Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/yoda-solo-film/
    Hmm, an individual movie based on Yoda you say?

Comment

I'm not counting on that one. The rumour mill seems to have started spinning this one based on a post at AICN by one of their authors who's notorious for just making s--t up.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Reported here it was
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Confirmation of one-shot spin-offs, which they all but announced already when the acquisition happened... No confirmation of a Yoda movie.

And actually I notice that the IGN article says "in the same timeframe" as the sequel trilogy. I'm not sure whether that means just made in (OOU) or set during (in-universe), but if it's the latter it might be a bit difficult to figure out how to make a whole movie about a dead blue glowy ghost
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

We all know the first movie is gonna be a Jar Jar Binks movie
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

So could this possibly end up leading to something set in the KOTOR era? I know the IGN article says "in the same timeframe" but I always say you cant spell ignorant without IGN!

Comment

Honestly I'd be terrified of them doing something in the KOTOR era just because I worry they'd f--k it all up, my favourite EU period!

Comment

Originally posted by replicator todd View Post
                  so could this possibly end up leading to something set in the kotor era? I know the ign article says "in the same timeframe" but i always say you cant spell ignorant without ign!
                  not the kotor era!!!
                  "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I'll go see Star Wars VII like anyone else and I'll most likely enjoy it, but why can't they just leave a perfectly good series alone? Do they know how long my marathons are now that they make everything in a lot of movies and in different parts?

Oh and you can BET, that Star Wars VII will have a Part 1 and a Part 2. Greedy bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Honestly I'd be terrified of them doing something in the KOTOR era just because I worry they'd f--k it all up, my favourite EU period!
                      Thats true there is always a chance of a major screw up but I have faith in Kennedy and Co to do it right. As long as its not a direct adaption of the era and maybe a side story. I don't want the KOTOR I & II necessarily on the big screen but maybe a glimpse of that era through the eyes of some side-character.

Comment

Originally posted by djackson1234 View Post
                        I'll go see Star Wars VII like anyone else and I'll most likely enjoy it, but why can't they just leave a perfectly good series alone? Do they know how long my marathons are now that they make everything in a lot of movies and in different parts?

Oh and you can BET, that Star Wars VII will have a Part 1 and a Part 2. Greedy bastards.
                        Dude, Episode VII is the first part of a TRILOGY.
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

http://news.sky.com/story/1048965/st...-freeborn-dies
                          Star Wars makeup artist Stuart Freeborn dies...

Comment

R.I.P. SW behind-the-scenes guy I've never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              http://news.sky.com/story/1048965/st...-freeborn-dies
                              Star Wars makeup artist Stuart Freeborn dies...
                              Dude, post that as its own thread. Nothing to do with Episode VII, and IMO more than relevant enough for its own topic

Comment

Not to appear stupid or something, but what does IMO mean?

Comment

Working...
                                X