No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just seen film today, I will be the first one to admit I was never much of a Star Wars fan, I was kinda disappointed with the whole film, just a generic story, with a script that if it was a film with a different title it would have been torn to shreds by critics.

Even the CGI and special effects were all by the book, some scenes look like they were matte paintings, ILM seem to be falling behind other special effects houses. Jupiter Ascended was terrible in many areas but they did create a stunning looking scenery that set the bar for what should be in a space opera.

I'm kinda disappointed Poe didn't join the team his chemistry with Finn in their escape from that war ship was some of the best scenes in the film, shame that chemistry all but disappear by the end of the film, if they can keep it going all through the next film

Base of this effort overhaul, JJ Abram should just be ban from space opera altogether, he create three and all three have failed to impress me.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I think that Luke knocked up someone (Sadly based on their looks, it can't be a former imperial agent with red hair >.>) and didn't know she was pregnant. And then when the whole Kylo Ren and the Academy thing went south, out of fear they hid her away. That way, Luke doesn't look like a jerk.

That just doesn't seem very likely from the film.
    Last edited by knowles2; 03 March 2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Seen it last month, I liked it
      sigpic

Comment

Don't know if this is posted or not.. but BD/DVD release for this is 4/5/16

Comment

Pre ordered it. Somehow I don't think it'll be easy to find it in a store the day of.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I pre-ordered too.

Comment

I'll just wait a few months and THEN I'll buy it. Like what I did with Pacific Rim.
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

I pre-ordered it on Amazon a while ago. I can't wait to watch it again lol.
                sigpic

Comment

Just Saw it for the first time, and i loved it!, my favorite Star Wars movie now i think, here's how i'd rate them

TFA
                  ESB
                  ANH
                  ROTS
                  ROTJ
                  TPM
                  AOTC

So probably only 2nd to Empire Strikes Back (TFA and ESB are kinda tied), which use to be my favorite Star Wars
                  Last edited by mr_kennedy; 03 April 2016, 01:58 PM.
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

SO for those who have ran out and gotten the dvd/blue ray, can anyone give a rundown of the differences between the 2 disks? Was the movie itself any different from the one in the theater??

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                      just saw it for the first time, and i loved it!, my favorite star wars movie now i think, here's how i'd rate them

tfa
                      esb
                      anh
                      rots
                      rotj
                      tpm
                      aotc

so probably only 2nd to empire strikes back (tfa and esb are kinda tied), which use to be my favorite star wars
                      RotJ
                      ESB
                      TFA
                      RotS
                      ANH
                      TPM
                      AoC
                      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I saw that Amazon has it available as a digital download.
                        sigpic

Comment

For those of you interested in nerdgasmic easter eggs, and have a spare mind blowing 45 minutes, give this a watch if you haven't already:

Comment

As of right now, I'd rank the movies this way:

RotJ
                            TFA/ESB
                            RotS
                            ANH
                            TPM
                            AotC

I love them all though, well maybe not TPM and AotC, but I do like those two as well, just nowhere near as much as the others.
                            sigpic

Comment

A good drinking game to make out of watching the prequels:

every time you cringe, drink.

you'll die from alcohol poisoning before you have to suffer "i'll try spinning, that's a neat trick!"

Comment

If I try a prequel drinking game, I'll have to use water. Don't want to expire before episode VIII. (Alternately, drink every time Obi-Wan says something snarky.)
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Working...
                                X