• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars - On Blu-Ray

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73057

The Announcement Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5uBxzIfXT0

I won't be buying until I know whether or not it has the original trilogy plus the special edition trilogy. I already have the special edition on DVD (gold box set) and getting the original version on Blu-Ray is the only why I haven't bought the double disc Star Wars DVDs that include both versions of original.

When I think about it, I'll wait to see if they fixed all the problems with the original versions with the HD special edition like Luke's lightsaber going from white, to blue, to green within the same scene. Even in the trailer, the lightsaber battles between Luke and Vader (both red/blue and red/green) looked iffy.

I am a bit surprised they never mentioned 3D, but chances are they'll want to release those in cinemas first but since I don't give a toss about 3D, this may be the set for me.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      I won't be buying until I know whether or not it has the original trilogy plus the special edition trilogy. I already have the special edition on DVD (gold box set) and getting the original version on Blu-Ray is the only why I haven't bought the double disc Star Wars DVDs that include both versions of original.

When I think about it, I'll wait to see if they fixed all the problems with the original versions with the HD special edition like Luke's lightsaber going from white, to blue, to green within the same scene. Even in the trailer, the lightsaber battles between Luke and Vader (both red/blue and red/green) looked iffy.

I am a bit surprised they never mentioned 3D, but chances are they'll want to release those in cinemas first but since I don't give a toss about 3D, this may be the set for me.
      Uh read the article I posted it tells you whats included

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        Uh read the article I posted it tells you whats included
        The article answers none of the issues SaberBlade raised.

I'm also interested in knowing the answers to those questions. I probably wouldn't have bought the OT trilogy boxset if I'd known that a) there were going to be theatrical releases on DVD; and b) said theatrical releases would also include the SEs that were in the boxset.

I need to know more too before deciding if I'll get it--and spend money on the SW films for the 5th time
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't care what version of the Original Trilogy is included, I'm buying it regardless! Although I think it may be very unlikely I will get the Prequels...unless I get the Complete Saga.

Comment

don't see the point, already own all 6 films on dvd, why pay money just for them to look prettier

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
              don't see the point, already own all 6 films on dvd, why pay money just for them to look prettier
              Er...that would be exactly why.

I find the DVDs don't upscale (40" LCD @ 120hz) well at all. The difference between live-action and CGI is very, very apparent.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

More special features?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  The article answers none of the issues SaberBlade raised.

I'm also interested in knowing the answers to those questions. I probably wouldn't have bought the OT trilogy boxset if I'd known that a) there were going to be theatrical releases on DVD; and b) said theatrical releases would also include the SEs that were in the boxset.

I need to know more too before deciding if I'll get it--and spend money on the SW films for the 5th time
                  It's like my 5th time too.

1. Special Edition Original Trilogy on VHS (gold box).
                  2. Special Edition Original Trilogy on DVD (gold box).
                  3. Episodes I, II on VHS, I couldn't find III on VHS so decided to buy;
                  4. Episodes I, II, III on DVD then a week later saw III available on VHS (but never bought it, I may try finding it second hand though).
                  5. Potentially the Complete Collection on Blu-Ray.

I had been holding off on getting the second release of the Original Trilogy DVDs that contained the original version of each movie because I didn't want to own a third set of the same movies. At least with Blu-Ray, I have a better choice. I've seen screenshots from the HD version of Empire (from TV) and it looked good for an upscale job but I still want the original movies unaltered and a proper special edition.

I am tempted to see how my DVDs look when upscaled on my PS3. Only 32" though, some stuff looks okay but others look bad so I am curious about Star Wars.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    More special features?
                    the 4th disc from my original trilogy hasnt even made it into a dvd player yet, for the most part i dont like anything behind the scenes, kinda ruins it a bit for me

Comment

the 4th disc from my original trilogy hasnt even made it into a dvd player yet, for the most part i dont like anything behind the scenes, kinda ruins it a bit for me
                      I can see that, many people are just about viewing the movie. But to me the more special features the better!

Comment

I can see that, many people are just about viewing the movie. But to me the more special features the better!
                        I love special features. It's why I tend to get the two disc versions of movies rather than the often cheaper single disc editions. So I am hoping for a boat load of special features.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          I love special features. It's why I tend to get the two disc versions of movies rather than the often cheaper single disc editions. So I am hoping for a boat load of special features.

Comment

I remember back in the days before demos on xbox live, revenge of the sith came with a battlefront 2 demo, thought that was a pretty good special feature

Comment

I remember back in the days before demos on xbox live, revenge of the sith came with a battlefront 2 demo, thought that was a pretty good special feature
                              The 2004 Star Wars Trilogy DVD had a Battlefront 1 Demo on the Special Features disc. OH, and Star Wars Clone Wars Volume 1 had a Republic Commando demo! Oh those were so awesome. I think there was also a Lego Indy Jones demo with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull(the 2-Disc version). Those were the days....

Comment

Working...
                              X