Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, we already knew that...IIRC it was in the Revival trivia notes
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Yes, we already knew that...IIRC it was in the Revival trivia notes
      D'oh! i must have glossed over it the first time i read it.

Comment

Ugh. This one was as cringe-inducing as that old Roger Moore Bond movie with the voodoo insanity.
        I have to agree with you, Digi. This episode was right up there with Live and Let Die. Maybe the final episode will salvage the arc.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

5.08 "Bound for Rescue" trivia:

Spoiler:
          ALL WINGS REPORT IN
          Among the clone pilots serving with Obi-Wan Kenobi's task force are Killer, the Z-95 Headhunter pilot who is shot down (left), and Engle, the Y-wing pilot who crashes into the hangar and is helped by Obi-Wan.

TOGRUTA PERFORMER
          One of the Togruta performers in Preigo's carnival is named Carshotta.

ANIMAL INSTINCTS: PETRO
          As part of the Animal Instincts tumbling troupe, some of the younglings dress as creatures. Petro is dressed up as a gundark...

ANIMAL INSTINCTS: ZATT
          ... Zatt is dressed as a rancor...

ANIMAL INSTINCTS: GUNGI
          ... and Gungi is dressed as a narglatch.

ANIMAL INSTINCTS: KATOONI & BYPH
          Katooni and Byph, however, are not dressed as animals. Katooni's outfit is inspired by the palace outfit that Willie Scott wears in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, while Byph is adorned with blossoms from the trees of Carlac, seen in the Season Four episode, "A Friend in Need."

RED BALL JETT
          The carnival performers include a keyboard instrument of the same type used by Max Rebo in Return of the Jedi. The Gamorrean clown plays it, though it is only partially seen on camera in the episode.

When Petro spots Preigo's transport through a pair of macrobinoculars, he reads the sign on the side as "Preigo's Traveling World of Wonders." The sign on the ship, though, just says "Preigo's Carnival" in Huttese.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Alright episode, bit lighthearted, but nicely spaced between the action and the younglings.
            Would have liked to see abit more of the space action though.

Comment

Man am I ever glad this arc is over. Last night's episode was a big improvement over last week's (though that didn't take much effort), but I'm happy not to have to see those kids again. Especially that snot-nosed Katooni kid. Would it have been so hard to hire a VA who didn't have a cold?

Comment

i am looking forward now to the mandalorian arc (I.E. Death Watch, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious. Obi-Wan in Mandalorian armor.) and the asajj ventress arc, i really wanna know if she takes out some jedi.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  i am looking forward now to the mandalorian arc (I.E. Death Watch, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious. Obi-Wan in Mandalorian armor.) and the asajj ventress arc, i really wanna know if she takes out some jedi.
                  Same here.

On the upside with today's episode
                  Spoiler:
                  we found out that Hondo fixed Slave I.

Comment

I'm not sure -- was that what it was? Or just the same class ship?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Same here.

On the upside with today's episode
                      Spoiler:
                      we found out that Hondo fixed Slave I.
                      well wookiepedia said it was Slave I so I'm guessing it was the same ship.

Comment

It had to be Slave I. All the other ships of its class were destroyed. Unless they're rewriting that part of the canon, which admittedly wouldn't be the first time they've done that.
                        Meh...

Comment

5.09 "A Necessary Bond" trivia:
                          Spoiler:
                          FALL OF THE PIRATE'S DEN
                          This episode answers what exactly happened to Hondo Ohnaka's base, which was seen destroyed in "Revival," the season opener. Originally, "Revival" was planned to air later in the season, in proper chronological order, but it was moved to the start in order to better showcase the Darth Maul storyline. In "Revival," Hondo describes his base being overrun by General Grievous.

TWILIGHT ENTRANCE
                          The entrance to Hondo's secret ship vault is marked by a downed vessel -- it's the same animation model as Anakin Skywalker's Twilight, but heavily distressed.

WE MEET AGAIN, AT LAST
                          The Slave I makes its first appearance since "Lethal Trackdown," the Season Two finale. In that episode, the ship still bore Jango Fett's paint scheme. In the intervening time, Hondo repainted it with the colors it will bear when it becomes Boba Fett's vessel.

EVOLUTION OF THE SLAVE I
                          The evolution of the Slave I. Clockwise from top right: ILM model from Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones; Lucasfilm Animation model from Season Two; paint scheme illustration for Season Five by Kilian Plunkett; ILM model from Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. (Image)

RECYCLING IS A LIFESAVER
                          Ironically, Ahsoka is saved by the very vessel she caused to crash in "Lethal Trackdown."

SOMETHING FAMILIAR ABOUT THIS PLACE...
                          Another connection: Ahsoka and the younglings escape through the geyser trenches that are quite similar to the gorges she chases Aurra Sing through in "Lethal Trackdown."

Comment

5.09 "A Necessary Bond" trivia:
                            Spoiler:
                            FALL OF THE PIRATE'S DEN
                            This episode answers what exactly happened to Hondo Ohnaka's base, which was seen destroyed in "Revival," the season opener. Originally, "Revival" was planned to air later in the season, in proper chronological order, but it was moved to the start in order to better showcase the Darth Maul storyline. In "Revival," Hondo describes his base being overrun by General Grievous.

TWILIGHT ENTRANCE
                            The entrance to Hondo's secret ship vault is marked by a downed vessel -- it's the same animation model as Anakin Skywalker's Twilight, but heavily distressed.

WE MEET AGAIN, AT LAST
                            The Slave I makes its first appearance since "Lethal Trackdown," the Season Two finale. In that episode, the ship still bore Jango Fett's paint scheme. In the intervening time, Hondo repainted it with the colors it will bear when it becomes Boba Fett's vessel.

EVOLUTION OF THE SLAVE I
                            The evolution of the Slave I. Clockwise from top right: ILM model from Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones; Lucasfilm Animation model from Season Two; paint scheme illustration for Season Five by Kilian Plunkett; ILM model from Star Tours: The Adventures Continue. (Image)

RECYCLING IS A LIFESAVER
                            Ironically, Ahsoka is saved by the very vessel she caused to crash in "Lethal Trackdown."

SOMETHING FAMILIAR ABOUT THIS PLACE...
                            Another connection: Ahsoka and the younglings escape through the geyser trenches that are quite similar to the gorges she chases Aurra Sing through in "Lethal Trackdown."
                            Thanks for posting this Digi. I always like reading them.

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                              Unless they're rewriting that part of the canon, which admittedly wouldn't be the first time they've done that.
                              Care to enlighten me by that BOLD yet Cryptic statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                Care to enlighten me by that BOLD yet Cryptic statement?
                                The writers have rewritten canon before by killing Even Piell and Adi Gallia before they were originally supposed to die.
                                Meh...

Comment

Working...
                                X