Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as they don't hire back Jason Court, good lord
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      As long as they don't hire back Jason Court, good lord
      what was wrong with him?

Comment

I'd rather say as long as they BRING BACK Jason Court.
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I guess it's nice that they are bringing back some of the older characters. Not sure why they would want to. except to attract the nostalgia crowd maybe?
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

I'm absolutely sure that's a big factor. But I also think it's to give the new movies a continuity with the old. Just as the OT "featured" characters from the PT as the elder generation, now the Sequel Trilogy will feature OT characters as the elder generation.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm really hoping they go with the "New Jedi Order" series for the movies. Older Luke, Han, and Lea would make sense for it too. Though actors might just be a bit too old, I fear.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

I, alternatively, would prefer if the NJO/Vong stuff was never mentioned again

Comment

I, alternatively, would prefer if the NJO/Vong stuff was never mentioned again
                  At first I didn't like it, but the story line kinda grew on me. It'd be hard to have an old Trio and not contradict the Expanded Universe if it is set at a later point in time...
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm really hoping it's set 45 ABY or later, so it may potentially be able to fit into the existing EU.

Comment

I'm really hoping it's set 45 ABY or later, so it may potentially be able to fit into the existing EU.
                      That gets my vote. The less reworking of cannon the better.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Can someone please explain to me how time works in the SW universe? ABY and BBY have never ceased to confuse me(I tried to figure it out on Wookiepedia but it didn't help).
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

BBY = Before the Battle of Yavin (the Death Star battle in ANH)
                          ABY = After the Battle of Yavin

So, 5 BBY = 5 years before ANH. 5 ABY = 5 years after ANH.

Currently the earliest EU story is set in 25,793 BBY (25,793 years before ANH), while the latest is set in 138 ABY (138 years after ANH).

Comment

Thanks a LOT.

Comment

Thats what I've been hoping for. I don't mind little things being altered but I don't want the entirety of the EU to be erased.
                              Last edited by Replicator Todd; 13 March 2013, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I'm kinda hoping they'll show Ben Skywalker finding or at least using Obi-Wan's lightsaber.

Comment

Working...
                                X