• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoyed wants the old shows where characters were emotionless robots
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
      You surely don't want it cancelled, do you?
      No, I do not want it cancelled. But I don't watch a show of this genre for romantic content.

Comment

To me a lot of SG feels like Lois and Clark, loved that show. They too did some romantic stuff.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          No, I do not want it cancelled. But I don't watch a show of this genre for romantic content.
          Comic book?

Thor mooning over Jane Foster............
          Superman mooning over Lois Lane...........
          Batman being emotionally distraught of his parents death......
          Punisher driven by the murder of his family by mobsters..........
          Professor X wanting the world to be a better place for all........
          Arrow wanting to right his fathers wrongs......
          Daredevil wanting to fight for Justice........
          Ghost rider selling his soul to help his father (or brother)..........
          Tony stark trying to make things "work" with Pepper Potts.........
          Spider man doing anything for Mary Jane Watson.........

Why do you watch this stuff at all??
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Of the franchises you mention, I only have watched Batman (you forgot Vicki Vale) Spiderman, Superman and Iron Man.

These franchises generally have one significant relationship, usually between the hero and some person that motivates them, and those relationships are often not romantic.

SG seems to want to make the relationship stuff far more pronounced. How many different pairings have they set up on this show? Hell, they even tried to fix the technology nerd up.

Comment

I guess we are going to ignore how Superman and Spiderman married their significant other. Nothing romantic about that
              Jelgate is right

Comment

But those romances, were not all 'front and center'..

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Well, it's the CW. The only shows without "all acting like a bunch of heartsick teenagers in the high school cafeteria." are the cancelled ones.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Yup, it's been marked on my calendar to download tomorrow.

Some folks are going to be happy this season, others not so much.
                    I'm happy i'll see Katie McGrath again, and i'll be happy if certain rumours become reality
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I guess we are going to ignore how Superman and Spiderman married their significant other. Nothing romantic about that
                      I don't mind romance in shows but good grief Sg was like love island last season
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        But those romances, were not all 'front and center'..
                        Neither are these so your point is unimportant
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Neither are these so your point is unimportant
                          The Kara/Mon-El relationship was one of the primary plots of the back half of season 2, I'd consider that pretty front and center. I'm OK with relationships in moderation, but I think they focused on it a bit too much. Not as much as Oliver/Felicity in Season 4 where it took over the show, but closer to that than I'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                            The Kara/Mon-El relationship was one of the primary plots of the back half of season 2, I'd consider that pretty front and center. I'm OK with relationships in moderation, but I think they focused on it a bit too much. Not as much as Oliver/Felicity in Season 4 where it took over the show, but closer to that than I'd like.
                            There was Kara/Mon-El, Alex/Maggie and winn/Lyra. Then you had J'onn pining for M'gann. Only one that didn't try to hook up with anyone is poor James Instead he got dumped before the romance even had a chance to start
                            sigpic

Comment

You are mistaken. The primary plot of the back half of S2 was the Daxamite invasion
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

You are mistaken. The primary plot of the back half of S2 was the Daxamite invasion

That's why I said "one of" and the main reason for the invasion was Mon-El refusing to go back to Daxam with his mother because of his relationship with Kara. Plus the non-Daxamite focused episode with the Myxy love triangle and the Supergirl plot developments from the musical crossover.

Like I said, I'm OK with relationships in moderation and am a big fan of how they've been handling the Alex/Maggie relationship, but the Mon-El one seems like too much too fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X