Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EA Hints At New Star Wars Battlefront Game
    Tuesday May 21, 2013
    GameSpot has a new article about the Battlefront series. Electronic Arts has teased that one of its multiple in-development Star Wars titles is an all-new Battlefront game. Speaking today during the Stifel 2013 Technology Conference, CFO Blake Jorgensen offered the hint.

"The opportunity to do a new Battlefront, for example, which is one of the very popular Star Wars games, or some of the other traditional games that were made, is very exciting."

Star Wars: Battlefront III, despite never actually being announced, was reportedly 99 percent complete, though this claim was contested.

Jorgensen further explained that its new Star Wars games stand to benefit from the marketing potential at Disney, a company that owns many consumer-focused enterprises like amusement parks, film studios, cruise lines, and media outlets.

He also reiterated that EA's new Star Wars games will not be based specifically on any of the upcoming Star Wars films, though they may release near them to leverage the marketing opportunity.

"These aren't movie games, per se, these are standalone games," Jorgensen said. "But obviously they would come out near the movies and be able to tailgate off of some of the buzz that will be created around the new Star Wars movies.
    Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

The first Knights Of The Old Republic game is now on the iPad

Comment

EA is not that bad, guys.
        Hell, the Harry Potter video game series was really well done. For the most part.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts#Criticism
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hell, the Harry Potter video game series was really well done. For the most part.
            EA is very bad, there is a reason it got "Worst Company in America" two years in a row! The first three Harry Potter games were great, after that not so much. EA doesn't really make games anymore anyways, just publishes.

Comment

Well, the games from EA that I've played tend to be good. But maybe I've just been really lucky.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Well, the games from EA that I've played tend to be good. But maybe I've just been really lucky.
                EA has published good games, sure. But not really developed their own in a long time. Its not necessarily the games that EA gets a bad rep for but the practices they have for their games. Micro-transactions, DRM for PC titles (and maybe even console titles for the new generation), and Online Passes(which are gone now I guess), plus some others I'm sure EA has done. EA and Capcom should be friends when it comes to shady practices.

Comment

I don't know if anyone is watching the E3 EA event right now, but they just revealed that DICE is working on a new Battlefront game. It wasn't much more than a teaser, but apparently it's using the Frostbite 3 engine.

Strangely, it wasn't numbered. The title art just presented it as 'Star Wars Battlefront'
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Rumor by word of mouth concerning EA Games and Star Wars game titles; You can all take it as you like

Originally posted by A Rumor Heard on the Street
                    EA will be publishing more Star Wars Titles, but they wont be making them in house. They will put their brand on the cases, and also with LucasArts; which is still a brand.
                    I do not know about you guys, but I wonder what this could entail

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I don't know if anyone is watching the E3 EA event right now, but they just revealed that DICE is working on a new Battlefront game. It wasn't much more than a teaser, but apparently it's using the Frostbite 3 engine.

Strangely, it wasn't numbered. The title art just presented it as 'Star Wars Battlefront'
                      Yeah, interesting. Does a good job of teasing the teaser does.

Comment

I thought Battlefront III was 99% complete.
                        Does that mean that EA will slap a new title on the box, pretend that they're developing a different game(whilst actually just drinking coffee and eating donuts) and then release that?

Comment

It's not BF3; the BF3 that Free Radical was making is gone.

Comment

That's... sad.

Comment

Yea this is not good news im not a fan of EA at all but hopefully the next game has more options. I miss the old games where you could pick your path to be a Jedi or a Sith.
                              sigpic
                              Kenton Canada

Comment

do you play TOR K-A?
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X