmark made famous by Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

http://www.trashcansutra.com/archives/RoadTrip727-10.jpg[/IMG]

Think "mashed potatoes."

http://todd.cleverchimp.com/blog/images/story_potatoSculpt.jpg[/IMG]
              ahh hehe that explains a lot hehe as i am not American and have never watched close encounters though i had always though i should one day hehe

i love finding connections to the show though i think thats very cool

what is the history behind this rock thing? does anyone know?
              Spoiler:

Comment

what is the history behind this rock thing? does anyone know?
                Wiki's entry on Devil's Tower.

It's probably safe to say that only scifi geeks and maybe hiking/park lovers are likely to know about the Tower. Close Encounters is my second all-time favorite scifi movie (Abyss is first) which is the only reason I've heard about it.

Doesn't have anything to do with Supernatural, though, I just thought it'd be cool if that's where the boys had to go. I mean, come on, Devil's Tower?! It even sounds evil!

Comment

It's probably safe to say that only scifi geeks and maybe hiking/park lovers are likely to know about the Tower. Close Encounters is my second all-time favorite scifi movie (Abyss is first) which is the only reason I've heard about it.

Doesn't have anything to do with Supernatural, though, I just thought it'd be cool if that's where the boys had to go. I mean, come on, Devil's Tower?! It even sounds evil!
                  ooo very interesting it would have been cool to have had some sort of connection

i really should watch that movie lol
                  Spoiler:

Comment

It definitely does sound evil.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      It definitely does sound evil.
                      Quick! someone write a fanfic!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I've heard of Devil's Tower, but it's been a long time. Haven't seen Close Encounters though.

It didn't occur to me until you mentioned it, but you're right - it would have been cool.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

i repeat! quick someone write a fanfic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Ack, don't apologize for that! 1)You didn't know and 2) It's not the official theme song, I don't think.. just.. fans get excited by it Oh, and 3) Your opinion of the song itself is as valid as anybody's.

I don't care for a lot of the songs in Supernatural(not a rock fan) but those songs are such a part of the show and sets such a wonderful tone to it that I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quick! someone write a fanfic!
                            Haha, that was my first thought! Now that "Devil's Tower" has been brought up, I really hope the boys will visit it.. though I highly doubt they'd have the budget to actually go film on location.

I saw "Encounters" when I was really young and the only part of that movie that stuck was the mash potato thing. Being foreign born, I never had mash potato for dinner before and at the time I was wondering what the hell they were.

ETA: Ooooh, I've been giving it more thought and I would so love it if one day they will have the boys in a desert. I mean, I know it'd be hard and all to film that up there.. but c'mon.. I want to see them in some Arizona desert and Dean *****ing to Sam about the heat.

Comment

Haha, that was my first thought! Now that "Devil's Tower" has been brought up, I really hope the boys will visit it.. though I highly doubt they'd have the budget to actually go film on location.
                              hehe i got to say well being canadian its funny seeing things that are so 'b.c' pretending to be the usa, but i was a little sad in the movie on that they didn't actually go to WB studios, but only cause i was there this past fall and i was dying to see them in the same place i saw. But the 'weather' joke made up for it even though the 'funny' episodes are not mt fav.

I saw "Encounters" when I was really young and the only part of that movie that stuck was the mash potato thing. Being foreign born, I never had mash potato for dinner before and at the time I was wondering what the hell they were.
                              heheheheeh thats cute hehe

ETA: Ooooh, I've been giving it more thought and I would so love it if one day they will have the boys in a desert. I mean, I know it'd be hard and all to film that up there.. but c'mon.. I want to see them in some Arizona desert and Dean *****ing to Sam about the heat.
                              ooo brilliant can i pick the song!? 'horse with no name'
                              man an eppy like that would just scream whump! hehe
                              Spoiler:

Comment

ooo brilliant can i pick the song!? 'horse with no name'
                                To which Dean's response would be, "It's official, I'm in Hell."

Comment

Working...
                                X