The permanent way.

Could still happen.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
      The 100 way or the Grey's Anatomy way.

Spoiler:
      He says they'll find a way to separate them, and not to break them up. And they are open for her return.
      Spoiler:
      That might be a good path for those of us who don't watch this kind of show for romantic content. Maggie goes away, but they remain a couple so Alex doesn't start up with anyone else.
      Yes, I'd call that a win. If I want to watch relationship stuff, I can watch Grey's Anatomy.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Spoiler:
        That might be a good path for those of us who don't watch this kind of show for romantic content. Maggie goes away, but they remain a couple so Alex doesn't start up with anyone else.
        Yes, I'd call that a win. If I want to watch relationship stuff, I can watch Grey's Anatomy.
        If the current rumors are true, this is not the case.

Comment

It will never be the case with modern TV.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

If they break up Alex and Maggie (seriously? One relationship and they are engaged after like five months of dating?!) and tone down the relationship crap in general then I might actually return to the show.

Seriously. After the fourth season **** up of Arrow I was looking forward to all four shows coming back strong. Flash devolved into mediocrity and Supergirl got bogged down in the same crap that Arrow did for two seasons (but with a coming out twist that I got tired of by the second episode because of how obvious it was becoming). Only Legends and Arrow had strong seasons last TV season, and that's at least partially because they didn't focus on the sappy ****.

CW shows could have some ludicrously good shows if they would focus on quality stuff rather than listening to the shipping crowds.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              If they break up Alex and Maggie (seriously? One relationship and they are engaged after like five months of dating?!) and tone down the relationship crap in general then I might actually return to the show.

Seriously. After the fourth season **** up of Arrow I was looking forward to all four shows coming back strong. Flash devolved into mediocrity and Supergirl got bogged down in the same crap that Arrow did for two seasons (but with a coming out twist that I got tired of by the second episode because of how obvious it was becoming). Only Legends and Arrow had strong seasons last TV season, and that's at least partially because they didn't focus on the sappy ****.

CW shows could have some ludicrously good shows if they would focus on quality stuff rather than listening to the shipping crowds.
              You have such romantic expectations on these CW shows (pun intended). Floriana is going away, so Alex and Maggie will cease to exist, but the accurately named "Lames" relationship is slowly in the works, Mon-hell will come back
              Spoiler:
              with a wife according to the rumours
              so more relationship drama is in the works.

I think if they really pair Lena with James, then my suspension of disbelief has just reached its limits. Because I can imagine a person flying, and being bulletproof because the yellow sun, but imagining chemistry between Lena and James is just too much.
              sigpic

Comment

Alex/Maggie had so little actual development. Then they'rs suddenly engaged

I'm a shipper but I agree with you. Once they killed Olicity the show improved a great deal. Coincidence? I mean i'm not against romance on the show (if they get someone in who can actually write it), but have it in moderation. Don't turn it into Supergirl 90210. Season 2 was like a lovefest

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                You have such romantic expectations on these CW shows (pun intended). Floriana is going away, so Alex and Maggie will cease to exist, but the accurately named "Lames" relationship is slowly in the works, Mon-hell will come back
                Spoiler:
                with a wife according to the rumours
                so more relationship drama is in the works.

I think if they really pair Lena with James, then my suspension of disbelief has just reached its limits. Because I can imagine a person flying, and being bulletproof because the yellow sun, but imagining chemistry between Lena and James is just too much.
                Please don't. I'm still hoping Lames is a cruel joke. We can't even enjoy a few eps without Manchild
                Spoiler:
                Even when he's not there it's all about him I am hoping those rumours of him coming back married are true though. At least that way Karmel will be dead
                sigpic

Comment

I happen to like Sanvers and Karamel. And I'm very sad they don't take those a little more serious.

Queerbaiting 101 once again.

Comment

I initially liked Sanvers, but it essentially became a token gay couple. It didn't get anything in the way of proper development. Alex got turned into a love sick puppy and Maggie got turned into a love interest. As for Karmel, well I have issues with the type of person they wrote Mon- El as and wasn 't happy they'd pair that kind of guy with our resident superhero. I'd rather she be with someone who trusts and respects her. But these guysseem incapable of writing good romance. I shouldn't be surprised as these are the guys that said the split up Kara/James because it wasn't "dramatic enough"
                    sigpic

Comment

Making things up again Linda
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Never Jel
                        sigpic

Comment

I remember about your memory problems even if you don't
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah...No. We already had one character turn gay with the move to CW. Turning two would be out of place and incredibly forced.

DC already got away with turning one major character gay in their TV shows (Penguin) and allowed for other changes to be made as well (Mr. Terrific, etc). I highly doubt they would approve of that change being made to Supergirl after all of this. Save it for the new characters like Alex, but for gods sake write it better (like Penguin, in my opinion).
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah...No. We already had one character turn gay with the move to CW. Turning two would be out of place and incredibly forced.

DC already got away with turning one major character gay in their TV shows (Penguin) and allowed for other changes to be made as well (Mr. Terrific, etc). I highly doubt they would approve of that change being made to Supergirl after all of this. Save it for the new characters like Alex, but for gods sake write it better (like Penguin, in my opinion).
                              I don't think there's anything to worry about in that regards. Assuming you're talking about SuperCorp, I love them but it's never gonna happen. I have a bad feeling they are gonna develop their friendship and later destroy it by turning it into the female Superman/Lex. Most of them hate SuperCorp anyway so it'll be no skin off their nose to destroy their friendship
                              sigpic

Comment

You say this as if it's a bad thing. Or did you have a nice boy for Alex in mind?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X