Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
    As far as who Rey's parents are, when it comes to JJ Abram's, isn't it almost never the obvious choice?
    But he's playing in someone else's sandbox here. He might not have been the one to make that decision.

Comment

saw it last night. loved every minute of it. dc;wa.
      had a ****-eating grin the entire time.
      Spoiler:
      What I want to go back and watch in detail is the force-flashback Rey has, since there's a bunch of stuff in there.

-The way they introduced the Falcon was my favorite part of the whole thing. First legit woot and claps out of yours truly, ******* loved it.
      -Close second was the X-Wings arriving in formation.
      -Han's death is good for moving forward with the story, I think old man Harrison did an older Han justice, both him and Carrie made their characters now age and battle-worn completely believable decades later.
      -I felt worse for Chewbacca than Leia after Han got killed.
      -BB8 is ******* adorable and the thumbs up lighter thing was great. Partially cute/sad moment when he nudges R2 when they first meet trying to activate him in a very Wall-E sort of moment.
      -Finn's character is good for having a more average-Joe in the middle of everything kind of guy.
      -I sincerely hope this movie catapults Daisy Ridley's career, she was fantastic.
      -jj abrams has a hard on for destroying entire planets. thus far i put the count at 6. romulus & vulcan in star trek, then 3 republic planets and the starkiller planet.
      -i'm firmly in the camp that rey is luke's daughter - though I am reading a lot of talk about how she is also han and leia's daughter and Ren's sister.

also, fun tidbit- the stormtrooper that Rey mind-tricks to let her out of the restraint table, is Daniel Craig.

Comment

Am I the only one who when reading the opening text of this great film, read it like it was the opening text of Star Wars The Clone Wars including hearing the awesome narrators voice??? That would have been epic if it opened like a an episode of the clone wars to me.

Comment

I still haven't watched it. Therefore I hate you all...until I see it. Then I wont hate you all >.>
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Saw it yesterday. Had to go home and watch some Stargate SG-1 to help me get over it.

Comment

I plan on taking my mom to see it the week after Christmas as a Christmas gift since she is a fan of the franchise and hasn't seen a Star Wars movie in theaters since episode 6 so I thought I would share this with her.
              sigpic
              Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
              http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ive seen it! Might have to go watch it again...

Comment

Saw it. My review is: I liked it on its own, good movie. It has it's JJ Abrams plot holes. He still makes the mistake of trying to show too many things in a fast pace without enough "props" but the movie, characters, and plot get the job done and that's the most important thing.

I look forward with anticipation to the other movies.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Well just got back from seeing it and here are my thoughts.

I loved the initial showing of fin, being so cowardly and all. makes a change from storm troopers being so brazen. I also liked how he was gasping for air back aboard the main ship, like he was trying to stave off a panic attack.
                    The fight to get out, i thought was well done as well, though his blowing up stuff seemed more hapenstance, rather than planned.

The meeting between fin an ray was decent, though why did he all of a suddenly grow some courage to flee with her "holding her hand' dragging her along?

That 'gal' han met up with to try and get Fin, BB-8 and ray to, i would LOVE to know more on her, and her species..

Loved the fight between Fin and the stormie with the staff, but glad that he got killed by Chewie.

The scene at the rebel base as they were explaining everything on Starkiller, seemed very Hoth/Yavin to me, though why did we only see Xwings? Are all the other fighters the rebellion had gone?

All in all a very nice addition to the saga, though i really missed some space battles in this one.

Comment

Was there an after credits teaser for anyone? Sure I read somewhere there would be but we didn't get one

Comment

Not to my knowledg,e but then again as soon as the credits started rolling i left..

Comment

We saw it last night and loved it.
                          Spoiler:
                          even though you could tell what was about to happen to Han, I still almost knocked one of my kids out covering my mouth with both hands so I wouldn't cry out!!!!! At first I though we lost Chewie too when he hit the detonator, I was quite relieved to see him later!!

Comment

A spoiler i noticed elsewhere.. Daniel Craig, was that storm trooper who Rey mind affected to get her released from her restraints..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Not to my knowledg,e but then again as soon as the credits started rolling i left..
                              No they confirmed there is none.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                A spoiler i noticed elsewhere.. Daniel Craig, was that storm trooper who Rey mind affected to get her released from her restraints..
                                I mentioned it about ten posts back.

Comment

Working...
                                X