Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mandalorian: Speculation/Discussion (please tag spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

That instagram post was the last drop. The news outlets make it look like that was the only thing she's being punished for. She wasn't. Lucasfilm/Disney was well in their right to terminate her contract, and I'm surprised they didn't do it a lot sooner, considering some of her posts.

I have liked Cara Dune very much and think Gina did a wonderful job giving her a voice, bringing her to life.
    But I agree with her termination. Opinions such as hers have no place in a company like Disney/Lucasfilm. She's a public figure and should have known better, but we all know common sense goes out the window sometimes.

Freedom of speech is all well and good, but sometimes it helps to think before you post.

Also... you may not like it but employers have every right to kick your ass out the door when your views don't align with the company's policy (and that applies to every part of the spectrum, left to right and right to left). Especially companies which have a reputation to uphold in the public eye. Bad publicity, in whatever form, is not good for the numbers, by which I mean the revenu.
    I did not type word one regarding the ability of an employer to fire a employee for any reason or no reason at all

but this SJW crusade against her --social justice warrior-- has been going on for a long time.. first it was something about her not supporting trans athletes competing in women's sports---- women's sports should be for women only

then they were on her about her refusing to list her "pronouns" on her twitter acct--the SJW's got very mad because all the other cast members listed their pronouns when pressured but she didn't

then this .. and, as I DID TYPE all she did was recount history... how the nazis whipped up public frenzy to a point where the jews were 'cancelled" first socially and economically, then literally cancelled= killed

maybe her analogy is a bit histrionic, but it IS her right to say as she will, it is her speech and opinion

she spoke out against cancel culture and got cancelled-- her point proven. obviously she was not that attached to her job with DISNEY or she would have just shut up awhile ago, posted her 'pronouns' and then locked step with the mob

--------------------------------------------------------
    use your own words... you should be able to- what PRECISELY did she type that was so "outrageous/hateful"? again, is recounting history hateful or dangerous? i sure the hell hope not or we are all screwed

Comment

I am not buying into the previous post(s) because I have no idea what was said, or why. I presume it was the same as happened to Jonny Depp who went to court because of his wife, which had nothing to do with The Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise or Fantastic Beasts franchise or the other actors therein, but he too lost his job.

I am getting withdrawal symptoms. Can anybody enlighten me and tell me when The Mandolorian will be back? (with or without any of the cast who upset Disney)
      And, if I can ask more, When the Bobba Fett spin-off is to be expected please?
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
        I am getting withdrawal symptoms. Can anybody enlighten me and tell me when The Mandolorian will be back? (with or without any of the cast who upset Disney)
        No idea when The Mandalorian will be back, but the Boba Fett Spin-off will start in December. I think I saw that it would begin around the 23rd.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

ThankYouScroll.gif FH, what would I do without you?

​ ​

Comment

FH, what would I do without you?[/SIZE]
            There would have been someone else to help you out.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I am not buying into the previous post(s) because I have no idea what was said, or why. I presume it was the same as happened to Jonny Depp who went to court because of his wife, which had nothing to do with The Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise or Fantastic Beasts franchise or the other actors therein, but he too lost his job.

Boba Fett i believe is dec 29th although, DISNEY+ ppl are said to have moved 'new episode day' for all shows to fridays, so, could be why i have also heard the 24th

this woman on youtube has some pretty accurate SW's stuff. she pretty much focuses on the tv series'

S3 of Mandalorian is said to start doing some early production next month with main filing to be done after filming for ANDOR and OBI WAN KENOBI is done

looking for a possible 0ct 2022 release for S3 with the Ahsoka series not long behind. this is just her most recent Mando video, she usually releases a vid every other day or so

[VIDEO]<a class="vglnk" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn37TE039Gw&amp;t=185s[/VIDEO" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>www</span><span>.</span><span>youtube</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>watch</span><span>?</span><span>v</span><span>=</span><span>Jn37TE039Gw</span><span>&amp;</span><span>t</span><span>=</span><span>185s</span><span>[/</span><span>VIDEO</span></a>]

this is the last series release schedule i got from her and another source, i copy and pasted it here from a post i made elsewhere:

AHSOKA S1 (still being coy about limited or repeating series) tentative release for march or april 22. Mikkleson as Thrawn and that other guy cast as Ezra Bridger ,and no doubt someone cast as Sabine Wren, will have a part in it

and ANDOR (Cassian Andor- rebel spy and assassin from ROGUE 1) with same actor and Alan Tudyk at some point cast to reprise his droid pal, tentative air in early 22

the YT peeps are still talking about some "secret" series to come out in 22. one that is being made alongside-thus "hidden"- like a 'black ops project'- the other shows. No idea on that, not banking on it

---------------------------------
              did you watch BAD BATCH? this and all the other shows will all be connected to a main theme- one that is looking like it is leading to Thrawn emerging as the new Villain and, in some way "replacing" the First Order and Palpatine's efforts we saw in ep 9

seems that Filoni has plans, and has had them ever since he wore the "Ahsoka lives" t-shirt to that SW's event- to use Ahsoka and other characters, all of whom we will see in these shows, using the 'world between worlds' to undo Palpatine's plans. Making Thrawn the new enemy, close to the way it was in the Thrawn Trilogy of books

Gatefan1976 knows about Thrawn, if he still around this forum

Comment

Thank you magi877 for your reply, the video was most interesting.
                I really must broaden my SW watching. So far I have limited myself to the TV series plus Rogue 1 and Solo. I know nothing (apart from the fact they exist) of the Clone Wars and Rebels. Now I will go see if I can 'acquire' episodes and hibernate while I absorb their content.

​ ​

Comment

I really must broaden my SW watching. So far I have limited myself to the TV series plus Rogue 1 and Solo. I know nothing (apart from the fact they exist) of the Clone Wars and Rebels. Now I will go see if I can 'acquire' episodes and hibernate while I absorb their content.
                  I recommend the local library, they should have Rebels and Clone Wars on DVD there. So aquiring those episodes {and maybe some Lothcats!} should be easy

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

no problem, your welcome

i suppose if you never watch the SW's movies ep 7.8.9 then you do need to get into the "why" of (and if its done) the "undoing" of them in these shows

there are other informative YT'rs, but SW's meg i find to be brief and on point, others tend to ramble

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post

I recommend the local library, they should have Rebels and Clone Wars on DVD there. So aquiring those episodes {and maybe some Lothcats!} should be easy
                      its all on disney+as well, if you have access to it

Comment

I do not have 'paid TV', as in Disney+, Amazon, Netflix, You tube, et al. It would cost too much to subscribe to them all magi887.

I have found both Rebels & The Clone Wars on line Princess Awinita, and you Lothcats are awesome

​ ​

Comment

I have found both Rebels & The Clone Wars on line Princess Awinita, and you Lothcats are awesome
                          *Bongos on a stormtrooper helmet*

WELCOME TO LOTHAL: WE HAVE LOTHCATS

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

If you're not watching The Book of Boba Fett you might want to watch episode 5. It's basically a whole episode dedicated to The Mandalorian which is a bit surprising and looks like he'll be sticking around and may...
                            Spoiler:
                            be bringing Grogu back

Comment

Well, chalk up episode six to watch too, this is quickly becoming The Mandalorian season 2.5...

Comment

But this is standard these days.
                                We had Stargate, good show. So let's do a spinoff, Atlantis, but bring in SG1 members.
                                Star Wars, the Skywalker saga. Spinoff The Mandolorian, let's include Skywalker & R2D2 and Asoka Tano..
                                Spinoff The Book of Boba Fett, we'll bring in Mando, and young skywalker, and Asoka.
                                We know how everybody loves crossovers.

I remember going to the saturday matinees as a kid and seeing Superman, or Batman. Not both together, I get the distinct feeling they did not know each other even existed. Now they are bundled up together with He Man, Thor, Loki, Captain America, et al.

Star Wars is set in a large galaxy (where everybody that matters speaks English) so to get them all together in one place beggers belief.

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X