No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really, desperately want the EU to be preserved as well...I just don't see that being even a remote possibility

(This is a rare occasion in which I would be THRILLED to be wrong)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Even if EU is utterly lost, a Kyle Katarn cameo(even if he's just there for like a second) would be treasured.
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        Even if EU is utterly lost, a Kyle Katarn cameo(even if he's just there for like a second) would be treasured.
        If the EU is utterly lost then Kyle Katarn wouldn't even exist in the movies' timeline. Why would he have a cameo?
        Meh...

Comment

Gosling reps: Star Wars rumours aren't true
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Apparently one of the casting calls is for Leia and Hans twins...

Comment

Not according to the (apparently legitimate) casting calls that came out just a few weeks ago.

Comment

Ill have to check with my friend then, as they are going for the auditions for the role

Comment

Though JJ Abrams spilled the beans on this some time ago, Disney/LucasFilm have finally deigned to officially announce that John Williams will be scoring Episode VII.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Though JJ Abrams spilled the beans on this some time ago, Disney/LucasFilm have finally deigned to officially announce that John Williams will be scoring Episode VII.
                    It wouldn't be star wars without his style.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      I really, desperately want the EU to be preserved as well...I just don't see that being even a remote possibility

(This is a rare occasion in which I would be THRILLED to be wrong)
                      When in the EU timeline this movie falls will be the determining factor as to how much damage is done to the EU series of events. I'm of the opinion that some major plot points from the EU will be preserved without worrying about the details.

Purely speculative: An example would the twins have the same names, similar but shortened back stories but smaller characters\events will be completely unmentioned or rewritten to some degree.
                      sigpic

Comment

That would be pretty good. Toss away some unneeded stuff, but keep the core of the EU intact. We can only hope.
                        I wonder if the Yuuzhan Vong will be the bad guys or if it'll be Sith again.
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                          I wonder if the Yuuzhan Vong will be the bad guys or if it'll be Sith again.
                          I see that as an event that is covered in too much detail via the EU to attempt in a film.
                          sigpic

Comment

Article speculates about potential announcements at the upcoming Disney Expo

With the D23 expo approaching in the next few weeks, anticipation is starting to build with many fans wondering what will be announced by Disney for the new "Star Wars Episode 7" film.

While Disney has not confirmed any news, the company has hinted a few things that could be announced.

1. Cast: Throughout the past year, it has been rumored that Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill would reprise their roles from the original film.
                            Full Story Here
                            sigpic

Comment

Benedict Cumberbatch is rumored to star in Episode VII.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                Benedict Cumberbatch is rumored to star in Episode VII.
                                Oh great, that guy can multiact, I swear.

Comment

Working...
                                X