Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Dude, post that as its own thread. Nothing to do with Episode VII, and IMO more than relevant enough for its own topic
    Yeah, I wasnt sure whether it was enough for its own thread, and as theres no general SW discussion thread, thought the best place would be here...
    And IMO is in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Thats true there is always a chance of a major screw up but I have faith in Kennedy and Co to do it right. As long as its not a direct adaption of the era and maybe a side story. I don't want the KOTOR I & II necessarily on the big screen but maybe a glimpse of that era through the eyes of some side-character.
      I think it would be good if they did a spin off movie set in the New Sith Wars time period since the game Star Wars The Old Republic will most likely close the door for the Kotor era.
      1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
      5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
      6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I doubt it

Actually I'm fully expecting that Episode VII will jettison the kiddie garbage that made the prequels so terrible. For Star Trek, Abrams managed to strike a good balance between appealing to existing Trek fans while attracting tons of new ones. I'm hoping and expecting he'll do the same for Star Wars.
        JJ definitely brings viewship with him and I really want to secure a long line of Star Wars movies. VII will be part one of a trilogy to conclude the overall story of the Skylwalker's (I imagine).

We have tenative confirmation of 2 more 1 off movies and I hope to have many more films!

Originally posted by Rawtheran View Post
        I think it would be good if they did a spin off movie set in the New Sith Wars time period since the game Star Wars The Old Republic will most likely close the door for the Kotor era.
        Not critisizing ^ but maybe a separate thread should be made to discuss films other than Episode VII (and anything other than related info involving VIII & IX)
        sigpic

Comment

Word is that Harrison Ford has signed on for Episode VII

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/15/...s-episode-vii/

http://boomstickcomics.com/2013/02/h...one-more-time/

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-epi...ford-han-solo/

http://www.flixist.com/harrison-ford...i-214772.phtml
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hip-hip hooray!!!!!
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              Not to appear stupid or something, but what does IMO mean?
              In my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by m626 View Post
                In my opinion.
                Already got it, thanks.
                "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I can't wait for this movie just wanted to say that
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Expanded Universe authors sound off on what they'd like to see in the sequel trilogy
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sweet. I agree with them.
                      I for one believe that Ben Skywalker should be the new leading role. As the son of Luke and the grandson of Anakin, he'd be the perfect choice.

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                        Sweet. I agree with them.
                        I for one believe that Ben Skywalker should be the new leading role. As the son of Luke and the grandson of Anakin, he'd be the perfect choice.
                        That could be interesting.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

The Return of Carrie Fisher?

http://io9.com/5988790/carrie-fisher...g-to-star-wars

Comment

A retired Han Solo and Leia will be fun to watch.

Comment

Did George just let the cat out of the bag?

Remember how Carrie Fisher announced she was going to be in Star Wars: Episode VII? And then someone, presumably at Disney, made her deny her announcement? Well, I think George Lucas just denied her denial, because he says Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher are all in for Episode VII, and it's pretty much a done deal. Here's what he told Bloomberg Businessweek:

Asked whether members of the original Star Wars cast will appear in Episode VII and if he called them before the deal closed to keep them informed, Lucas says, "We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison-or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation. So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what's going on.'?" He pauses. "Maybe I'm not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them." Then he adds: "I won't say whether the negotiations were successful or not."

Comment

Well yay for the old guys coming back.
                                I'd love to see Lando again, too.
                                And a GLIMPSE of Kyle Katarn, please!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X