Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Some quick thoughts on the finale:
    i'm sorry killdeer ((hugs)) to me it seemed perfect,.. that song has so become supernaturals theme song to me, so when it started i couldn't help but grin
    Last edited by parisindy; 18 May 2007, 07:32 PM.
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      Gotta say, while I was craving more of a cliffhanger, this would have worked very well as a series finale. I'm glad it isn't, of course, but it would have been clever.
      Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I think last week's would have been a better season finale. This week's episode, while still awesome, felt slightly anticlimactic after the gutwrenching drama of last week's last scene.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I think last week's would have been a better season finale. This week's episode, while still awesome, felt slightly anticlimactic after the gutwrenching drama of last week's last scene.
        Mmmm.... it was anticlimactic, yes, but if they'd left it at Sam dying in Dean's arms, I think I'd have gone absolutely Bursar bonkers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Mmmm.... it was anticlimactic, yes, but if they'd left it at Sam dying in Dean's arms, I think I'd have gone absolutely Bursar bonkers.
          Oh yeah.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

When Kripke was writing the episode, he didn't know yet whether the series was going to be renewed. He couldn't leave the end of the series as Sam dying and Dean being all alone. If he kills off his main characters, he'll kill both of them off. He'll never leave one alive without the other.

Comment

I think maybe it meant more to people more familiar with the show, or the song.
              Oh, definitely. This song is SO.. well, the show. It practically defined the theme from last year. At least to me.. I had no idea the montage will be played with "Wayward Son" and I almost jumped for joy when I heard it.

OT: Is "bursar" a reference to Discworld?

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still coming to grips with the fact that there won't be any new episodes for quite a while now. While I loved the finale, and thought this season was totally awesome, I'm almost a little sad now that it is all said and done.

At least, that is, until Season 3 begins.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily View Post
                  OT: Is "bursar" a reference to Discworld?
                  Yep. And I'm gonna need a whole lotta dried frog pills to get me through till next season.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm still coming to grips with the fact that there won't be any new episodes for quite a while now. While I loved the finale, and thought this season was totally awesome, I'm almost a little sad now that it is all said and done.

At least, that is, until Season 3 begins.
                    we are borg! i so agree! *sniffle* i miss it already
                    Last edited by parisindy; 18 May 2007, 07:51 PM.
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily View Post
                      I had no idea the montage will be played with "Wayward Son" and I almost jumped for joy when I heard it.
                      Me too. Supernatural has an uncanny knack for using great classic rock.
                      Well, great music in general. In one of the first scenes at Ellen's you could just barely hear Muse's 'Supermassive Black Hole' on the jukebox.
                      And I do love me some Muse.
                      sigpic
                      David Fangirldom Times Two...Potentially Dangerous, But I'm On It.
                      "You can't fly a Dalek! There's people in there..."--David Hewlett

Comment

It'll be playing twice a week over the summer. Thursdays and Sundays at 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                          It'll be playing twice a week over the summer. Thursdays and Sundays at 9.
                          ack lucky duck! man i can't freaking wait till the dvd's come out!
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I also can't wait for the DVDs. I will be watching those re-runs when I can, but only to boost viewership ('cause it airs in full screen and I HATE that. There's always something or someone cut off.. annoys the heck out of me).

I also hope that there will be a Paley-like bonus DVD this season. I didn't know about it when I bought my 1st season set.. or else I'd have paid the higher priced boxset from Bestbuy :/

Comment

I love Wayward son and I agree about it being so the theme for the show, it's perfect.

I can't wait for season 2 on dvd's, they said there will be a great gag reel and that is like my favorite part of extras. I loved the finale, it was a complete home run for me, hands down.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't like the song Wayward Son (as in I wouldn't listen to it if it was on the radio) but I think it's appropriate for the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X