No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my lordy lordy! I was not expecting that!
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

So we're gretting Hera backstory in this too! Guessing the Bad Batch will be the ones to get her to the resistance

Comment

How many episodes are there this season, and is it confirmed for a 2nd?

Comment

13 eps, and they are all worth it
          It does go a little sideways at some points, but the overall storyline works and BEGs for a second series, and I can't wait
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think theres 16 as 15 came out today and its part 1 of 2 of the finale

EDIT: Oh and theres a 2nd season
            Last edited by Teddybrown; 07 August 2021, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Will be interesting what they do with a 2nd season!

Comment

25 episodes down (S2 E9) and it seems to have lost its way.

It's more about Omega & friends getting in and out of trouble.
                But maybe I am missing the point & that is what it is supposed to be.
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Have to disagree. The writers are building up to something.

My theory is Rex and Echo are off laying the groundwork for something that'll help clones get away from the Empire, but they need to rest of the team to stay out of the way and off the grid for the time being.

Hence the Havoc Marauder being stolen. Only someone with the access codes and/or serious hacking skills would be able to bypass the security on a Republic Military combat vessel.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

You may be right BruTak in your supposition, and you probably are. But look how many episodes there have been that are nothing to do with advancing the clones situation and are just 'filler' to make the series drag out longer and keep people paying more in subscriptions.

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      Have to disagree. The writers are building up to something.

My theory is Rex and Echo are off laying the groundwork for something that'll help clones get away from the Empire, but they need to rest of the team to stay out of the way and off the grid for the time being.

Hence the Havoc Marauder being stolen. Only someone with the access codes and/or serious hacking skills would be able to bypass the security on a Republic Military combat vessel.
                      Its like this every season, Clone Wars and Rebles were the same in this regard a bit as well; draggy at the first half and then they get going into more meaningful issues

thinking the same as tothe heist of their ship; also, what that other Mob guy said about Cid at the races- that she will ultimately turn on the Batch. I had been thinking that she would sell them off to the first Imperial agent for a good price as soon as they become a burden for her

Will probably pick up in about 2 -3 eps

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                        You may be right BruTak in your supposition, and you probably are. But look how many episodes there have been that are nothing to do with advancing the clones situation and are just 'filler' to make the series drag out longer and keep people paying more in subscriptions.
                        Subs, but that IS their business right? If they don't make money we get nothing. DISNEY just took a big hit too, and, surprisingly it was not from their programming issues/ content choices but from their loss of being able to carry Cricket matches in India and other parts of Asia

in some methodology of programming, in those Nations, to be able to watchthose matches, one had to sub to DISNEY + to get HOTSTAR cricket coverage

Brilliant strategy on DISNEY/ABC/ ESPN etc's part- while it lasted. Capture all of those cricket fans in the hopes they would stay after for the other content, maybe some did but not enough

In its biggest-ever quarterly loss, streaming service Disney+Hotstar lost 3.8 Mn subscribers in the October-December quarter of 2022, months after it lost the digital media rights of the Indian Premier League (IPL).​
                        https://inc42.com/buzz/disneyhotstar...0League%20(IPL).

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post

Subs, but that IS their business right? If they don't make money we get nothing.
                          On that you agree with me, it is all about the money, the quantity not the quality.
                          I am not in the least interested in Cricket so I would not subscribe to get cricket, but that is me.
                          Now, if they could finish what they start without taking us all round the houses, that would be good.
                          I was happily watching The Mandolorian for 2 seasons, before they stopped it to release The Booik of Bobba Fett, or at least a chapter (for me books are longer than just 5 hours viewing).
                          Then did we get back to The Mandolorian. .... No, we went on to Obi Wan Kenobi, one season 6 episodes, then Andor one season 12 episodes, & a way to go before Rogue one.

How can we get any continuity, jumping all over the place. And Osaka Tano on the horizon.
                          And we will not see Cara Dune because she WAS not politically correct, nothing to do with Star Wars, or her fellow actors, but she was fired. Better they complete one series before the actors die of old age or get banned by the PC brigade digging up past indiscretions.

(Sorry. this should have been posted in 'Pet Peeves' in Off Topic.)

I know aCg1YkF.gif

​ ​

Comment

Oh well, so much for my theory of why the Marauder was stolen.

But young Benni (the thief) must have some serious hacking skills in order to disable the security on a Republic combat shuttle.
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks to me like The Bad Batch are getting back on track. I think they will rescue the Camino scientist, catch up with Rex & get all the remaining clones reprogrammed.

​ ​

Comment

Ok, my prediction for the grand finale.

A massive ground battle between the Bad Batch and their allies on one side, and the Imperial forces on the other.

Sort of like in "Saving Private Ryan".

A last ditch attempt to get Omega to safety.

One by one, the members of Clone Force 99 are picked off by their enemies until only a mortally wounded Wrecker is left.

Hemlock struts forward, makes a few snide remarks about Wrecker being the "big, stupid one".
                                Wrecker draws his combat knife, grabs Hemlock, guts him like a fish, then the two die in a hail of blaster fire...

Freeze frame.

Voice over from Omega - "That was the last time I saw my brothers. They died so that we could live, and be free."

Fade up to reveal a now grown up Omega (say early 20s) telling the story of her life, and that of the Bad Batch, to a group of surviving clones and clone cadets.

THE END
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X