Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Moving to Disney XD means I'll have to find them on the internet next season. That sucks.

At least things are starting to look REALLY interesting for the rest of this arc!!!!
    I have to do that at the moment, only way I can see this great show...

Comment

So did we all enjoy?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Do you really need to ask?
        Meh...

Comment

Haha, you just reminded me this was on, just settling down to watch it, be back in 30mins...

Comment

Hmm, interesting... Played out like I thought it would, but was exciting to see...
            so,
            Spoiler:
            Maul is still alive...
            Wonder what this other use is...
            The other woman turns out to be Satines sister, didnt see that coming.
            Sad to see her die though, but it was expected...

Looking forward to what they throw at us next...

Comment

Awesome Episode
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Great episode!!!

Spoiler:
                Love the twist with Bo-Katani being Satine's sister. Happy to see the New Mandalorians fall. They were a blight on the franchise, IMHO. I'm really interested in seeing the outcome of the new civil war that appears to be brewing on Mandalore and what happens to Maul.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Oh yes, I'm especially interested in

Spoiler:
                  Where the Maul story goes from here. They were quite deliberate in not having him die, and that Palps seems to have plans for him. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Speaking of: I loved, loved, loved seeing Palps get involved. The way he killed and tossed aside the Mandalorians like they were nothing, how he squared off against the Zabrak brothers, how for about half the fight he almost seemed like he was just toying with them... And then capping off the fight by just smashing the crap out of Maul both emotionally and physically, wow. Amazing to see him flexing his Sithy muscles
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Spoiler:
                    I'm wondering what and who he means when he says you have already been replaced? does he mean anakin? is it just count dooku, or is it leading up to something bigger?

Spoiler:
                    also wondering what plans palps has for maul too
                    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 02 February 2013, 08:07 PM.
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

I thought it was pretty obviously Dooku; nothing else even occurred to me

Comment

We'll i did think that aswell just the tone of the whole situation made me wonder if it might have been someone else idk
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Google+ roundtable chat discussing The Lawless, featuring Ashley Eckstein, Dave Filoni, Pablo Hidalgo, Matt Lanter, Sam Witwer, and some squeeing fanboy whose name I missed.

Comment

The Lawless trivia:

IAN ABERCROMBIE REMEMBERED
                            The episode begins with the title card "In Memory of Ian Abercrombie" -- the voice of Palpatine on the series passed away on January 26, 2012. This episode features some of his last recorded performance as Palpatine and Sidious.

APPEARING LIVE ON MANDALORE (ONE NIGHT ONLY)
                            This episode marks the first appearance of Darth Sidious "in the flesh." In all other appearances, he has been a hologram.

DOUBLE-DEALING DARK LORD
                            That Darth Sidious fights with two lightsabers is evident in Episode III -- he has two lightsabers in Revenge of the Sith, though he never has an opportunity to wield them simultaneously since he loses one in his fight with Mace Windu before dueling Yoda.

RAKO'S RETURN (AFTER A FASHION)
                            Obi-Wan Kenobi is wearing his Rako Hardeen disguise (from Season Four's "Deception" arc) when he arrives on Mandalore.

NOW THIS IS PODRACING!
                            The much-battered Twilight now sports a cartoonish illustration of Anakin as a boy Podracer pilot, with Aurebesh text that says "WIZARD!!!" The Twilight has not been seen since Season Two's "Children of the Force."

MOOGAN TEA PARTY
                            There are Moogan traders delivering supplies to the Mandalorian capital of Sundari. They were last seen in "Corruption" in Season Three. This may be an indication that since he's been reinstated to power, Prime Minister Almec is calling back his old allies.

THEY GROW UP SO FAST
                            Korkie, Amis, Lagos, and Soniee were the teenaged cadets previously seen in Season Three's "The Academy" episode.

KRYZE. BO-KATAN KRYZE.
                            Though many fans assumed that Bo-Katan was her full name, the hyphen indicates that it has always been intended as just one name -- her given name. This has concealed her full family name of Bo-Katan Kryze.

YOU'VE LOST THAT MAGIC TOUCH
                            As Savage dies, he transforms to his original, pre-monstrous form as Mother Talzin's dark magicks drain from his body.

HANDY SHIELDS
                            The small portable shields incorporated into the Death Watch loyalists' gauntlets were developed after the gunfight with the super commandos was laid out, since the large open space of the combat area provided no suitable cover for the troopers.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Oh yes, I'm especially interested in

Spoiler:
                              Where the Maul story goes from here. They were quite deliberate in not having him die, and that Palps seems to have plans for him. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!

Speaking of: I loved, loved, loved seeing Palps get involved. The way he killed and tossed aside the Mandalorians like they were nothing, how he squared off against the Zabrak brothers, how for about half the fight he almost seemed like he was just toying with them... And then capping off the fight by just smashing the crap out of Maul both emotionally and physically, wow. Amazing to see him flexing his Sithy muscles
                              Spoiler:
                              We haven't gotten to see Palps display his powers very often have we? I like it when we get to see just how strong he is with the Dark Side.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

^ Agreed!

Two preview clips for the next episode are online now...

The first is rather low-quality; was shown during that Google+ Hangout video I posted above. Not sure, but I'd expect it to be one of the clips that goes up on the TCW site later this week.

The second, in much better quality, is a more exciting clip currently being previewed on the Cartoon Network site.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X