Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
    real world explanation, for some reason the guy who played wedge ended up really hating star wars, so no way he was coming back, so i guess in universe theyll just say he died off screen in some way
    Aww man for real? Wedge is my favorite.

Comment

I suspect Finn is an untrained force sensitive, just as others have been in the past, because the ability is passed down through genetics via family lineage.

We've seen this before. Anakin's ability to handle a pod racer for one example; he was the only human able to do so, as I recall, he was unconsciously using the force.

Perhaps this also has something to do with his being unable to follow the orders given him as a stormtrooper for the First Order

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        I think he might be, but we shall have to see..

One question someone raised on another site.. Why is it when we saw the other old guard (ackbar, Nein nubb etc) we didn't see Wedge or the others like Hobbie??
        I'm surprised Ackbar and Nubb are in the resistance. I can understand Leia making the group, but wouldn't the others be serving on the New Republic Starfleet?
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Not sure about Nien Nunb, but Ackbar is there because Leia talked him into coming out of retirement to help out with the Resistance. IIRC it's in the first chapter of the TFA novelization.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            [conjecture]It even incorporates one of the bigger events in the books based on the original, a young jedi called Kyp Durron, a jedi pupil of Luke's new Jedi academy who turned to the dark side.[/conjecture].
            No it doesn't. It just lifts that story idea and applies it to Ben/Kylo Ren instead.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ben/Kylo Ren reminded me of
              Spoiler:
              Jacen/Darth Caedus because he's Han and Leia's son and he turned to the darkside, and because his name was Ben I was also reminded of Luke's son Ben (in the old EU).
              sigpic

Comment

Honestly I found it a little odd that Han & Leia would name their kid Ben (presumably, in honour of Ben Kenobi). But Han only knew Ben Kenobi for like an hour, while Leia never met him at all. Would've made far more sense if it had been Luke's kid that was named Ben.

Which, to point out the obvious, was the case in the Expanded Universe.

Comment

^ I agree.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                    The resistance isn't the new republic's army. it's a very small group of fighters leia put together to battle the new order- which the new republic decided wasn't a threat.
                    It would have been nice for them to explain that in the movie.

If I understood you corrently then, Leia created her own personal army outside of the Republic chain of command?

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    Ben/Kylo Ren reminded me of
                    Spoiler:
                    Jacen/Darth Caedus because he's Han and Leia's son and he turned to the darkside, and because his name was Ben I was also reminded of Luke's son Ben (in the old EU).
                    Spoiler:
                    The more I think on it Kylo dresses like a Revan want-to-be and is such a tantum thrower he makes that idiot Jacen look more credible as a character.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Kylo Ren looks like discount evil Andy Samberg

Comment

As big as that beak is, I thought he did a great job in TFA. In particular, the bit on the bridge (you know the scene) was an incredible bit of acting IMO. I was completely invested in the character, believed it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                          real world explanation, for some reason the guy who played wedge ended up really hating star wars, so no way he was coming back, so i guess in universe theyll just say he died off screen in some way
                          I heard that too, that the actor who played Wedge wanted nothing to do with #7, but he could have at least gotten someone else to play an 'older wedge'..

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Honestly I found it a little odd that Han & Leia would name their kid Ben (presumably, in honour of Ben Kenobi). But Han only knew Ben Kenobi for like an hour, while Leia never met him at all. Would've made far more sense if it had been Luke's kid that was named Ben.

Maybe they did it to honor luke since he had no kid at the time?

Comment

just have to say this fighting on a SW board about this
                            Spoiler:
                            Rey is Luke's daughter you Frelling morons how much more proof do you Frakking need and no one who works at Lucas Films is going to confirm or deny anything about that until 8 comes out

ok feel better now had to release the dark sith energy this forum is a safe place for me that was not directed at any of you I have seen it twice now

The only convoluted reason I can come up with if it wasn't for Ben they wouldn't met but it is kinda weak
                            Last edited by poundpuppy29; 29 December 2015, 10:29 PM.
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Not sure about Nien Nunb, but Ackbar is there because Leia talked him into coming out of retirement to help out with the Resistance. IIRC it's in the first chapter of the TFA novelization.
                              That makes a lot more sense. I haven't read the novelization...or any star wars movie novelization for that matter. Does it contain considerably more information?
                              Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              just have to say this fighting on a SW board about this
                              Spoiler:
                              Rey is Luke's daughter you Frelling morons how much more proof do you Frakking need and no one who works at Lucas Films is going to confirm or deny anything about that until 8 comes out

ok feel better now had to release the dark sith energy this forum is a safe place for me that was not directed at any of you I have seen it twice now

Well...there is an issue of timeline and why she was abandoned...just saying. But yes, I am a fan of that theory.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                                That makes a lot more sense. I haven't read the novelization...or any star wars movie novelization for that matter. Does it contain considerably more information?
                                I'll have to let you know, I'm only a couple of chapters in

If you haven't read any of the novelizations though, I'd suggest giving the ROTS one a go. Plus Labyrinth of Evil, which leads directly into ROTS. The pair of them tell a much grander and more complete story--and the book version of ROTS makes a lot more sense than the movie (particularly with regards to Anakin's turn to the dark side). After reading the novelization of ROTS, the film version feels like the version that was cut down to fit into a timeslot on TBS on a Tuesday night.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Well...there is an issue of timeline and why she was abandoned...just saying. But yes, I am a fan of that theory.
                                My pet theory is that that is indeed who she is, and she was sent into hiding on Jakku to protect her from Kylo Ren when he fell, loosely mirroring Luke's upbringing.

Comment

Working...
                                X